38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/17/15 12:26 PM

Though i would share what i witnessed on the lake the other day
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/17/15 01:27 PM

WOW

shocked
Posted By: Hobie_Splash

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/17/15 01:33 PM

At least he was close enough to shore to swim in. You only have about two minutes before hypothermia sets in and you loose it. Also when you go in water that cold your body refuses to breath unless you relax. I know I fell in several times in 50 degree water and the first time I was freaking our because my body refused to exhale. I had to float for a bit and relax before it would. The second time it was much easier since i know what to expect.
Posted By: ProFishermanJones

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/17/15 02:08 PM

He was very well prepared with a proper suit and PFD. Was scary he said he took in some water! Lucky he made it home safe, lost about 500 dollars in tackle and a 300 dollar combo from my understanding!
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/17/15 03:33 PM

Those losses don't add up to that of his life. Great job quick thinking man and glad he was okay. It's nice to see people helping others these days, especially in that situation! Could have ended a lot worse.
Posted By: HERROUTDOORS

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/17/15 08:40 PM

One boat was much closer and did not stop fishing to help, wow.
Posted By: Matty

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/18/15 05:48 PM

Nice to see the power boat guys helping out a yakker. Preciate ya.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/18/15 06:56 PM

How??? That is a super stable yak.
Posted By: Cowtown Kid

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/20/15 04:49 AM

Good Rescue! Glad you could help the guy!

texas
Posted By: Bullet Catcher

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/20/15 05:25 AM

ProFishermanJones, top notch work for assisting a good friend of mine. Rich is an accomplished fisherman north of the border. The common thread up here this time of year is safety gear for winter fishing. Rich wears one of the best dry suits on the market and I'm glad he made it out alive. If you're going to fish cold water temps please spend the extra money to protect yourself from the elements. There's no amount of money thats worth your life so don't ever talk yourself out of getting the proper gear. Or even worse, don't let others talk you out of buying it.
Posted By: ProFishermanJones

Re: 38 degree water Kayak roll over. - 12/22/15 12:48 AM

We are always happy to help out others!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum