Texas Fishing Forum

Alamo defenders

Posted By: ForkedJames

Alamo defenders - 02/22/18 03:45 PM

Today in 1836 Rain swelled Leon Creek preventing 1 of Santa Anna's generals from crossing to wipe out Bowie and Crockett's drunken volunteers. Tomorrow 23rd Travis fires the 18 lber in response to Santa Anna's notes of Parlay. 24th Travis pens "Victory or Death" letter to Sam Houston.....3 days in history.
Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Re: Alamo defenders - 02/22/18 03:53 PM

My daughter had homework yesterday to read a non fiction piece (together with a parent), discuss it, and draw something to represent what you read.
Being the good dad and proud Texan I am, we read about the Texas revolution and fight for independence.

Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider

Re: Alamo defenders - 02/22/18 03:56 PM

Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.
My daughter had homework yesterday to read a non fiction piece (together with a parent), discuss it, and draw something to represent what you read.
Being the good dad and proud Texan I am, we read about the Texas revolution and fight for independence.

Great flag!
Posted By: Roller22

Re: Alamo defenders - 02/22/18 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Patriot Guard Rider
Originally Posted By: elcoyote, esq.

Great flag!
and great dad. Thank you for working/reading with your kids.
Posted By: RickS.

Re: Alamo defenders - 02/22/18 05:23 PM

http://www.sonsofdewittcolony.org//sthland1.htm

Some of y'all have seen this before. These are the accounts as written by my ancestor.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum