Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing tomorrow?

Posted By: jjfox09

Fishing tomorrow? - 02/20/15 07:52 PM

I was thinking about going to lake Arlington tomorrow morning to try out my new fish finder but I'm unsure about the weather. Looks to be about 50's picking to to mid 60's with winds at 5-10 in the morning but picking up to 15-20 in the afternoon with temps dropping and rain showers moving in.

What are your thoughts? Would you go out? I'm not worried about the wind. I just don't want to get rained on and I hate the cold weather.
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Fishing tomorrow? - 02/20/15 08:19 PM

Hey, we were gonna hit up lake Arlington for a few hours in the morning too. Same like you I have a new fish finder I need to set up ... LOL.

Re: Fishing tomorrow? - 02/20/15 08:42 PM

What did you get? I got a Lowrance Elite 4-HDI

Re: Fishing tomorrow? - 02/20/15 08:44 PM

I got Humminbird Helix 5 SI. I had the Lowrance Elite 5-DSI.

Re: Fishing tomorrow? - 02/20/15 08:49 PM

Nice. It will be an adventure for sure. I do not know a thing about fish finders.
Posted By: fredfarmer

Re: Fishing tomorrow? - 02/21/15 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: Superman0311
I got Humminbird Helix 5 SI. I had the Lowrance Elite 5-DSI.

Can I ask why you are switching fishfinders? Is it for the SI vs the DSI?
Posted By: Senior Q

Re: Fishing tomorrow? - 02/21/15 01:20 AM

Let us know how the helix works out. I Got the same thing and going out tomorrow to try it out myself. Watched lots of YouTube videos so I have somewhat of a plan on setting up. Hope we get it right.

Re: Fishing tomorrow? - 02/21/15 03:23 AM

Finally got my ff installed. Still gotta learn how to use it. Any tips for a newbie?

Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

Re: Fishing tomorrow? - 02/22/15 12:43 AM

Yup, I wanted Si. Got the Helix running and figured out how to read it properly. It's a great little unit for it's size. It really offers so much in such a small package.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum