Texas Fishing Forum

DIPPING AND CHEWING

Posted By: hamlet5

DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 10:09 AM

Do you dip or chew tobacco?

Does your wife let you chew/dip at home?

Does she let you chew/dip in the house? Spit cup or can used of course.
Posted By: RedRanger

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 10:11 AM

Let?

Are you a child
Posted By: Pinkus

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 10:18 AM

Used to dip. Wife didn’t say anything about dipping in house as long as I had a bottle to spit in, she would have lost her mind with a cup or fan tho.. I quit dipping and started vaping, now I can vape in house tho since our daughter was born..
Posted By: hamlet5

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 10:37 AM

hahahaha....shut up
Posted By: HasBen

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 10:40 AM

I never did, but my dad dipped Skoal up until right before he died of throat cancer. I say do it, just understand the consequences.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 10:41 AM

Originally Posted By: RedRanger
Let?

Are you a child

This
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 10:53 AM

I dip Copenhagen snuff.
Yes I do it in the house.
Yes I use a bottle usually.
Posted By: RATZ

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 11:37 AM

tried it a few times, but I couldn't take the smell. Also didn't help that the first time I dipped at 16 I got super drunk and about 30min later noticed I had nothing left to spit. I got so sick.
Posted By: Blueflake

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 12:17 PM

Dipped Copenhagen for about 40 years before I gave it up. Never spit. Swallowed it. I had a dip 95% of the time almost never spit all of it out, just added to it.
Posted By: WAWI

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 01:03 PM

Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
Let?

Are you a child

This

^^^^^^^
Posted By: Big Hopper

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 01:05 PM

I used to chew leaf tobacco. Red Man was my favorite, but any would do in a pinch. Usually while sitting on the riding mower, and while fishing. At first, I used it while fishing because I said that it enabled me to drink less beer if I was chewing. Long time ago.

My boss was from Kentucky, and his father used to grow tobacco when he was young. Pretty interesting how it is grown and harvested. He said that Grandpa used to wander through the drying barn and find himself a few choice leaves, and twist them into a knot and hang them up to dry. Most modern chew is flavored, his was just raw tobacco. My boss began bringing me Warren County Twist, Mammoth Cave, and Old Joe twist from Kentucky. He said Old Joe was the woman's chew because it was flavored. Man that stuff was rough, but I got to where I could chew it. Like snuff, chew gives you a buzz, when you start off. I gradually got to where Red Man didn't effect me much, but the twist would send me for a loop. Finally I got to where even the twist didn't have much effect.

One day I just decided that I would just quit. I never had any residual cravings or anything. I just quit. About a week later, I went to the Dr. for the annual check-up. The nurse was asking me questions about my health and habits. She asked, "Do you use tobacco? I said, "Not anymore." without breaking stride she said, "Best thing you ever did for your life."

So, I listened, and have stayed away. Occasionally I still wish that I had some while mowing the yard. But the sky high price of over $10 for a pouch helps a lot with that feeling.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 01:09 PM

I don't dip or chew. But I do have scene control. The wife knows the best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can't do it
Posted By: tangledup3

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 01:12 PM

Been dipping cope for 35 years. Only occasionally in the house, wife doesn't say anything but I know it's a nasty habit so I usually keep it outside. Also I try not to use it right in front of my 3 boys.
Posted By: Pintail711

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 02:35 PM

I dip grizzly wintergreen longcut and I have never asked for permission. I don’t use spit cups in the house, I usually spit in the sink, toilet or go outside when I need to.
Posted By: Happykamper

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 02:35 PM

Copenhagen for 38 years, quit about 7 years ago, wife had no say in it, she would bitch every now and then, happy I quit, just cold turkey one day.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 02:40 PM

My dad started dipping when he was 13. Quit 20 years ago and now has Barrett's disease from it. It has caused him all kinds of issues. Our hopes are it doesn't lead to cancer like it did with his mom, which ended up killing her.
Posted By: Holzer

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 02:59 PM

That stuff is so gross! sick

It's not allowed in my house, truck, boat, garage or anywhere else that I have control of.
Posted By: fishincontrol

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 03:15 PM

Yep, and if I run out I just bum a dip from the wife.
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 05:07 PM

I tried snuff when I was trying to quit smoking.
I went from a pack and a half of Marlborro reds in the box a day , to pack and a half of Marlborro reds in the box and a can of Cope a day.

been nicotine free since 1997. hardest thing I ever quit.
Posted By: RonL

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 05:24 PM

I tried Redmans chew tobacco back in early teens but couldn’t handle it but i picked up smoking . After i got out of the Army i roustabouted in oil field for a while so had to dip copenhagen when in the field . When i realized i was getting hooked on dipping i gave it up cause i was having gum problems with my teeth . So then i smoked until i turned 50 then had heart attack . Quit smoking 3 months later and never touched tobacco . Right now i have a stent in my heart , wear false teeth and now having blood circulation problems . I owe it all to tobacco . If i could start all over in life i never would have touched tobacco !! How long will i live now ?? Only God knows but I’ll be lucky to see 80 yrs old . I’m 64 now ..... that’s 16 more years , if I’m lucky frown .
Posted By: Coach Hark

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 07:14 PM

Let?

Are you a child
Posted By: Larry M

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 09:33 PM

After 14 years of use I quit cold turkey Christmas Eve 1994 had dipped Cop, chewed Days Work, Beach Nut, Redman, Best thing I ever did. It was much harder to quite smoking but did that 18 years ago with the help of Nicorete Gum.
Posted By: grandpa75672

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/17/18 11:26 PM

Nasty habit.
Causes mouth cancer.
Ruins your teeth
Watching brown spit run down your chin turns my stomach

Other than that its your choice
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/18/18 11:18 AM

Been dipping for 41 years and proud of it. I love a dip....I'm not the hardcore dipper, though. I can easily go two weeks without it. Although, I must have a dip in when fishing, golfing, and baseball. No, I do not dip in the house and I will dip in the car half the time. I only dip about a can a week. I'm a Grizzly Long cut wintergreen kinda guy.......
Posted By: AmpedUp

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/18/18 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: grandpa75672
Nasty habit.
Causes mouth cancer.
Ruins your teeth
Watching brown spit run down your chin turns my stomach

Other than that its your choice

Have seen this happen !! not pretty site to see!!
Posted By: Westside.

Re: DIPPING AND CHEWING - 04/18/18 12:59 PM

I dip red seal longcut when I can't smoke
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum