Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine working mans?

Posted By: Jason Delfraisse

Grapevine working mans? - 02/18/15 08:30 PM

I had lots of fun fishing the tournaments at grapevine last year I gained a lot of new friends and learned a lot about fishing. I really hope mariner sails can continue to sponsor these Thursday night free tourneys! As the days start getting longer soon I will have time to fish after work!
Posted By: LuvPondFishing

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/18/15 08:48 PM

I haven't heard anything from any of the MS crew, but typically in the past, we have started these after the time change to DST.
Posted By: pontiactech

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/18/15 09:02 PM

Whether Mariner does or doesn't sponsor again I plan on fishing Thurs nights again this year lots, of fun and good friends.
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/18/15 09:35 PM

Sorry guys but as of right now the Thursday night tourney is not in the plans. I am finalizing a few things and will be making an announcement real soon for something I think will be just as fun.
Posted By: The Black Hammer

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/18/15 09:49 PM

Cool Todd, Keep us updated. The guys at work have all been talking about this. It was lots of fun and most of us who fished these have fished other venues together.
Posted By: yakintime

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/18/15 09:54 PM

Hey folks - I just wanted to shout out to Todd for his good work last season on the Working Man's Tourney. I'm glad so many folks enjoyed it! Todd is working on something a little different this year BUT if any of you want to organize a Working Man's for this season.......Mariner would love to support your efforts with gift certificates and other cool stuff. Please let me know if you are interested and I'll be grateful and glad to get together with you. It's looking like this is going to be a fun season!

Sincerely
Aris

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/18/15 11:53 PM

That's awsome Aris, not sure what Todd has planned but I'm sure it will be fun. We will have to see what happens because I sure do want to do these again.
Posted By: Robbie Milam

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/19/15 02:32 AM

Someone pick up the duties of running these events! It'll only make the kayak fishing community better!

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/19/15 02:05 PM

I would volunteer but I can't commit to every week.

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/19/15 02:36 PM

Jason, we can switch out between the both of us. Aris I'll swing by and talk to you about it tomorrow when I pick up my paddle.

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/19/15 02:49 PM

I'll be glad to help out if we want to make it a "manage by committee" effort! I know its almost impossible for any one of us to make it every week throughout the spring/summer.
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/19/15 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: yakintime
Hey folks - I just wanted to shout out to Todd for his good work last season on the Working Man's Tourney. I'm glad so many folks enjoyed it! Todd is working on something a little different this year BUT if any of you want to organize a Working Man's for this season.......Mariner would love to support your efforts with gift certificates and other cool stuff. Please let me know if you are interested and I'll be grateful and glad to get together with you. It's looking like this is going to be a fun season!

Sincerely
Aris

This is awesome! Just another reason I couldn't ask for a better company to represent!

This year I couldn't commit 100% to doing this again but if everybody is willing to work together on this it could turn out pretty cool! I'll help where I can.
Posted By: minnowstalker

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/19/15 03:42 PM

I would defiantly help run these events especially if we are doing it as a committee. That would give some flexibility in dates and attendance.

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/20/15 12:57 AM

Hey guys however we can do this I am more then willing to do what needs to be done. Early part of the season I may have to miss 1 Thurs a month but other than that I will be there.

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/20/15 01:34 PM

Hey pontiactech are you fishing the bird tomorrow?

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/20/15 02:03 PM

No sir

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/20/15 02:48 PM

I'm gonna try my luck see what happens never been.

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/20/15 03:45 PM

Would love to but have to work . Good luck down there!

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/20/15 03:49 PM

Duc sent you a pm

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/20/15 03:53 PM

Not yet on here anyways... And thanks
Posted By: mikepaddle

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/20/15 07:38 PM

The Mariner Sails Thursday Workingman's Tournaments will resume.

Look for another announcement soon from the new lead coordinator.

Also a B I G thanks to Todd for coordinating last year's program.[b][/b]

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/20/15 08:06 PM

Yes, Me, Bryan, and Jason are gonna take the reigns on this Thursday Working-mans Tournament. We are working out on the details, I know some work is being done at most of the ramps @ grapevine. I'll start another thread on where this will take place when the date gets closer.
Posted By: txwin70

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/21/15 01:22 AM

Sweet!! Can't wait to go out and peddle my yak around looking like i am fishing....

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/22/15 06:15 PM

BIG thanks to Aris and the Mariner Sails crew for doing this again! Can't remember exactly how long you folks have been supporting this but it is greatly appreciated ! I started doing the Thurs night tournament when I first started kayaking mostly just to meet some people in the community for fishing buddies and I have to say the friendships I have made from this have been awesome. For anyone looking for a good way to break up the week meet some great people and forge some friendships come on out for some fishing and fellowship on Thurs nights we would love to have ya'll!
Posted By: Cyberfisherman

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/22/15 08:06 PM

I just got my super novas so now Im gonna attend some of these!! Cant wait!
Posted By: yakintime

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/24/15 03:41 PM

Originally Posted By: pontiactech
BIG thanks to Aris and the Mariner Sails crew for doing this again! Can't remember exactly how long you folks have been supporting this but it is greatly appreciated ! I started doing the Thurs night tournament when I first started kayaking mostly just to meet some people in the community for fishing buddies and I have to say the friendships I have made from this have been awesome. For anyone looking for a good way to break up the week meet some great people and forge some friendships come on out for some fishing and fellowship on Thurs nights we would love to have ya'll!

Robbie Milam started it off started this off for us a few years ago and thanks to this great community, it keeps right on truckin'

Thanks guys for picking up the ball!

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/24/15 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By: yakintime
Originally Posted By: pontiactech

Robbie Milam started it off started this off for us a few years ago and thanks to this great community, it keeps right on truckin'

Thanks guys for picking up the ball!

The first one was held at White Rock Lake on April 5, 2012. I probably still have some pics from it somewhere, but as I remember, we probably had 8-10 show up. Gutcheck smoked us all and took home the first MS Gift Certificate. I started a tradition that I keep all to often, even to this day, of bringing home a skunk! Met some good friends for the first time that night.

Re: Grapevine working mans? - 02/24/15 11:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Cyberfisherman
I just got my super novas so now Im gonna attend some of these!! Cant wait!

Come on out buddy we would love to have you most likely going to start this event off on March 12th. It's a great way to meet people, learn, and just have fun!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum