Texas Fishing Forum

Unsolicited roofing calls

Posted By: Notaguide

Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 05:49 PM

I don’t know how these people got my number but I’m getting 3 calls a day from people that tell me they are with either an insurance company or roofing company. So annoying.
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 05:50 PM

The entire industry is made of of scammers.

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 05:51 PM

I’ve just been reporting them through the call protect app. Don’t know what else to do.
Posted By: bassfishinglawyer

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:12 PM

I just tell them all to come out and look at my roof. I might get 2 - 3 there at the same time and get a good competitive bidding war going (although I have standing seam metal and I assume no one ever finds any issues - in fact I think they look from the street and drive on).
Posted By: Ghost4BH

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:17 PM

My insurance agent is a long time friend. He has a roofer he works with. I’ve used that roofer 2 times, once on the old house and our current house. He does good work, has done tons of work with my insurance company/agent and is trustworthy.

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:19 PM

I just had a new roof put on and didn’t even get any hail though
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Notaguide
I don’t know how these people got my number but I’m getting 3 calls a day from people that tell me they are with either an insurance company or roofing company. So annoying.

But don't you want a free estimate? How old is your home? Do you still have to paint the eaves and overhangs? Have you ever considered vinyl siding. I'd like to have a representative stop by and take some measurements, maybe show you some pictures of homes we've done in your area and give you a free estimate and right now we are running a 20% factory discount .... there's no obligation to buy. When will you and your wife be home tomorrow?

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:24 PM

Stop calling me Huckleberry
Posted By: Huckleberry

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:28 PM

Stop calling me Huckleberry

So 6:30 is a good time?
Posted By: Texasredneck70

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:42 PM

I received them for my Ex wife for her new house. I set her up and appointment with everyone who calls me. She does not talk to me for some reason.

Barry
Posted By: dkershen

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:43 PM

Spring before last when we had egg sized hail the roofers came out of the wood work. I work from home and had to put a large sign on the door that said "No Soliciting. ESPECIALLY Roofers!!" otherwise I couldn't get any meetings done.

Some still had the gall to bang on the door. One told me he had an exclusive contract with the manufacturer of my metal roof, and that no other roofer in Texas could legally repair it. That guy was such a jerk he almost got punched in the neck. splat
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen
Spring before last when we had egg sized hail the roofers came out of the wood work. I work from home and had to put a large sign on the door that said "No Soliciting. ESPECIALLY Roofers!!" otherwise I couldn't get any meetings done.

Some still had the gall to bang on the door. One told me he had an exclusive contract with the manufacturer of my metal roof, and that no other roofer in Texas could legally repair it. That guy was such a jerk he almost got punched in the neck. splat

Billy Ellis?

i always have them come out
Posted By: JRGOCARDS

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 06:59 PM

We got the hail a couple nights ago. Next day we had a half dozen roofers come by. Yesterday the phone was ringing off the hook - almost all of them from what I would consider blue collar towns (according to caller id). Just didn't answer.

JR
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 07:02 PM

Cell phone?

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 07:06 PM

Yes
Posted By: metalman BDB

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 07:11 PM

Originally Posted By: dkershen

I've had many of my old customers tell me that so and so roofer expert said the metal roof on their home is no longer made or just what you said...they are the authorized repair company certified by the manufacturer. All lies of course. Like mentioned above when the storm chasers see a metal roof most drive on by but slick salesman will try to get a foot in the door....metal roofs pay ALOT more money than shingles. Then when the owner buys their line of lies he will go find a sub contractor to do the work.
Posted By: Uncle Zeek

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 08:09 PM

grin

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbt.....#Post12516825

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 08:15 PM

I’m gonna be making some conditional threats if this keeps up. This is happening on my cell which is on the do not call list.
Posted By: Canino

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 08:35 PM

Several years ago after a storm came through I found a piece of a shingle in my driveway that had a rubber band around it with a roofer's business card. I thought it was just trash that had ended up there somehow and threw it away.

A few days later I found another, and a few days later another. This jackhole was driving through neighborhoods throwing his scraps on peoples' property as a way to advertise.

I called him and told him to cut it out and his answer was that he had to make a living. I told him he could knock on my door any time of the day or night and I'd be glad to discuss it with him in person.
Posted By: uncle_bagster

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 09:08 PM

Next time a roofer calls, I'm going to say I have a neighbor who thinks everyone is spying on his wife. The last time someone got on my roof, he threatened to whip their azz.
Posted By: DI

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 09:11 PM

Are any of them collect calls from prison?
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 09:25 PM

The whole process of getting a new roof is one of the most loathsome tasks I have ever experienced. I'd rather pull out a tooth with vise grips than to have to go through it again. I got a 30 year roof and pray I die before I have to go through it. I could write a novel on my experience. God be with you on your quest.
Posted By: 04champ

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 09:26 PM

why are you answering numbers you don't recognize
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/08/18 10:48 PM

When answering the phone or door, I always tell whomever that my brother-in-law is a roofer, or a pest control guy, or owns a lawn service, or is a painter. I do it so often, my wife has started doing it too.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 10:17 AM

Originally Posted By: PowerLizard
When answering the phone or door, I always tell whomever that my brother-in-law is a roofer, or a pest control guy, or owns a lawn service, or is a painter. I do it so often, my wife has started doing it too.

I need to do that.
Posted By: Bigbob_FTW

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 11:40 AM

Originally Posted By: 04champ

This

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 01:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Davis
The whole process of getting a new roof is one of the most loathsome tasks I have ever experienced. I'd rather pull out a tooth with vise grips than to have to go through it again. I got a 30 year roof and pray I die before I have to go through it. I could write a novel on my experience. God be with you on your quest.

you have to hire the right people
it is still a process though

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 01:30 PM

i always just answer the phone
never understood screening calls
Posted By: Dognot

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 01:38 PM

Originally Posted By: butch sanders

I always answer calls, Phone is a company phone and I have a lot of people calling me that have got my number from one-call tickets.

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 01:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Dognot

I always answer calls, Phone is a company phone and I have a lot of people calling me that have got my number from one-call tickets.

yep
you never know what good fortune awaits you on each call
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 02:28 PM

Worse than buying a new fridge?
Posted By: outfishdya

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: PowerLizard

What else does he do?
could you have your brother in law call me, my home inspector said I need all this stuff and more
Posted By: Bob Davis

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 02:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Worse than buying a new fridge?

Tons worse. roflmao Would you believe we still don't have a new fridge? Why is it that no matter what I need to replace, they don't make it anymore, they changed the size, or changed the functions. Craziness.
Posted By: Ledeez

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 03:25 PM

Tell them you will give them a bad review on google! That will be the last call you get from them thumb
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 03:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Dognot

yep
you never know what good fortune awaits you on each call

That's a business phone so answer every call. My personal phone I don't answer if your not in my address book and block you if you call and don't leave a message.

My phone, my rules. If I don't know you then most likely we won't need to be wasting each other's time.

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 03:54 PM

I still have previous customers that call me for advice even though I’m out of the business now. That’s why I answer phone calls. My call protect app seems to do a good enough job identifying the rest.
Posted By: Westside.

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 04:01 PM

Originally Posted By: DI
Are any of them collect calls from prison?

Well played sir roflmao
Posted By: 2014NITROZ-7

Re: Unsolicited roofing calls - 06/09/18 08:15 PM

If it's not a robo call and a person take the number and call them at 3:00 am to tell them your roof is fine.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum