Texas Fishing Forum

Texas High School Football Playoffs

Posted By: John Peebles

Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 02:11 AM

My Newton Eagles come in as the defending State Champions and also currently ranked #1 in the State this year in 3A D2, taking on Pewitt tonight to start what is hopefully another championship run. banana

On a side note the Jasper Bulldogs also come in ranked #1 in the state in 4A D2 and play Hamshire-Fannette with what might be the best team they've had in 20+ years. Go Dawgs!
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 02:28 AM

never heard of any of those schools
Posted By: me and the boys

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 02:36 AM

It’s going to be a interesting year. I saw aledo play yes they are good but not anything close to years past.
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 02:46 AM

I'm still on the Carthage bandwagon... state champions 2008(3A/D2), 2009(3A/D2), 2010(3A/D2), 2013(3A/D1), 2016(4A/D1), 2017(4A/D1) and undefeated this year.. won their playoff game against Waxahachie yesterday. muttley

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 02:49 AM

Both are deep east Texas powerhouse programs. Jasper is about 30 miles south of Sam Rayburn and where most big Rayburn tournaments are hosted. Newton is about 15 miles east of Jasper, close to the La boarder. If you love to hunt and fish, both are great places to live.

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 02:53 AM

Originally Posted by me and the boys
It’s going to be a interesting year. I saw aledo play yes they are good but not anything close to years past.

WOS is also having an off year coming into the playoffs with a 6-4 record.
Posted By: Icepick

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by RATZ
never heard of any of those schools

Beautiful country around there. Jasper is close to Toledo Bend.
Posted By: Gixxer1k

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 03:35 AM

Argyle squeaked by Ranchview tonight.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 03:42 PM

Both Temple and Belton got clocked last night. bang

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 06:57 PM

Newton and Jasper both rollllllllled on!
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 07:14 PM

We went and watched Flower Mound get clocked last night, too, by Guyer. They know playoffs, even though they went 5-5 during reg season. Last time we went to the playoffs was 2010 and got beat by Euless Trinity at Jerruh World by a score of 88-21. Flower Mound just can't hang in football.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 07:27 PM

My farm boys from Stratford won 84-8. 2A DII. 12 rushing touchdowns on 450 yards of rushing, held Smyer(whoever that is and how does a 3-7 team even make playoffs) to 26 yards total offense. Go Elks! They had a bad season, but have historically been the 1A or 2A (back and forth) powerhouse of the Panhandle for the last 20 years. State Championship beat down of Burkeville a few years back, also beat Cayuga and Big Sandy in State Championships.

I doubt they'll go very far this year, but last night would have been a good one to see if you like dominant running.
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/17/18 07:51 PM

Cy Fair 42
Lamar 21

The Woodlands 66
Aldine Davis 7

North Shore 56
Dobie 19

Katy 52
Travis 7

New Caney 20
Hightower 14

Splendora 47
North Forest 19****The win for Splendora is the schools 1st playoff win in the 71yrs of the school***pretty cool for the kids, fans and coach's
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/18/18 02:57 AM

My old HS Port Neches Groves beat some Houston Northside (?) 48-7. The QB is committed to UT and is a pure stud. Keep the name Roschon Johnson plugged away back in those brain files.

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/18/18 03:00 AM

Originally Posted by RayBob
My old HS Port Neches Groves beat some Houston Northside (?) 48-7. The QB is committed to UT and is a pure stud. Keep the name Roschon Johnson plugged away back in those brain files.
Yep he's a player. Dude has speed and can throw
Posted By: MBarger

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/18/18 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by John Peebles
My Newton Eagles come in as the defending State Champions and also currently ranked #1 in the State this year in 3A D2, taking on Pewitt tonight to start what is hopefully another championship run. banana

On a side note the Jasper Bulldogs also come in ranked #1 in the state in 4A D2 and play Hamshire-Fannette with what might be the best team they've had in 20+ years. Go Dawgs!

Newton has looked like an unstoppable train so far this year. We should meet y'all in the quarterfinals. If we get past Harmony we should be able to advance into the quarters pretty easily.
Posted By: Gixxer1k

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/18/18 01:40 PM

Can’t wait to see him on the 40 acres.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/18/18 02:30 PM

I believe You guys play us next, Lindale
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/18/18 03:57 PM

Aledo marches on
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/18/18 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

8PM Friday night at NRG. R U going? I'd like to go.

PNG travels well. Holds the #2 attendance record with Plano High for a 1977 game in the old Texas Stadium ... 50K. (49,910).

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/18/18 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by WAWI
Aledo marches on
They do a great job recruiting.
Posted By: wupbass

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/19/18 12:24 AM

Haltom Buffalo's, Haltom City, have turned their program around the past three years. 11-0 this year and won there first playoff game. Not sure how far they will go but damn good year for them!! Go Buff's!
Posted By: JWRid

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/19/18 03:44 AM

Decided to spend some fishing time at Lake Fork this weekend and ended up going to my first High School playoff game Friday night in Emory. The Head Coach/AD of Liberty-Eylau gave me a ticket. I had forgotten how much fun high school games are to watch. Liberty won and will play this Saturday in Royce City. I hope to make it to that game also. Really enjoyed watching the kids get after it.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/19/18 04:00 AM

Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

8PM Friday night at NRG. R U going? I'd like to go.

PNG travels well. Holds the #2 attendance record with Plano High for a 1977 game in the old Texas Stadium ... 50K. (49,910).

No sir, I am not. Family thanksgiving.
Posted By: BSanders

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/19/18 11:12 AM

Go John Tyler!
Posted By: 9094

Re: Texas High School Football Playoffs - 11/19/18 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by wupbass
Haltom Buffalo's, Haltom City, have turned their program around the past three years. 11-0 this year and won there first playoff game. Not sure how far they will go but damn good year for them!! Go Buff's!

My old Alma Mater. I watched the game. A lot different team makeup than 1979.
They are an offensive machine but with zero defense it will be hard to get very deep in the playoffs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum