Texas Fishing Forum

Got first kayak this weekend

Posted By: BriDroid

Got first kayak this weekend - 10/10/17 07:05 PM

I got my first kayak over the weekend and took her out yesterday to fight the wind here in DFW. I got a great deal on this barely used Frontier 12. The guy bought it about a year ago and turns out he doesn't like fishing out of a kayak. Has all Nucanoe accessories on it too (280cm paddle, Blackpac, dashboard, a Pinnacle 360 seat on a low base, a Max 360 seat on a high base, and various mighty mounts and screw balls).

I really like it on the water, it's very stable. I hope to learn more about fishing out of a kayak and hope to see some of you out on the water!

Please excuse my dirty garage smile

Posted By: lconn4

Re: Got first kayak this weekend - 10/10/17 08:40 PM

Nice looking kayak! cheers
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Got first kayak this weekend - 10/10/17 11:12 PM

You got a great stable kayak. Oh and you haven't seen my garage! smile
Posted By: Bug-e

Re: Got first kayak this weekend - 10/11/17 02:07 AM

Congrats!
Posted By: Mrg0117

Re: Got first kayak this weekend - 10/12/17 04:28 PM

Nice Kayak, Congrats! Can you stand up in that one?
Posted By: BriDroid

Re: Got first kayak this weekend - 10/12/17 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Mrg0117
Nice Kayak, Congrats! Can you stand up in that one?

Not yet LOL

I can walk out onto it and back off of it when I get the nose up on the shore. It's extremely stable. I'm just to scared to stand up out in the water yet. I've only had it out once so far. I need to rig out some sort of stand assist strap and then I think I'll have no issue standing.
Posted By: passinthru

Re: Got first kayak this weekend - 10/13/17 08:06 PM

Nice rig!
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Got first kayak this weekend - 10/15/17 02:46 PM

That is one of the most stable kayaks made. It wont be long and you will be doing handstands and jumping jacks out there. Great kayak. Welcome to the sport.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum