Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 07/31/18 11:10 PM

They are online.

Should they be?
Posted By: BCBassCat

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 07/31/18 11:13 PM

This is a conundrum.
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 07/31/18 11:34 PM

If I was a public figure with a lot of enemies. Out. Ask RFK.... before the country invented a metal detector.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 07/31/18 11:38 PM

This is nothing new.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 07/31/18 11:41 PM

Posted By: 1ShotNoKills

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 07/31/18 11:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW
This is nothing new.

Decade old news

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 07/31/18 11:45 PM

What caliber is it? Fugly.
Posted By: TR176

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 12:06 AM

If one was to look at the psi on common Calibres available, shooting from a plastic gun seems like a bad idea in general.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 12:21 AM

Originally Posted By: 1ShotNoKills
Originally Posted By: Bigbob_FTW
This is nothing new.

Decade old news

Bull.

There were no Doritos 3D nachos until recently
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 12:25 AM

it is ok as long as they don't make them black.
Posted By: Donpilot

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 01:55 AM

Cost of printer, computer,and royalties just buy a cheapie on the street corner. Metal detector will still show the ammo.i would't want to fire a bullitt in a plastic chamber or barrel.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 02:10 AM

Still gotta buy the ammo.I remember using Ducktape and a bb gun as a kid.Maybe it will work in favor for some darwin awards

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 02:16 AM

Lot's of gun control folks about.
Posted By: blooper961

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 02:18 AM

Remember the movie In The Line of Fire.
John Malcovich almost kills the president after making a gun out of wood and plastic so it would get past security.
Posted By: Gusick

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 02:47 AM

I wouldn't want to shoot that. It's junk.
Posted By: 9094

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 03:06 AM

You forgot The Who cares block.
This is just a talking point for the heads and politics.
By the time you buy the printer, get it programmed and build the gun you could by 5 or 6 good pistols.
The talking heads keep saying it can get past detectors. But it still needs steel or brass a.m.,o to be a working gun.
Posted By: RayBob

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 03:14 AM

https://ghostgunner.net/

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 03:14 AM

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 03:48 AM

here's the guy's bio: https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-cody-wilson-ghost-gunner-ar-15/
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 04:17 AM

Originally Posted By: Gusick
I wouldn't want to shoot that. It's junk.
Posted By: sdavis24

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 06:04 AM

Originally Posted By: 9094
You forgot The Who cares block.
This is just a talking point for the heads and politics.
By the time you buy the printer, get it programmed and build the gun you could by 5 or 6 good pistols.
The talking heads keep saying it can get past detectors. But it still needs steel or brass a.m.,o to be a working gun.
+1 not to mention all the cheap other options to make a weapon.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 10:38 AM

https://www.traditionsfirearms.com/category/Pistol-kit
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 11:06 AM

Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 11:09 AM

And a libtard judge put the breaks on it last night.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By: tmd11111

What law is the judge enforcing?

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 11:19 AM

Will "Wiki - How to Make Your Own Gun" be banned?

Wiki How to Make your Own Gun
Posted By: steveiam

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 11:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Donpilot
Cost of printer, computer,and royalties just buy a cheapie on the street corner. Metal detector will still show the ammo.i would't want to fire a bullitt in a plastic chamber or barrel.

Im going with this ^^^^^^
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 11:59 AM

So we have an anti government activist running a non profit and selling these printers as fast as they can build them. Maybe it's because it's 30 miles from my home, maybe it's because of my profession but personally this doesn't sit well with me.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 12:06 PM

Much ado about nothing. There are gun kits you can buy, or you can make your own with wood and steel. This is a headline non issue.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 12:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Davis
Much ado about nothing. There are gun kits you can buy, or you can make your own with wood and steel. This is a headline non issue.

We have a Winner.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 12:17 PM

Damn, my plans for a clone army to take over the universe have been foiled again
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 12:34 PM

This is just one of those things we really dont need to do IMO, there is already a lot of access to firearms and it seems the cons far outweigh the pros on this one. I am pro 2nd, i just dont see the need to print your own gun and feel like its something that would be taken more advantage of by people with nefarious intentions.
Posted By: leethefishking

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 01:06 PM

I also find it ironic that an anarchist has received the protection of a non profit and has utilized the court system to plead his case.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 01:10 PM

Originally Posted By: leethefishking
I also find it ironic that an anarchist has received the protection of a non profit and has utilized the court system to plead his case.

The anarchist in the court system... I get the irony. Thats a good one.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 01:15 PM

Under what law is he blocking it?
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: John175
Under what law is he blocking it?

Uncle Zeek might know....he is studying for the bar exam.
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 02:04 PM

Aside from the ammo, guns need metal, at least any gun that is going to be fired more than 1 time does. Whether it is the barrel or the the hammer spring, there is going to be metal in it to set off a metal detector. That argument is complete BS. Sure you can print an AR lower out of plastic that is technically a firearm, but it is useless without the metal parts that go with it. People made the same stupid arguments about polymer pistols when they started being introduced.

It is political BS.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 02:11 PM

Someone printed a 3d gun in the new Lost in Space docuseries on Netflix. Did you see where that got them?
Posted By: Derek 🐝

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 02:23 PM

Originally Posted By: swalker9513
Someone printed a 3d gun in the new Lost in Space docuseries on Netflix. Did you see where that got them?

I didn't.
Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: RayBob

Very good read.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 04:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Derek 🐝
Originally Posted By: swalker9513

I didn't.

Either did I...so where did it get them?

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 04:11 PM

Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 04:13 PM

The robot hacks the printer and prints a gun for Will Robbins, who hides it under his mattress. It's illegal to print guns. We find this out because the dad tries to print one and it is denied. you are led to believe that the untrustworthy Dr. Smith may be the culprit, but I've really said too much.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Arkansas10 bass

Very good read.

They didn't research very well. You can finish an 80% lower with a drill press. A router helps, but it can be done with a drill press. Milling machine is definitely not necessary. The polymer80 glock frames are even easier. There is a guy on youtube finishing one on his tailgate with hand tools.

"The Gun Control Act of 1968 and associated legislation restrict the buying and selling of weapons. This still leaves the possibility of legally making your own weapon. That doesnt just mean crude zip-guns made from basement parts: It turns out that its easy to buy most of an assault-style riflethe upper receiver, barrel, and stockprefabricated. The tricky bit is the lower receiver, which is where the most complicated mechanisms of such a firearm reside. A cottage industry supplies blocks of metal that are 80 percent finished lower receivers. Its up to the aspiring DIY gunmaker to machine mill the final 20 percent of the piece so that it can accommodate the functional guts of an automatic rifle, including the trigger mechanism.

This requires high-end technical equipment and specialized skills. The typical method of finishing a lower receiver involves a shop-grade computer numerical controlled (or CNC) milling machine capable of precisely cutting aluminum. "
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 04:25 PM

I could see printing a lower receiver for an AR type rifle, or a Glock type frame (maybe even a 1911?). But the single shot 3-d printed "firearms" don't look like something that I'd want to risk shooting, as I have visions of the thing blowing up in the users hand.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 04:30 PM

Originally Posted By: adam_p

Very good read.

They didn't research very well. You can finish an 80% lower with a drill press. A router helps, but it can be done with a drill press. Milling machine is definitely not necessary. The polymer80 glock frames are even easier. There is a guy on youtube finishing one on his tailgate with hand tools.

"The Gun Control Act of 1968 and associated legislation restrict the buying and selling of weapons. This still leaves the possibility of legally making your own weapon. That doesnt just mean crude zip-guns made from basement parts: It turns out that its easy to buy most of an assault-style riflethe upper receiver, barrel, and stockprefabricated. The tricky bit is the lower receiver, which is where the most complicated mechanisms of such a firearm reside. A cottage industry supplies blocks of metal that are 80 percent finished lower receivers. Its up to the aspiring DIY gunmaker to machine mill the final 20 percent of the piece so that it can accommodate the functional guts of an automatic rifle, including the trigger mechanism.

This requires high-end technical equipment and specialized skills. The typical method of finishing a lower receiver involves a shop-grade computer numerical controlled (or CNC) milling machine capable of precisely cutting aluminum. "

^^^That's why I was wondering what law the judge used to block it.

I can buy a kit gun on-line. Making your own gun is a non-issue.

Good guys don't need to and bad guys can get a gun with far less effort.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 10:25 PM

Very good read.

^^^That's why I was wondering what law the judge used to block it.

I can buy a kit gun on-line. Making your own gun is a non-issue.

Good guys don't need to and bad guys can get a gun with far less effort.

Even being a muzzle loader that would better than "the liberator" that they have suddenly become so enamored with.

BTW, the feds tried 3d printing a gun. It blew up, just like they all do.
Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 10:30 PM

Very good read.

For sake of argument.... any decent mill and lathe - completly manual operated can be used to make a firearm. And there a books and forums full of info how to do it. its still very hard,and yes requires skills. several skills. and money. lots of money lol.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 10:45 PM

I've built 3 silencers now. I don't own a lathe, but I have access to one.

Posted By: timbertoes

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/01/18 11:48 PM

banana

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 08:12 PM

grin

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 08:52 PM

I just use the copy function on my printer. Not as pristine as the original but goes bang when the trigger is pulled.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 08:54 PM

I just use the copy function on my printer. Not as pristine as the original but goes bang when the trigger is pulled.

Dang. Wish I would have thought of that. grin
Posted By: TexasBlonde

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 09:51 PM

Can you imagine thousands of felons or disturbed minors (who may want to shoot up their old school) printing out their own guns?
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 10:02 PM

Originally Posted By: TexasBlonde
Can you imagine thousands of felons or disturbed minors (who may want to shoot up their old school) printing out their own guns?

I can imagine them without fingers and hands when the "gun" blows up on em.
Posted By: pchapin

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 10:02 PM

Much easier to build a zip gun if you have criminal intent. Not much point in creating a paper/electronic trail.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 10:42 PM

No.

Why?

Because these guns are single shots. Put one bullet in, fire, reload, if the gun is still together and you still have a hand. The feds 3d printed a gun with these plans, it blew up on the first shot as most of them do.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 10:49 PM

this is much much cheaper to do.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by adam_p

Oh no, we will have to ban pipe, steel, nuts and bolts too!
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 11:09 PM

Can I imagine felons or disturbed minors breaking the law and murdering someone? Yes, quite easily. Spending a ton of money on a 3D printer and printing a plastic single shot gun that isnt reliable or safe is not going to be an issue with those two groups.

They will buy one off the streets, or steal one. Theyre not going to print a gun. Regardless, how other people use technology should not infringe on the ability of others to use technology.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/02/18 11:23 PM

If a thug has the skills to print a gun he'd be employed and not need to print a gun.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/03/18 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Bob Davis
Originally Posted by adam_p

Oh no, we will have to ban pipe, steel, nuts and bolts too!

Exactly. It is a big joke.

Serbu firearms saw what this kid was doing and got with him to build a budget 50bmg based off of what he was doing.

Let's ban imagination.
Posted By: crankn101

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/03/18 04:52 AM

Bunch of guys on here that are afraid of freedoms and personal responsibility.

Who would of thunk?
Posted By: Bee'z

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/03/18 05:27 AM

I guess we should not bring up the NFA and how worthless that is popcorn
Posted By: tmd11111

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/06/18 10:35 AM

Originally Posted By: 2 Bee'z

All their good for is collecting $200 each time I collect another stamp. So far I have 5 and counting.

Re: Blueprints for printing 3D guns... - 08/06/18 01:13 PM

Originally Posted By: 2 Bee'z

All their good for is collecting $200 each time I collect another stamp. So far I have 5 and counting.

I would hate the tax less if they streamlined the process. It is stupid how long it takes. Everything short of full auto and destructive devices should just take a NICS check. Silencers should be over the counter.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum