Texas Fishing Forum

A GOOD BUY

Posted By: Jim Ford

A GOOD BUY - 02/16/15 02:51 AM

I work a side job at the Sam's Club in Shenandoah, and one of the managers knows I'm a kayak angler. When I got there this afternoon he told me he had a good buy on a fishing kayak. They got in some Lifetime Products Weber 132s that look like a good starter yak, or a backup/buddy boat. They're selling them for $359. They come with a keel wheel and one rod holder already mounted, with two flush rod holders aft of the seat. The seat is similar to the seat in a Tarpon. I've never heard of the brand, but it appears to be a decent quality boat. I don't know if it will last as long as my Ocean Kayaks, but it will certainly catch just as many fish, and for 1/3 the price. The stern configuration doesn't look rudder-friendly, but I imagine one could fabricate a workable bracket without too much effort.

They are also selling the Pelican Elite 45 qt. ice chests for $210. I like the latches and handles on the Pelican better than those on my Yeti. If you need one of the "supercoolers" in that size range, it's hard to beat that deal.

I'm not repping for Sam's Club here, just passing on some info if it'll help someone.
Posted By: scuba7200

Re: A GOOD BUY - 02/16/15 03:01 AM

That is a good price on that cooler. Thanks for posting
Posted By: 4x4Active

Re: A GOOD BUY - 02/17/15 04:57 AM

Have 2 Lifetime tamarack for maybe 3-4 years now. Still holding strong. The brand is really unknown but they are pretty good and the price are cheap.
Posted By: RogerB

Re: A GOOD BUY - 02/17/15 04:37 PM

Not familiar with the brand other than I've seen offerings in some of the box stores. I always assume it was a China-made product but appears to be a mit-USA brand. That's a good thing. http://www.lifetime.com/company/newsarticles/0
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: A GOOD BUY - 02/17/15 07:57 PM

http://www.sportsauthority.com/Lifetime-Weber-132-Kayak/product.jsp?productId=35376066

I would say the Sams price is a pretty good buy!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum