Texas Fishing Forum

Fish finder placement

Posted By: freonfreak82

Fish finder placement - 03/03/15 08:27 AM

Hey guys, hoping you can help this newbie out. I'm in a hobie pa 14, and trying to decide which side to mount the fish finder on. I see most on the right side. But I just don't know. I'm right handed and sidearm cast. Seems like the right side makes sense but I've also seen in the left. Any logic? Or is it just whatever? I have no preference, just looking for reasons why one works over the other.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Fish finder placement - 03/03/15 10:46 AM

Put it on with a movable mount. Then pick what side you like it on.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Fish finder placement - 03/03/15 12:20 PM

Gear track, then you can use either side easily. Mine is on the right since I'm right-handed and it's easier to push buttons. It's also about even with my ankles, leaving me plenty of room to paddle and cast.
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Fish finder placement - 03/03/15 03:03 PM

Put it on your left. The reason why is the side cast will hit it. I push buttons only every now and then but I cast 5000 times. Your casting side needs to be clear. Now on a PA you will be much high than most guys in a paddle yak but I would still keep that side clear. As stated above you can put gear tracks on the two boards on the sides and move it back and forth.
Posted By: freonfreak82

Re: Fish finder placement - 03/03/15 05:28 PM

Yeah I was thinking left side makes sense with my side arm casting. I typically fish left to right on the water if that makes sense.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum