Texas Fishing Forum

Still searching for my first fish (LMB) of 2015

Posted By: Rhino68W

Still searching for my first fish (LMB) of 2015 - 02/14/15 08:14 PM

Been to Marine Creek Lake the last 2 mornings. Plan on staying until around 2 p.m. tomorrow too. Still haven't gotten a bite... splat ...If anyone wants to join me and help me out, or give me advice it'd be great. TIA
Posted By: Knot at work

Re: Still searching for my first fish (LMB) of 2015 - 02/14/15 10:56 PM

With cloudy skies and pre front conditions tommorow I think The odds are in good favor. Im gonna hit one of my favorite spots if you want to make a haul to the Collin county area.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: Still searching for my first fish (LMB) of 2015 - 02/14/15 11:16 PM

I think I saw you out there. My wife and I took our dog over there. We fished from the bank or else I would have been in my yak.

Marine Creek is a really tough lake to fish, even from a boat. Don't get too discouraged. It is a share lunker lake and a very large fish was electro shocked there recently (sometime this fall). It just happens to be a tough one to figure out, but I hear that, once you do, it's rewarding. It's confusing because it has a ton of grass, rock, stumps, lay downs, etc. the water is clear, so maybe that's it. I don't get it, but I'm trying to figure it out.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Still searching for my first fish (LMB) of 2015 - 02/15/15 12:10 AM

This time of year I wouldn't let any lake get you discouraged. It's tough right now. Even on warm weather days the water temp is only going to come up a couple degrees. Mid-late March it should get better.
Posted By: mjmfc

Re: Still searching for my first fish (LMB) of 2015 - 02/15/15 02:39 AM

Make the drive to the nature center or lake worth and I bet that will change
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: Still searching for my first fish (LMB) of 2015 - 02/15/15 03:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Knot at work
With cloudy skies and pre front conditions tommorow I think The odds are in good favor. Im gonna hit one of my favorite spots if you want to make a haul to the Collin county area.
can I make the haul from Wylie?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum