Texas Fishing Forum

The Tiger Effect

Posted By: fouzman

The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:07 PM

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2790...medium=referral

Ratings up 69% over last year's PGA Championship.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:12 PM

Nice
Posted By: Trickster

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:13 PM

They had a very large crowd. Very humid up there this time of year.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:21 PM

To my knowledge, I hadnt watched any golf since 2017........ until yesterday. Its very real. The guy is the GOAT.
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:22 PM

Saturday was up 54% over last year and both days were the highest rated PGA Championship since 2009.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:26 PM

Ryder Cup will probably be off the charts this year.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:32 PM

did he win?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:35 PM

Nope, but when he is in the hunt and playing well, folks tune in. I know I did and it was an exciting day of golf.
Posted By: buda13

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:35 PM

Man I was sure rooting for Tiger to win... had me glued to the tv!
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:37 PM

most exciting golf I've seen a long time.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:39 PM

Hes only ranked 26th so he must really suck

Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:39 PM

Originally Posted By: RATZ
did he win?

Arguably the best or second best golfer of all time, incredibly rich, still relatively young and healthy....yep he won life.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 07:47 PM

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut
Posted By: TexDawg

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 08:02 PM

It doesn't matter to me whether he is in contention or not, but that crowd at the tournament was gushing tiger love
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 08:10 PM

The the three lead stories on ESPN about the PGA all started with Tiger. Koepka winning was the sub story.

Boom!
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 08:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Notaguide
Even a blind squirrel can find a nut

popcorn peep

Real idiots on elephants + Real tigers = Live action popcorn peep
Posted By: Sawhorse

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 08:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Scagnetti
The the three lead stories on ESPN about the PGA all started with Tiger. Koepka winning was the sub story.

Boom!
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 08:19 PM

Had a grip on me for sure....no question Tiger makes golf a lot of fun to watch lately along with the herd of great young talent coming in to Golf right now.
Posted By: Notaguide

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 08:31 PM

Golf was fun to watch before Tiger and will be after
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 08:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Notaguide
Golf was fun to watch before Tiger and will be after

peep
Posted By: TreeBass

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 08:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Sawhorse

Boom!

roflmao
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:07 PM

Originally Posted By: buda13
Man I was sure rooting for Tiger to win... had me glued to the tv!

Me too, I really enjoyed rooting for him again...
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Bass&More

Every time I see JT on the tee with the big stick, I expect this to happen. Dude swings out of his shoes.
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:22 PM

Originally Posted By: TreeBass

Boom!

roflmao

That is hilarious.
Posted By: RedEar12

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:30 PM

Koepka is one bad man!
Posted By: Westside.

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:37 PM

Originally Posted By: 2 Bee'z

Boom!

roflmao

That is hilarious.

She looks just like my ex daughter in law, minus the tats
Posted By: Pilothawk

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:49 PM

Believe it or not, Tiger did not play by himself yesterday. Theguy with whom he played was invisible on tv.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Pilothawk
Believe it or not, Tiger did not play by himself yesterday. Theguy with whom he played was invisible on tv.

Yeah, I noticed that. They also said that Koepka and Scott played nearly the entire round by themselves.
Posted By: retdbasser

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:54 PM

I noticed that also. Sad, those guys play a great round of golf and the fans only see one. That's why TV is on Tiger, it's what the fans want to see.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: BCBassCat

yep

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 09:57 PM

Woodland was golfs version of Mr. Irrevelant!

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 10:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Pilothawk

Because he wilted under the pressure of playing in front of the crowds following Tiger, as so many players do.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 10:17 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Nope, but when he is in the hunt and playing well, folks tune in. I know I did and it was an exciting day of golf.

You guys think it is at all possible they tune in to see him fail or crash and burn and not win?

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 11:16 PM

Originally Posted By: butch sanders
Originally Posted By: BCBassCat

yep

x2
Posted By: Chris B

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/13/18 11:45 PM

May have been a different tournament if Koepka was playing with Tiger. Enjoyed it though. I believe Tiger will win again at some point.
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Der Vorsteher
Originally Posted By: fouzman

You guys think it is at all possible they tune in to see him fail or crash and burn and not win?
I think you make a valid point kinda like the Cowboys. Some watch hoping they win the other half hoping they fail. I'm not a golfer nor a fan, never owned a set of clubs. But I watched the final round Sunday thinking Tiger was gonna choke, before it was all over I was hoping he would pull it out. He really might not be a better golfer than he was but does seem to be a better person. I too think Tiger will win a other major and will be the GOAT when all is said and done.

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 12:37 AM

Originally Posted By: JayC41

that just shows how worthless those rankings are
Bryson DeChambeau is ahead of him
Posted By: Trunkful

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 01:08 AM

Originally Posted By: 2 Bee'z

Boom!

roflmao

That is hilarious.

cheers
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 01:09 AM

No it just shows how clueless you are
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
Saturday was up 54% over last year and both days were the highest rated PGA Championship since 2009.

100% of the time, I don't watch him.
Posted By: Slefler

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 01:28 AM

I was glad to see them follow Ben Kern around for a little bit.

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 01:40 AM

No it just shows how clueless you are

LOL
whateves dude

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 02:09 AM

Tiger started the year ranked 668. He is now ranked 26.
Posted By: Rob W.

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 02:31 AM

Tiger shot the best final round of his career in a major & still didn't win. Nicklaus is the GOAT! Deal with it people! roflmao roflmao roflmao

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob W.
Tiger shot the best final round of his career in a major & still didn't win. Nicklaus is the GOAT! Deal with it people! roflmao roflmao roflmao

clap
Posted By: patriot07

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 02:41 AM

Nicklaus is the GOAT, easily. But dang was yesterday a fun day of golf!
Posted By: Scagnetti

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 04:47 AM

Hey Jack, find a decent hat that fits and get your teeth cleaned while youre at it

Posted By: rj74955

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 02:05 PM

He's the Mike Tyson of golf, Jack is Ali. Fun to watch but he's never catching Jack.
Posted By: BrandoA

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 02:30 PM

In my opinion Tiger is the greatest. The competition today is so much deeper than it was back then.

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 02:37 PM

Hey Jack, find a decent hat that fits and get your teeth cleaned while youre at it

roflmao
Posted By: soggybottom

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 02:45 PM

tiger at the 1997 masters averaged 24 yrds longer than anyone else in the field hitting an old style ball with a not very sophisticated driver averaging 325 yrds and winning by 12 strokes at -18. The closest was Tom Kite at -6. He would today probably be averaging 340.

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 03:17 PM

Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 03:42 PM

Everyone wants to see Tiger get back on top and watching him get back in the mix is incredible after the last few years of injury and drama. I'm rooting for Tiger every week!
Posted By: DCmac

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 05:07 PM

He's an Idjit and a scumbag.
Posted By: soggybottom

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 05:33 PM

its a little much to call a guy that everyone says is a nice a guy a scumbag because he cheated on his wife as a young millionaire?
You do realize there probably isn't more than a handful of pro athletes that haven't cheated ever.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By: soggybottom
its a little much to call a guy that everyone says is a nice a guy a scumbag because he cheated on his wife as a young millionaire?
You do realize there probably isn't more than a handful of pro athletes that haven't cheated ever.

Yeah check out the skeletons for Dustin Johnson and to a lesser extent John Daly. Tiger made some huge mistakes and pretty much paid for them and I am sure still is but to call him scumbag you would have to say the same for Dustin Johnson...yet no one seems to care about his past.

Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 05:49 PM

I think I see racism...
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 05:53 PM

I agree with your over all statement but Tiger had a little more then a one night stand. His problem really began after his father died he just lost it.

I am glad to see him getting it all back together. I hope he does good, he is good for the game and people watching. I don't think there are many in this day and age that are like Tim Tebow. I did enjoy this weekend and watching Tiger make a run. I would love to see him make a run at Jack but I think he lost to many years to make it all back now.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 05:56 PM

Still doesn't make it ok. And I've heard and read that he hasn't changed that much and still treats people like shar. I am not rooting for him.
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 06:02 PM

Still doesn't make it ok. And I've heard and read that he hasn't changed that much and still treats people like shar. I am not rooting for him.

Do you ever root for Dustin Johnson?
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 06:05 PM

He pretty much saved a kids life during the tourney.

Originally Posted By: CBS Sports
On the 12th tee, a kid -- maybe 14 years old -- literally passed out right as Tiger addressed his ball. An adult tried to pick the kid up and take him out of earshot from where players were teeing off, but Woods smoked a shot and the roar seemed to bring the kid back before anyone could process what had happened, and he ended up being OK.

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 06:11 PM

Two wrongs dont make a right, I agree. Just because a lot of young, rich and famous guys Chet in their wives doesnt mean its ok.

His demeanor has changed slightly, at least during interviews. He talks about his kids a lot now and how theyre old enough to understand what its like when he is on the golf course. He has a long term girlfriend again. Not a celebrity or athlete, but a marketing manager (or something like that). Plus, he lost $750 million in the divorce. No matter how much money you have, thats sobering.

He did scumbag things in the past, they will always follow him and some people (like my wife) will never get past them. But I dont think he is the same person he was before he got caught cheating. Maybe its all BS, but I dont think he is that good
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/14/18 09:35 PM

Tiger is a phenom, plain and simple. My wife will not forgive him for what he did, and she can't stand him. She does occasionally have to watch him play golf if I'm in the room. His past is a little bothersome, but I like watching him because of how good he was and how good he will become again. He won't get it all back, but you folks are in store for a fun Tiger run for the next couple of years. And I truly believe he will get to the 18 or better mark for majors before he turns 50, as long as his back holds up.

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/15/18 12:31 AM

I don't hate Tiger & don't care what he did off the course. I just know Jack is the GOAT. Funny thing is I never rooted for Jack when I was a kid. I always rooted for Tom Watson.

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/15/18 12:40 AM

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/15/18 03:57 AM

Hey Jack, that smile says it all. Lucky you didnt play in my era because you know you couldnt hold my jock. Im the GOAT pops..... step aside........ Nicklaus himself conceded it he plays a game with which Im not familiar ....... translation....... GOAT
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/15/18 02:19 PM

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_career_achievements_by_Tiger_Woods

Re: The Tiger Effect - 08/15/18 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank

Hey Jack, that smile says it all. Lucky you didnt play in my era because you know you couldnt hold my jock. Im the GOAT pops..... step aside........ Nicklaus himself conceded it he plays a game with which Im not familiar ....... translation....... GOAT

Get it right. That was Bobby Joness take on Jacks game.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum