Texas Fishing Forum

Mega Millions

Posted By: TR176

Mega Millions - 10/17/18 06:06 PM

The lottery is now at $900 million and by the next drawing could be $1 billion. Cash value will between $500 and $600 million. Odds of winning are 1 in 302 million.

Get One! Dont be left out.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 06:10 PM

Can't win if you don't play! cheer
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 06:14 PM

Statistically, youre more likely to be eaten whole by a great white shark. Not bitten...eaten whole. And some people have never even seen an ocean.

Thank you
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 06:19 PM

Some idiot always wins. Why not this one?
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 06:20 PM

The pot odds are actually about right. 600 million/ 302 Million, right about 2 bucks. Statistically it's actually worth it to buy a ticket. (Where this logic falls apart a bit is that there can be more than one winner). In any case, from a purely mathematical point of view, this is about as close to "making sense" as you'll see in playing the lottery.
Posted By: BigLeslie

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 06:22 PM

I hit 3 out of six digits last night, my retirement plan is working. Woot.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 06:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
The pot odds are actually about right. 600 million/ 302 Million, right about 2 bucks. Statistically it's actually worth it to buy a ticket. (Where this logic falls apart a bit is that there can be more than one winner). In any case, from a purely mathematical point of view, this is about as close to "making sense" as you'll see in playing the lottery.

I guess the odds are determined by the finite number of combination available. Since most people by generated numbers and if they sell 600 million tickets the odds are the same number being generated twice would double and the wild card is that someone could actually select the numbers. I think I read that the largest pot ever was 1.6 Billion.

Everything aforementioned above is pure goobledegook.
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 07:32 PM

If you buy a lottery ticket you have a chance of winning.
If you don't you have no chance
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 07:50 PM

Is this the official mega millions thread? Or is curts the official?
Posted By: Curt0407

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 08:25 PM

I was there first. roflmao

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:05 PM

This one is because the numbers and odds were included the original is just a lazy attempt at PC. laugh
Posted By: RedRaider3933

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:25 PM

Me and some buddies bought $280 worth of tickets last night. Won $12. Let it ride!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:30 PM

Just bought 15 lines.. Cashed a little on the last drawing, had the Power ball and 2 numbers. woot
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:31 PM

I would keep 40 million, and give the rest away. I'll have the greatest prize pack giveaway ever. It'll be huge.
Posted By: soggybottom

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:35 PM

If I win I an going to start a PAC called RickS for HIllary.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:37 PM

One of my golfing buddies, he's from Joisy, say once the number reaches a certain point the mafia has a program they use and win it. I would think 900 million would be that number. I spent $2, if I win I hope that don't find out. scared

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:40 PM

Originally Posted By: RickS.
I would keep 40 million, and give the rest away. I'll have the greatest prize pack giveaway ever. It'll be huge.

I like you Rick, do you like me ? smile
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:49 PM

Dont forget who taught happy Gilmore everything he knows about the landscape industry.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:53 PM

I've played the last 2 Mega drawings. Spent $4 combined and have gotten a total of 0 numbers.
Posted By: MrRoachie

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 09:59 PM

That is a good number.

I could buy that boat with quad seven marines.
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 10:48 PM

Not me. I'm pretty positive I could screw up enough to lose 40 million. It would be much more challenging to try blowing the full amount.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 11:04 PM

When is the drawing and how do you play?
Posted By: lanman71

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Friday

Take $2 and throw it away, then scribble some numbers and letters on a napkin. Fantasize about spending the money for a few hours. Check your napkin against winning numbers after the drawing. Throw napkin away.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Mega Millions - 10/17/18 11:34 PM

I've always wondered how much it would cost to get every # combination possible

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 12:01 AM

Originally Posted By: bradnitro175
I've always wondered how much it would cost to get every # combination possible

Technically its possible for $302,000,000.00. The risk you run is that they issue the winning number one or more times or somebody randomly selects the winning numbers. Since the numbers are bought with tax paid dollars and the winnings are in taxable dollars, it doesnt seem as a good plan.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 12:28 AM

Originally Posted By: lanman71

Friday

Take $2 and throw it away, then scribble some numbers and letters on a napkin. Fantasize about spending the money for a few hours. Check your napkin against winning numbers after the drawing. Throw napkin away.

Sounds fun. I see what all the excitement is about.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 12:38 AM

Friday. Drop $2 on the counter, tell them you want a quick pick and that way if you lose you blame it on whoever sold you the ticket. Here's a tip, check the date on the ticket. Some unscrupulous people will sell you THEIR losing ticket from the last drawing. Yeah they're out there. thumb
Posted By: Bassbayou

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 02:48 AM

Got 3 quick picks yesterday. Cost $15
Won $10
Considering overall gambling.....boats, lottery, Church cake walks....
Im down a few hundred.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 01:04 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
One of my golfing buddies, he's from Joisy, say once the number reaches a certain point the mafia has a program they use and win it. I would think 900 million would be that number. I spent $2, if I win I hope that don't find out. scared

there is a group from Australia that can win it, like that
but
they play lotto
not any game with a bonus ball
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: lanman71

Friday

Sounds fun. I see what all the excitement is about.

This is exactly it. Once or twice a year I actually think it's a good value for 2 bucks. I can day dream about what I'd do with the winnings for a few hours. Much cheaper than most other forms of entertainment.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 01:20 PM

It is now mega billions.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Brent S
It is now mega billions.

Getting close it is now $970 million. The other one is only $440 million. Meh, pocket change.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Sawhorse
Statistically, youre more likely to be eaten whole by a great white shark. Not bitten...eaten whole. And some people have never even seen an ocean.

Thank you

Let us know when you are planning a trip to the ocean so I can put $2 on the shark. In the meantime, I will put $2 into the lottery.
Posted By: DedShort

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 08:19 PM

small price to pay for me to daydream for a few days about the ranch I would buy and the way I would quit my day job. heck, with that jackpot we could start buying the good bologna.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 08:40 PM

Got the office pool started up today. Big bucks no whammies! woot
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 08:49 PM

Just bought 6 tickets from 6 different stores owned by 6 different nationalities. Got to be some luck in those selections somehow.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 09:05 PM

Are they all for this Friday or last Friday ?

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 09:31 PM

Originally Posted By: PowerLizard

Thank you

Let us know when you are planning a trip to the ocean so I can put $2 on the shark. In the meantime, I will put $2 into the lottery.

I high rolled and bought the $3 tickets.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: TR176
Originally Posted By: PowerLizard

Thank you

I high rolled and bought the $3 tickets.

Good call! PL needs to improve reading comprehension skills. I said youre more likely - not Im more likely. To switch from betting on the lottery, to betting that a great white shark eats him (PowerLizard) whole, simply because I go to the ocean is illogical.

Note: If hell up his shark eating him whole bet up to $10,000, I will take his bet and head to the ocean come daylight tomorrow.
Posted By: TroyKing

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 10:32 PM

Originally Posted By: grandpa75672
If you buy a lottery ticket you have a chance of winning.
If you don't you have no chance

Absolute logic right there! soldier
Posted By: rj74955

Re: Mega Millions - 10/18/18 11:53 PM

Originally Posted By: spacejunkie
Just bought 6 tickets from 6 different stores owned by 6 different nationalities. Got to be some luck in those selections somehow.

Hells bells, never thought of the nationality thing. bolt
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Mega Millions - 10/19/18 12:02 PM

The lottery is now at $900 million and by the next drawing could be $1 billion. Cash value will between $500 and $600 million. Odds of winning are 1 in 302 million.

Morbid curiosity got the better of me, so I ran a couple of income tax calculators.

After estimated income taxes, the cash value payout would be about $450 million. Yeah, I think I could find a way to be happy on that kind of money.

Step #1 is that nobody would ever know that I won it - that would ensure happiness by deterring the parasites who would otherwise come out of the woodwork.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/19/18 01:23 PM

I would consider visiting the TFF Home Office to see if theres a sponsorship level that would ensure one particular person could never post here again.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/19/18 01:29 PM

I would consider visiting the TFF Home Office to see if theres a sponsorship level that would ensure one particular person could never post here again.

I can't be stopped peep

Re: Mega Millions - 10/19/18 01:33 PM

I can't be stopped peep

You I would put on salary to ensure you keep posting!

Re: Mega Millions - 10/19/18 01:50 PM

Originally Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Morbid curiosity got the better of me, so I ran a couple of income tax calculators.

After estimated income taxes, the cash value payout would be about $450 million. Yeah, I think I could find a way to be happy on that kind of money.

Step #1 is that nobody would ever know that I won it - that would ensure happiness by deterring the parasites who would otherwise come out of the woodwork.

Good luck with that. All those new cars and houses your kids get would let the cat outta the bag. You could move to Beverly Hills though and nobody would care. Just imagine living next door to Kanye West.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Mega Millions - 10/19/18 02:39 PM

Good luck with that. All those new cars and houses your kids get would let the cat outta the bag. You could move to Beverly Hills though and nobody would care. Just imagine living next door to Kanye West.

Nah. All the new stuff will be attributed to my law & real estate businesses. And if I ever have kids, I ain't telling them about no lottery winnings. They might decide that I'm worth more dead than alive!!

Re: Mega Millions - 10/19/18 02:51 PM

Nah. All the new stuff will be attributed to my law & real estate businesses. And if I ever have kids, I ain't telling them about no lottery winnings. They might decide that I'm worth more dead than alive!!

Ha, there's a joke about that.
A young man was courting a knocked out girl and was trying to get her to marry him by telling her that his father was a multi millionaire and was very ill. His mother had passed a few years back and he was a only child. Couple weeks later that girl became his step mother.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/19/18 08:23 PM

Its official the pot has hit 1 BILLION dollars.

Re: Mega Millions - 10/19/18 08:31 PM

I already got my ticket. I was afraid they might run out. If ya'll don't hear from me for a couple of days don't worry, I'm prolly in Costa Rica fishing for blue marlin. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum