Texas Fishing Forum

Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine

Posted By: Todd™

Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/27/17 08:14 PM

September 30th Mariner Sails invites you to try a BUNCH of Kayaks and other paddle and sailing gear! We’ll be at Scott's Landing Marina on Lake Grapevine!!

This is our big one so we’ve also invited our Manufacturer partners like….Hobie, Wilderness Systems, Native Watercraft, FeelFree, Diablo, Viking and more! You’ll get to try the newest offerings for 2018 and you’ll have a chance to rub elbows with some of the most experienced kayakers around so don’t miss out. We’ll have loaner PFDs (bring yours if you have one so you won’t have to share!) but we require you to wear shoes you don’t mind getting wet. Even though You never can tell what’s just below the surface so protective foot gear will be required. We also recommend sunscreen for our Texas Sun.

This Saturday 9/30/17 from 10am-3pm at Scotts Landing Marina (click for map) on lake Grapvine.
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/27/17 08:27 PM

Looking forward to it
Posted By: BriDroid

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/27/17 09:29 PM

I'm looking forward to this too! I'm totally new to kayaks, so I'm a little intimidated, but there are a couple models I want to try out before I pull the trigger later this year (Christmas bonus).

Should be fun!
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/28/17 12:16 AM

What are the times of the demo? I'm thinking about coming out to check out all the new toys. smile
Posted By: C-Frog

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/28/17 01:33 PM

Come on out BriDroid! This is the perfect opportunity to try out all different brands and meet some great people. This is one of the few opportunities that you will have before that Christmas drops to get a feeling for exactly what suits you. Shaun i believe the times are 10-3 at Scotts Landing Marina on Lake Grapevine

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/28/17 02:14 PM

Yeah BriDroid come on out. These are actually a lot of fun and you'll meet some of the nicest guys in the sport that love talking kayaking and fishing. There is no pressure and you can just walk up and down the beach and pick whatever kayak you want to try. Come back in and grab another. If you have any questions the guys are there ready to answer.

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/28/17 02:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Shaun Russell
What are the times of the demo? I'm thinking about coming out to check out all the new toys. smile

10-3. Thanks Shaun! I updated my post to show the times and added a map.
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/28/17 04:11 PM

Do you have a list of the actual kayaks that will be there for demo?

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/28/17 06:16 PM

I don't have a list but please feel free to call the store at 972-241-1498 and ask. Also if there is one you have in mind make sure to ask if they can bring one.

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 09/29/17 12:43 AM

Thanks Cody and Todd. I'm looking forward to visiting with y'all.
Posted By: smileyman

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 10/02/17 01:45 AM

How did the demo days go ? I am bummed I missed it , Does anyone have some feedback on which kayaks they liked and which ones they did not like ?
Thanks in advance !
Posted By: BassFever

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 10/02/17 01:43 PM

I missed it as well realmad Was on call and of course was called in.
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 10/03/17 09:03 PM

It was an awesome demo... I was very impressed with all the new offerings. The new Bonafide Kayaks SS127 was awesome. Paddled straight, super stable, and turns terrific. The new Hobie Compass was a great kayak for under $2K. I loved how light it was. Steve took the compass to Texoma the next day and dropped in his turbo fins and clocked himself at 6mph... very cool.

Re: Demo day this Saturday at Lake Grapevine - 10/05/17 11:40 PM

Aris a Mariner Sails did a great job putting it on. Seeing all the new offerings makes me realize we live in a great period of time to be kayak fishermen.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum