Texas Fishing Forum

Southlake Farmersville - Info Request

Posted By: Cowboy KJ

Southlake Farmersville - Info Request - 09/09/17 10:24 AM

Has anyone been to Southlake in Farmersville recently? I was thinking of going this morning but didn't want to drive all the way out there from McKinney just to find that the ramp was closed or some other reason I couldn't launch my yak and fish the water. I checked the city website but that didn't really have any specific info just general parks and rec stuff.

One other thing I noticed (thanks to Google Maps) was that the entrance to the park that has the boat ramp has a closeable gate--are there park hours and if so, does anyone know them?

Appreciate any insight you can provide as I would love to try some new water. Thanks all and tight lines this weekend!
Posted By: Double K Outdoors

Re: Southlake Farmersville - Info Request - 09/09/17 03:10 PM

I know some friends of mine were out there a like 2 weekends ago and everything was open including the ramp. I do not know if they have hours as I've been there at like 5am and the gates were open.
Posted By: Cowboy KJ

Re: Southlake Farmersville - Info Request - 09/10/17 02:39 PM

Thanks for the info. I will definitely be checking out this lake. Any tips/tricks for a first timer on the water here? And 5 am is plenty early enough for me smile
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Southlake Farmersville - Info Request - 09/13/17 08:42 PM

Lots of lilly pads. Consider that when thinking of your bait choices. Late afternoons get windy. Best fishing I have seen has been early morning.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum