Texas Fishing Forum

Time to go Fishing in Cooler Climes

Posted By: Bill Gary

Time to go Fishing in Cooler Climes - 06/19/17 07:57 PM

It's getting too hot to fish in E. Texas for me. Planning a tour of northern New Mexico state parks. There is excellent fishing and with the annual state park pass it is extremely low cost. Will take my Propel 10 on top of my Jeep towed behind my RV. This will be my third summer circuit of their state parks. If it is okay with our moderators, I will do some postings of the trip. Will leave July 7th and return in early September. Looking forward to the trout/muskie fishing there.
Posted By: JCG57

Re: Time to go Fishing in Cooler Climes - 06/19/17 10:47 PM

I fished the Rio Grande near Taos and the Pecos near Santa Fe a couple years ago - did not catch any trout but the scenery and temp was very nice. What are some of the parks that you fish at?
Posted By: Bill Gary

Re: Time to go Fishing in Cooler Climes - 06/19/17 11:14 PM

Heron Lake, Bluewater for Tiger Muskie, Navaho, Eagles Nest just name a few. They are all state parks and several are for only canoes and kayaks. I usually dry camp. The parks are well maintained usually. The parks that I fish in are all above 6,500'.
Posted By: Struggle

Re: Time to go Fishing in Cooler Climes - 06/19/17 11:47 PM

I would love to follow along on the adventure, please post it.
Posted By: Floon Swenson

Re: Time to go Fishing in Cooler Climes - 06/20/17 02:45 PM

Originally Posted By: Struggle
I would love to follow along on the adventure, please post it.

Same here!
Posted By: hook&kook

Re: Time to go Fishing in Cooler Climes - 06/29/17 05:44 PM

LOTTA FUN! thumb
Posted By: spazm09

Re: Time to go Fishing in Cooler Climes - 06/30/17 05:21 PM

Sounds awesome. Looking forward to the posts and pics. I've only ever fished in red river NM. Caught trout for lunch in a tiny creek that i could step across.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum