Texas Fishing Forum

Parker county sheriff that was shot

Posted By: jjfox09

Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 08:17 PM

He didn’t get shot at, his gun malfunctioned. Sounds fishy to me.

Click
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 08:20 PM

I thought it was strange that he was shot in the foot.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 08:37 PM

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Parker...un-Sheriff.html
Posted By: RATZ

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 08:39 PM

why keep using a gun that has a history of just going off?
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 08:40 PM

His "bug" went off on its own?
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 08:42 PM

The Parker County Sheriff always gets their man.
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 09:27 PM

Say goodbye to your career!
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 10:26 PM

He needs 1 bullet for his front pocket
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 10:28 PM

I’ll bet he was dancing and had just done a sweet back flip.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 10:45 PM

Sounds like he accidently fired his gun and shot himself then made up the other stuff to try and not look like a dumb A.... If he shot himself and was dumb enough to actually think someone was shooting at him then he really needs a new gig.
Posted By: COFF

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 10:51 PM

Seems pretty sketchy when they go out of their way to claim it is not an accidental discharge, but a weapon malfunction.

I have yet to see or hear an account of a weapon discharging without any action taken by someone or something.

Even if it got knocked out of his leg holster by a stump, that is a discharge, not a malfunction.
Posted By: Winger Ed.

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/15/18 11:38 PM

Hope he doesn't get fired.
The other deputies teasing him for the next 20 years is punishment enough.

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 12:00 AM

Originally Posted By: COFF
Seems pretty sketchy when they go out of their way to claim it is not an accidental discharge, but a weapon malfunction.

I have yet to see or hear an account of a weapon discharging without any action taken by someone or something.

Even if it got knocked out of his leg holster by a stump, that is a discharge, not a malfunction.

Good points. I also would like to hear more about the silencer that was reported to be used by the suspect (the sheriff said there isn’t a suspect anymore). Was that part of a lie, or did the deputy not hear his own gun go off because he was shot?

That being said, there are negligent discharges and there are true malfunctions (like the Remington 700 issue). Malfunctions are extremely rare. Negligent discharges are the fault of who is carrying the firearm. Accidental discharge is an incorrect term, in my opinion.
Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 01:11 AM

I thought something smelled fishy when I first heard the deputy's account, but then the sheriff said the weapon had a history of malfunctions. Why would you keep sending your guys out with a bad weapon? Now I'm wondering if the sheriff might be covering for his deputy. Something's just not right with this story.
Posted By: river-rat

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 01:15 AM

FAke news
Posted By: 44 Diesel

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 03:06 AM

A wooden gun may be in his future

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Good points. I also would like to hear more about the silencer that was reported to be used by the suspect (the sheriff said there isn’t a suspect anymore). Was that part of a lie, or did the deputy not hear his own gun go off because he was shot?

That being said, there are negligent discharges and there are true malfunctions (like the Remington 700 issue). Malfunctions are extremely rare. Negligent discharges are the fault of who is carrying the firearm. Accidental discharge is an incorrect term, in my opinion.

I’ve never been shot at so I can’t say for sure but wouldn’t you be able to tell the difference in sound of a gun going off on your ankle vs a shot in the woods? Did anyone else hear two shots in the video or was it just one?

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider
I thought something smelled fishy when I first heard the deputy's account, but then the sheriff said the weapon had a history of malfunctions. Why would you keep sending your guys out with a bad weapon? .

I keep thinking about this as well. I wonder if he might have had the gun in a holster that wasn’t made for it.

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 03:42 AM

Originally Posted By: jjfox09
Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

I’ve never been shot at so I can’t say for sure but wouldn’t you be able to tell the difference in sound of a gun going off on your ankle vs a shot in the woods? Did anyone else hear two shots in the video or was it just one?

I would think so, but I’ve never been shot at, either. When this story first came out, I thought they said the suspect had a silencer and it was a .22. I also am not sure how he was able to run after being shot in the foot.

Yes, I only heard one shot in the video.

Whole thing is weird.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 01:02 PM

he is lieing because he messed up bad
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 01:19 PM

Yeah, having a pistol go off all by itself while still in the holster is something I would expect to hear about a 1st generation Colt SAA, not a modern semiauto.

Is there another story that says what his service weapon is? I didn't see it in the linked article
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 01:26 PM

Originally Posted By: butch sanders
he is lieing because he messed up bad

Seems to be
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 01:31 PM

& the poacher is lucky they didn't shoot him
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 01:57 PM

I would hope he is fired very shortly
Posted By: Dubee

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Yeah, having a pistol go off all by itself while still in the holster is something I would expect to hear about a 1st generation Colt SAA, not a modern semiauto.

Is there another story that says what his service weapon is? I didn't see it in the linked article

It's his back up weapon
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Parker county sheriff that was shot - 11/16/18 02:07 PM

In this day and age if PCSO had evidence of him lying etc he would be gone in an instant. They are not gonna risk a PR nightmare over something like that nor would they go to great lengths to protect someone that was lying. It's a patrol deputy here, not some high ranking official. No tin foil hats needed. More details will surface I bet that answers some questions.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum