Texas Fishing Forum

Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC

Posted By: Todd™

Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 07:56 PM

This will be an easygoing and inexpensive series of bass tournaments open to the public. No membership required. This will be a human powered kayak only tourney that will be the standard CPR, best 5 fish, with identifiers. Each tournament will have a $30 entry fee with a $10 big bass side pot. Pays First-60%, Second-25%, Third-15%, and Big bass-100% side pot.

Dates and Lakes
May 2 2015 @ Lake Mineral Wells State Park.

June 13 2015 @ Purtis Creek State Park.

July 18 2015 @ Lake Amon Carter.

August 8 2015 @ Lake Fork.

Add the dates to your calendars. I will post details in a separate post a month before each tournament. There is camping at all the lakes but Amon Carter and we plan to camp at all of them (but AC) so make your reservations.

Posted By: Grease Bath

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 07:59 PM

Whomever picked those lakes did a fantastic job!! They must ACTUALLY fish in North Texas cheers

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 08:02 PM

Thanks! These are great kayaking lakes with trophy bass. Not much better than that!
Posted By: Grease Bath

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 08:03 PM

you can camp at Amon Carter, You would just need to bring tents, food, etc. I've seen many people camping out there.
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 08:21 PM

I'll be at all but the 5/2. really looking forward to helping Todd with this series.
(I'll be TD so he and Chasey can compete)
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 09:18 PM

Count me in!!!
Posted By: gutcheck

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 10:40 PM

Clearing the calendar! Love these lakes!
Posted By: The Ninja

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 10:44 PM

Awesome! Agreed, Great Lake choices! Kicking it off at Mineral Wells. We all know how I feel about that! This is how I feel about that.
Posted By: Jason Delfraisse

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 11:04 PM

I'm fallowing mr ninja!
Posted By: yakintime

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 11:04 PM

Nice! What a great line-up!
This looks like 100% payout too.....
I especially like your trail dates.....its really good that folks will be able to participate in lots other scheduled events without conflict!

Way to go guys!
Posted By: mikepaddle

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/23/15 11:52 PM

Although membership is not necessary for the MSKFC Series, 100% of the $15.00 dues goes 100% to Heroes OnThe Water.

You will also be able to join the club on its members only events.

The next big event is a Brazos River weekend in April.
Posted By: ETBA

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/24/15 12:05 AM

Awesome selection on the lakes, those are some fun places to kayak fish.
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/24/15 12:37 AM

Count me in

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/24/15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Grease Bath
you can camp at Amon Carter, You would just need to bring tents, food, etc. I've seen many people camping out there.

It looks like Selma Park does have camping.
I'll call and confirm.
Posted By: Palovik

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/24/15 02:42 AM

Looks like a great set of lakes, will have to try and make some of these.
Posted By: Striper Lifer

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/24/15 02:11 PM

Originally Posted By: atx bassin
Count me in

+1

Lots of great events this year!
Posted By: Jeffs_Fork

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/24/15 03:55 PM

In for the May and August, will miss the middle two.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/24/15 05:11 PM

All of these are scheduled on my Saturday to work except the Amon Carter. So maybe I can make that one lol
Posted By: Carver

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/25/15 01:42 AM

I am sure I'll do Purtis Creek and probably a couple of the others.

Re: Bass Tournament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/25/15 03:54 PM

Thanks for the responses! I'm looking forward to these tourneys. Looks like there might be camping out at Amon Carter but we'll look into it and post info.

Originally Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery
All of these are scheduled on my Saturday to work except the Amon Carter. So maybe I can make that one lol

Sorry Nathan. That's my problem too. I can't make 90% of the tourneys this season due to work bang
Posted By: Benczar

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/26/15 12:27 AM

I'm in
Posted By: cchoww

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 02/26/15 07:40 PM

Thanks Todd! We need this type of tourney for the DFW area! Will see you soon @ Mineral Wells!
Posted By: J.T.69

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 05/01/15 08:06 PM

Ok I may try to make the Purtis creek one! It would be my first tournament ever! How do you do on your best five fish as for as weight and length? Keep and weigh in or pics. measure and release?

Thanks

Troy

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/09/15 06:03 PM

Back to the front!

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/09/15 06:52 PM

Troy, we use a hawg trough and measure the fish. Take a pic and release. Best 5 fish will be counted. If you want, hit up the Mariner Sails Working man's tournament @ Marine Creek on Thursday to get a feel for tournament fishing. It's free and lots of fun. Plus most of us will also be there on Saturday.. LOL. See you on the water buddy!
Posted By: Nathan_Fisher

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/10/15 01:25 AM

I caught my 10.06lb personal best at Amon Carter......... Just saying grin

Wife said I might be able to make it to this one. Grew up in Bowie and it's been a while since I've been there to fish.

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/10/15 01:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Nathan_Fisher
I caught my 10.06lb personal best at Amon Carter......... Just saying grin

Wife said I might be able to make it to this one. Grew up in Bowie and it's been a while since I've been there to fish.
I saw that in your sig the other day. Thought you might want to join us at that one grin. I think a lot of people will like AG.

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/10/15 01:51 PM

Todd, I'm already selling tickets for people to tie off to his PA and fish behind him @ Athens.. LOL.
Posted By: Nathan_Fisher

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/10/15 05:45 PM

Originally Posted By: The Black Hammer
Todd, I'm already selling tickets for people to tie off to his PA and fish behind him @ Athens.. LOL.

LOL. Haven't been there in 3-4 months to fish and it was low then in March. Selma can get pretty wild at night if it's like when I was in school.

Think I'll crash at the farm for this one. Cannot Wait!

Oh, and go eat Dos Chilie Mexican afterwards. Best food in town. Ask anyone
Posted By: CaseyB329

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/22/15 12:27 AM

Any info on the Lake Fork tourney? I will be coming from Midland, Tx and am trying to prepare as best I can... Thanks!

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/22/15 03:20 PM

Originally Posted By: CaseyB329
Any info on the Lake Fork tourney? I will be coming from Midland, Tx and am trying to prepare as best I can... Thanks!

The date is Aug 8th so make any reservations you need for then. Registration will be the morning of the tourney so no need to meet before that morning. We will be meeting for registration at the Brookshires in Emory at the corner of HWY69 and FM515. It will be a road runner so you guys go fish where you want on Fork and we'll meet for weigh in that afternoon. Weigh in hasn't been set but it will be at the lake. Time hasn't been set yet but being a hot summer event I might start earlier than the others we've had and end earlier. Plan around 4:30AM registration time.

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/22/15 06:49 PM

Looks like I might be sleeping in the Truck for this one lol at the station!
Posted By: YakinJunkie

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/22/15 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: CaseyB329

We are staying at Chaney Point RV. It is 12 miles from the registration point. From Chaney Point to Brookshires

We are staying in one of the cabins at Chaney Point. We stayed there last year and I thought it was great all around spot. I plan on doing some night fishing Saturday night and not having to drive anywhere is kind of requirement after night fishing.

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/23/15 03:45 PM

Troy I haven't decided yet but it's a long drive for me too. Last year a few stayed at Chaney Point RV so I was thinking of staying there.

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/23/15 06:24 PM

Will they let you have the registration and weigh in at Chaney?

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/23/15 06:45 PM

We did have registration there at last years tourney but Mark moved the weigh in for some reason. I think because it's not centrally located. Brookshires is good because it's on the way for most guys, easy to find, and it gives everybody a central location to start out from. Weigh in has been pretty much decided but haven't confirmed so not mentioning the location. It's centrally located at the lake.

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/23/15 07:08 PM

thumb

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 06/23/15 09:06 PM

A cabin would be cool if someone wanted to go in halves maybe!
Posted By: BassYak35

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 07/02/15 04:28 AM

I plan on fishing in this one. I'm new to kayak fishing but I recently bought my first yak and I'm excited about getting plugged in. I have to admit, I'm a little interested to see how challenging it might be to take a pic of a fish on the hog trough in the yak!
Posted By: Doctoordan

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 07/02/15 12:30 PM

Yep this is definitely a North Texas Forum.

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 07/02/15 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BassYak35
I plan on fishing in this one. I'm new to kayak fishing but I recently bought my first yak and I'm excited about getting plugged in. I have to admit, I'm a little interested to see how challenging it might be to take a pic of a fish on the hog trough in the yak!

welcome Taking the pic is sometimes a challenge. Best advice I can give is practice, practice, practice. Leave the scale in the tackle box and take pictures of every fish you catch on the board. The identifier will be on your hand so you can use that hand to hold the middle of the fish down while shooting the pic. I'll need to see a good view of the mouth against the side fence and one of the tail. For my tourneys mouth can be open.

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 07/02/15 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Doctoordan
Yep this is definitely a North Texas Forum.

Not sure why TFF has slanted that way. I wish more of our southern brothers would get on here and share what's going on.
Posted By: CaseyB329

Re: Bass Tornament Series sponsored by MSKFC - 07/09/15 02:35 PM

Ive got an RV spot. Looking forward to this tourney!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum