Texas Fishing Forum

McCain Rods

Posted By: Struggle

McCain Rods - 07/15/17 12:58 PM

Does anyone use or tried out the Kayak series McCain rods? I need to buy some new rods and I am thinking about giving these a try. I have never used any of the McCain rods but there seems to be decent reviews on the other series. Thanks.
https://www.tackleselect.com/collections/kayak-series
Posted By: Brad R

Re: McCain Rods - 07/15/17 11:09 PM

Struggle, I think I had heard Ty Southerland had some input regarding rods specifically for kayakers, but I had never seen them. I watch his videos on YouTube. He's pretty knowledgeable so if he imparted any ideas that were put in, these should be good rods.

If you get one, give us a report.

I have already posted this, that I have "gone short" with two new rods, one each in spinning and casting forms. Mine are St. Croix, 5'6" Moderate power, fast tip.

In both cases they fish like 6 footers since most (4" of the 6") comes out of the butt end of the rods. The accuracy is off the wall compared to longer rods. I still own 7 footer, love them when I am standing, making really long casts, etc., but when I can get so close to my targets in a kayak, other factors dominate.

Brad
Posted By: BKT

Re: McCain Rods - 07/17/17 12:40 AM

I have one that I won but really haven't used it much.
Posted By: Struggle

Re: McCain Rods - 07/29/17 02:26 PM

Just a heads up, McCain rods is offering 50% off with discount code "30milesout50"
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum