Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC

Posted By: Todd™

Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/06/15 09:52 PM

Open Bass tourney for human powered kayaks. Purtis Creek State Park 14225 Farm to Market 316, Eustace, TX 75124.

Tournament entry is $30 with optional $10 big bass. Pays back 100% divided 60/25/15 between 1st/2nd/3rd. 100% big bass pot to big bass winner and a $25 certificate from Papa's Baits for the first person out of the money.

***Registration*** will be at the Kidd Jones C-Store 206 Hwy 175W Eustace Tx. 75124.

Registration is from 5-6am with captains meeting at 6am. You'll then be released to go to the state park with lines in the water at 7am. Fishing is from 7-3. Weigh in information will be given at the captains meeting.

It will be your best 5 bass CPR'd with a 12" minimum. I prefer a hawg trough or equivalent. *Smart phones* or digital cameras can be used. I have a card reader but please bring you camera cords if using a digital camera.

Posted By: J.T.69

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/07/15 05:40 PM

I'm planning on making this one! May have a couple more with me. Really looking forward to meeting some new folks that fish out of Kayaks!! grin
Posted By: yakfishinnate

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/07/15 07:25 PM

If the boss allows I will be there!
Posted By: gutcheck

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/07/15 09:45 PM

Lookin forward to it Todd... thanks again for putting this on... I think June is gonna be a good time to be hitting that lake...
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/08/15 12:51 PM

Fingers crossed, I might make this one! dance2
Posted By: cchoww

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/08/15 01:21 PM

Will be there!
Posted By: robbiebobbie92

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/08/15 04:19 PM

I've marked it on the calendar!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/08/15 08:49 PM

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to it.

I checked last night and they still have campsites available if anybody is interested.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/08/15 09:28 PM

I'm Planning on camping!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/10/15 11:48 PM

Well practicing since I haven't bass fished in about 7 years lol! Caught 1 nice fish this afternoon and had all kinds of fun putting her on the hag trough! Need more practice! Hard to take a pic with everything just right and getting fish released. Had to hold her for a while to get her going! Any suggestions for me? Never fished a tournament, but am looking forward to it!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/11/15 02:12 PM

Nice fish! When it comes to learning things about fishing I say practice, practice, practice grin.

When you do the tournament take several pictures to make sure you get a good one. At the captains meeting I'll explain how to keep track of that. It does take practice and I usually will leave the hook in unless it keeps the mouth from hitting the top of the board. That way you probably won't loose the fish if it flops out. I used to try to strap the fish down but stopped. One it is bad for the fish and second you spend more time doing that than it takes to make sure you get a good one just holding the fish on the board. The faster you get the fish in (which you want to do in a tourney) the feistier they will be. If you catch them out a way and fight them in the are nicer on the board. That place looks good you're fishing. Just keep practicing fish

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/11/15 03:52 PM

Yeah, sadly the pic on the hawg trough would not get you a score as it doesn't show the mouth against the end of the board. That will make you cry at weigh in (do't ask me how I know). crying

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/11/15 09:58 PM

I Kind of figured that Pic wouldn't count! Going to have to work on my picture taking lol! At least it was a nice fish for my first on the hog trough! The lake is one of a couple here in Ennis! No wake lake! breakdance breakdance breakdance grin
Posted By: pontiactech

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/12/15 01:26 AM

JT wet the board before you lay the fish on it really seems to help especially when the weather gets hotter
Posted By: Matt-F

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/12/15 01:49 AM

Keep catching fish like that and you'll only have to worry about 2 things.....where are you going to spend the money, and me following you around the lake.....:)Looking forward to fishing with you!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/12/15 02:17 AM

Thanks! Looking forward to meeting everyone!
Posted By: Jimlakeside

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/12/15 12:11 PM

I made my reservation for a campsite, just my second kayak fishing tournament. I am looking forward to it.

Jim

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/12/15 01:13 PM

You get a spot just for Friday night? Are for the weekend? Wondering what time campsites have to be clean?

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/12/15 01:30 PM

Looking forward to meeting new friends and seeing old. Just a warning for the campers. Be prepared for thieving raccoons.roflmao They have the smartest I've seen.

Originally Posted By: pontiactech
JT wet the board before you lay the fish on it really seems to help especially when the weather gets hotter

^^^This It also protects the mucoprotein coating.

Originally Posted By: J.T.69
You get a spot just for Friday night? Are for the weekend? Wondering what time campsites have to be clean?
check out is 2pm

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/12/15 03:23 PM

Thanks Todd! Do you just pack up early in the morning?

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/12/15 03:49 PM

I usually get a spot but just sleep in my truck so I'm ready to go in the morning. If I tent camp then I get the spot for two days. The registration is only a few minutes from the park so you could get up early and pack up.
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/13/15 12:46 AM

Sleep in truck. Pay your entrance fee and park .

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/13/15 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: atx bassin

Yeah they have overnight fishing. That's actually what some of us did last year. Just slept in the parking lot by the ramp.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/13/15 04:53 PM

I think I may just drive the 40 miles that morning lol!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/13/15 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd™
Originally Posted By: atx bassin

Yeah they have overnight fishing. That's actually what some of us did last year. Just slept in the parking lot by the ramp.

The advantage of having a topper! yawn
Posted By: Fishin4BassOnly

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/14/15 07:39 PM

Are y'all having any luck? Who's winning so far and how is the water?

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/19/15 07:16 PM

So sleeping in your vehicle is as simple as paying the overnight fee and parking in the lot by the boat ramp? If so, it looks like I will be camped out in my Subaru Outback... I probably paid less for it than some of you paid for your yaks banana

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/25/15 07:08 PM

Originally Posted By: yakfishinnate
So sleeping in your vehicle is as simple as paying the overnight fee and parking in the lot by the boat ramp?

I'm not sure what the policy is. Some of us have done it but it might be frowned upon. I checked and they still have some sites available.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/25/15 07:22 PM

You can have X number of vehicles per campsite. At Eisenhower we slept in our cats at the campsites.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/25/15 08:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Jerry Hamon
You can have X number of vehicles per campsite. At Eisenhower we slept in our cats at the campsites.

noidea
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/25/15 11:51 PM

I'm planning on being there

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/26/15 12:34 PM

Got me a spot reserved and work covered I am good to go!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/27/15 05:48 PM

Got me one too!! banana banana banana banana cheers
Going to spend Friday threw the weekend there and get my fishing on! fish
Posted By: Nathan_Fisher

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/27/15 11:08 PM

I got the ok to fish this tournament. I'm excited to finally get out to Purtis Creek. I'm hoping I can follow what a few others are doing and be discrete and sleep in my truck.

Let me know if anyone has any advise on a safe place to park and crash as well. Thanks everyone. See yall there.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/28/15 12:36 PM

Other than the coons everywhere in there is pretty safe lol . left out of the boat ramp are day use areas with lots of parking thru there last year bunch of us just pulled up there and backed in slept for the night .

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/28/15 04:10 PM

So I was looking at some of the other tournaments out there! Does the off limits and date I'm assuming mean you cant fish that date and time up to tournament time? If correct does this tournament have this because I was planning on a three day weekend out of this on Purtis. Friday , Sat. & Sun.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/28/15 05:08 PM

No off limits rule. I'm trying to keep these easy going and actually like to encourage people to come out and stay the weekend. With this wet spring and some parks having to close because of flooding, our state parks can use as much revenue as possible. So lets all go out and have fun fishing that weekend. Me and some friends will be staying Friday-Sunday too.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/28/15 05:23 PM

Cool sounds awesome!
Posted By: cody.sandhoff

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/29/15 01:09 AM

Any suggestions for someone who has never fished in a tournament?

Any pre-reqs or can you just register and show up at the meetings? Sorry just have no idea grew up playing golf and couldn't just show up to play in a handicapped tourney.

Any requirements on Baits/ Lures etc. I know I've seen some posts that are Lure only etc. I would assume only one line in the water at a time. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Any must haves on equip before tournament besides measuring device and camera or phone?

Also if there's a post that anyone know of explaining tournaments/ providing details such as these etc. please pass on the link. Would love to participate in some and really wanting to check out this lake.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/29/15 01:46 AM

Come on! It's my first tournament too! From what I understand you show up at the time specified that morning and register captains meeting and go fish! Meet at a said time and they total your measurements of 5 best over what ever the min. Length is. Fun fun fun! Hopefully it's dry and pretty!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 05/29/15 02:36 PM

If you've never fished a tourney then please come out. I'm running these so people who want to fish a tourney and compete but don't want the hassle of membership, big fees, and a points race can come out and enjoy. No pre-reqs just show up at the registration and that's it.

Artificial baits only and one line in the water at a time. CPR (catch photograph release) your best 5 bass. Minimum length will be 12".

State required safety equipment, hawg trough, and camera/phone.

Each tournament can be different depending on how the director runs it. My tourney is pretty laid back so just plan your day to come out and catch fish. If you have a good day then you'll go home with some spending money. Rules are pretty much what's stated above and on the first post in this thread. After the registration I'll have a short meeting restating the rules, info about weigh in and anything else needed. Then you go fish for the day and meet and said place and time.

Check out the Working mans tournaments. They are run pretty much the same but are free. Good way to learn and you can win some really cool stuff.
Posted By: Pop751

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/02/15 01:45 PM

I have a campsite with water and electricity reserved. Will just sleep in the truck with my handy electric fan. If the God Lord is willing and the creek don't rise I'll be there. I might even be energetic enough to get up early this coming Saturday and spend a day practicing. fish

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/02/15 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Pop751
I have a campsite with water and electricity reserved. Will just sleep in the truck with my handy electric fan. If the God Lord is willing and the creek don't rise I'll be there. I might even be energetic enough to get up early this coming Saturday and spend a day practicing. fish

Awesome! Hope you can make it! God willing we all get to dry out for a bit. Just not as much this time.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/03/15 07:39 PM

I'm ready!!! fish
Posted By: bFROG5

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/05/15 07:45 PM

If you've never fished a tourney then please come out. I'm running these so people who want to fish a tourney and compete but don't want the hassle of membership, big fees, and a points race can come out and enjoy. No pre-reqs just show up at the registration and that's it.

Artificial baits only and one line in the water at a time. CPR (catch photograph release) your best 5 bass. Minimum length will be 12".

Each tournament can be different depending on how the director runs it. My tourney is pretty laid back so just plan your day to come out and catch fish. If you have a good day then you'll go home with some spending money. Rules are pretty much what's stated above and on the first post in this thread. After the registration I'll have a short meeting restating the rules, info about weigh in and anything else needed. Then you go fish for the day and meet and said place and time.

Check out the Working mans tournaments. They are run pretty much the same but are free. Good way to learn and you can win some really cool stuff.

So the person with the most length wins?? as opposed to weight??

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/08/15 02:23 AM

Yep! I'm still trying to get good photos with phone and a camera lol you get 18 +! I hold the phone as high as I can and it's tuff getting it all in! Can you video each fish? Seams like a better way to make sure you get from mouth to tail lol

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/08/15 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: bFROG5

So the person with the most length wins?? as opposed to weight??

Yes we have no way to keep fish alive for a weigh on so we take a pic on the hawg trough and turn in pics at weigh in . Some tournaments are 3 best fish but most are your 5 best fish the person with the most length wins

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/08/15 02:29 AM

Originally Posted By: J.T.69
Yep! I'm still trying to get good photos with phone and a camera lol you get 18 +! I hold the phone as high as I can and it's tuff getting it all in! Can you video each fish? Seams like a better way to make sure you get from mouth to tail lol

J.T. it takes some practice you learn to angle the board some and to double check your pics before turning the fish loose. Try wetting the board before you put the fish on it seems to help calm them down then lean it slightly to the left and towards you that is what works for me but sometimes it just doesn't matter that fish is going to get off before you get your pic and that is where you learn to leave the hook in till after you get your pics lol

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/08/15 02:32 AM

Well I'll be out there but I don't think anymore camping sites are available besides the primitive ones. Still gunna head there Friday and find a place to park and sleep.

If anyone has a place I can park and plug up an extension cord I'll chip in a few $$.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/08/15 02:52 AM

I believe quite a few are camping so you should be able to work something out! It will depend on if my brother in law shows are not. And the Wife is undetermined at the minute lol! If it ends up just me come on. Will see! I was there Saturday and they where full up

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/08/15 02:14 PM

Yep photographs only and most length wins. It can be tough sometimes to get that good photo but that's part of the challenge. Take as many pics of the fish as you need to make sure you get a good one. Like Bryan said keep the hook in if you can or you can use a small rope stringer and put the fish on it until you've gotten that good pic.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/08/15 04:49 PM

thumb
Posted By: Benczar

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/09/15 04:13 AM

Getting pumped!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/09/15 01:30 PM

banana I went by Mariner Sails yesterday and Aris gave me a $50 gift certificate to raffle off to the guys who don't place. Now more chances to go home happy! Just remember you have to be present to win grin

I'm looking forward to a weekend of fishing! I may do some night fishing but not sure if from a kayak or kicking back at the lighted docks. Anybody know where to buy minnows there?
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/09/15 01:35 PM

banana banana banana

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/09/15 05:22 PM

grill fish

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/11/15 02:38 PM

Almost that time! I plan on being there by 9 or so tomorrow for the weekend! woot

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/11/15 02:59 PM

I was going to try to get out there early but probably will be in the afternoon.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/11/15 03:05 PM

Cannot wait for this one. Goon to be getting there around 8-8:30 at night. First time going here.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/11/15 04:39 PM

Nathan I sent you a PM

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/11/15 05:15 PM

Depends on how work goes on what time we will be there should be before 7 pm tho

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/11/15 06:17 PM

I will be driving in real early from Tyler Saturday morning. It's my first tourney, and I'm looking forward to it!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/11/15 06:37 PM

Its going to be a YAK fest! Sounds like they should be a few around Friday night to shoot the [censored] with. grill cheers
Posted By: nativetxn59

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/12/15 12:56 AM

J.T. 69 sent u a pm
Posted By: ipconfig

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/12/15 07:00 PM

Just an FYI iy might get busy out there this weekend. There is a ladies fly fishing club there this weekend too!
Posted By: nativetxn59

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/12/15 09:36 PM

Just returned from Purtis. Went thru Eustace to look for Kidd Jones didnt find it so I googled the address at it is now Kim's Shell. Is that the meeting spot?

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/12/15 11:55 PM

Yes. Sorry it has changed names. It's the Shell gas station with the Subway sandwich shop inside. Next to Exxon.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/14/15 11:16 PM

Thanks Todd another great tournament!!!!!!!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/14/15 11:32 PM

Had a great time and got to meet a lot of really cool guy's! Looking forward to the next one! Hopefully the beginners luck will stay with me for a while lol! The pic. Is my best bass so for and it was awesome to come in my first tournament! 8.2 lb.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 12:40 AM

Had a great turnout with some quality fish caught. Pretty crazy when a 23.75" bass gets beat out of big bass but it did. By a 24.75" bass! We had several 8+ pound bass caught this weekend. Our winner was also a first time kayak tournament fisherman and I think he broke his personal best doing it.

Congratulations to: bow_down

First- J.T.69. Probably see him around more. grin

Second- Guillermo Gonzales. A very close second. clap And big bass! 24.75" flehan

Third- Nathan_fisher. Strong third! thumb

First out "Papa's baits" winner- pelican. Missed it by () that much! violin

Congrats to upchurch_k on winning the Mariner Sails gift certificate. partyon

It was great meeting new kayakers and seeing some of the familiar friendly faces that make this kayak community so great! When you're out there competing its more like your just fishing with friends. Thank you guys for making these easy and fun to host!
Posted By: pelican

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 01:24 AM

Thanks Todd, it was a good tournament, good turn out and some friendly competition.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 02:04 AM

Congrats to all the winners ! Been several first timers win this year in their first tournament . Really good seeing some old friends and meeting some new ones .

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 03:02 AM

I had a great time. Looking forward to the next one now. Great to meet new ppl and feel like you've been fishing together for years.
Posted By: gutcheck

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 03:03 AM

Yes congrats to JT69 that was a helluva stringer for any kayak tourney but even more impressive for your first tourney ever. Also kudos to Guillermo for coming in a close second and catching an absolute donkey in the process. That guy's on fire the last few months.

Thanks again Todd. Very nice turnout. I've had a blast at both tourneys so far even though I've been stinking it up fishing-wise. Amon should be fun next month!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 12:29 PM

Todd I sent you a pm.
Posted By: upchurch_k

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 01:16 PM

Once again awesome tournament Todd, thanks for putting on a really well run event. Big thanks to Aris and Mariner Sails for sponsoring these also, it never hurts to have a Mariner Sails Gift Certificate in your pocket! Now i just need to get over there and spend it!
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 02:35 PM

Congrats guys, sounds like a good time. thumb
Posted By: FishFace.007

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 02:44 PM

As a first timer I can honestly say this was one of the best experiences of my fishing career, even though I got skunked.

Great group of guys. Super helpful to the new guy!

Thanks again Todd for putting this together.

Looking forward to the next one, oh and actually catching some fish!!! smile
Posted By: ETBA

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/15/15 03:53 PM

Congrats to the winners and Angler's that caught fish... even though I had a less than stellar performance, it was fun and great to catch up with friends and make some new ones.
Posted By: Robbie Milam

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/16/15 12:10 AM

I'm coming after you all! My divorce is almost final, like lol!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/16/15 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Robbie Milam
I'm coming after you all! My divorce is almost final, like lol!

slinger
Posted By: Robbie Milam

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/16/15 01:50 AM

grin

Think I forgot how to fish bang

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/16/15 02:03 AM

It comes back rather quickly lol!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/16/15 04:37 AM

grin

It's pretty easy. Cast 300 times, catch a fish, and repeat.

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/16/15 04:37 AM

Here's a few pics I have. Feel free to post your fish caught or any other photos you took.

Not only did they take home the fancy piece of paper but they got $486 for first, $202.50 for second, and $121.50 for third. $25 Papa's Baits gift certificate for first out and $50 Mariner Sails gift certificate raffled off. Special thanks to Papa's Baits and Mariner Sails. Big thanks to the guys and gals that fished!

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/16/15 02:20 PM

grin

Many days I'd settle for a fish every 300 cast, especially if it's the right fish bolt

Re: Bass Tourney 6/13/15-Purtis Creek SP-by MSKFC - 06/17/15 12:10 AM

Originally Posted By: pelican
grin

Many days I'd settle for a fish every 300 cast, especially if it's the right fish bolt

I second that
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum