Texas Fishing Forum

SA River Mission Paddling Trail

Posted By: jagg

SA River Mission Paddling Trail - 08/15/17 08:20 PM

Took the new-ish (brand new in May 2017) Nucanoe Frontier 12 on its first real river trip (not just same put in/take out for an hour) yesterday with the wife. We went on the Mission Paddling Trail here in SA from Roosevelt Parkdown to Espada Dam. Two people in the yak made for mor dragging than we would have liked, but over all a great trip and great paddle. We fished quite a bit on the top end, but started moving more on the bottom since it was getting dark. Whole trip took about 9 hours and left them biting. The F12 handled the river like a champ! Here's a few pics.

She caught all the big fish, of course, but she also caught the biggest tilapia I've ever seen! Thanks for looking, yall!
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: SA River Mission Paddling Trail - 08/15/17 08:47 PM

Good stuff.
Posted By: Crankalot

Re: SA River Mission Paddling Trail - 08/15/17 10:45 PM

Great pictures. Thanks for posting! How was the river flow and what lures did you find worked? If you don't mind my asking, that is
Posted By: Jaustin

Re: SA River Mission Paddling Trail - 08/16/17 02:14 AM

Now that looks like fun!
Posted By: jagg

Re: SA River Mission Paddling Trail - 08/16/17 08:24 AM

Thanks for the comments.

Originally Posted By: Crankalot
Great pictures. Thanks for posting! How was the river flow and what lures did you find worked? If you don't mind my asking, that is

The flow was moderate, but enough to get down most of the chutes with no problem and kept the bass where they were supposed to be. We used LFT Baby Shads and some tiny 1" craws. All on 1/16th Kalin jigheads. Bigger hook for crappie jigs. I went thru two bags of the Baby Shads alone. They were biting those tails off no problem! Had me kicking myself that I didn't bring the SK Zeros I usually cut in half for the Ned Rig. Oh well, still worth it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum