Texas Fishing Forum

Brazos River Nature Center north/south

Posted By: Federale

Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 12/05/14 05:30 PM

Has anyone camped at the brazos nature center north site? Or the take out at the south site?

Brazos River Nature Center North

I am thinking about doing this overnight trip. I haven't seen any reports from anyone who's done it.
Posted By: Lusca

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 12/05/14 05:45 PM

Emailed them a few times over the last year and a half or so to get information. First time they told me they weren't open to the public yet. I tried again later and didn't get any response until about 6 months ago. Then they gave me a number to call, but I never got around to calling and getting the details. It's good fishing, much like the rest of the river.

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 12/05/14 06:39 PM

Ha. I emailed as well and so far no response.
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 12/05/14 08:07 PM

A buddy of mine has been fishing quite a bit down there but has not camped. He just calls the landowner and lets him know he's coming.
Posted By: JOED214

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 12/05/14 08:23 PM

Maybe we just need to paddle down and check it out. Let me know when. Would be more then happy to tag along.

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 12/05/14 11:47 PM

I think you're right Joe. I'll let you know.
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 12/05/14 11:54 PM

I'm in. I'm down there all the time so let me know if you guys go.
Posted By: JOED214

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 12/06/14 12:17 AM

thumb
Posted By: winchester44

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 05/09/18 09:33 PM

I was told this closed. Anyone heard anything? Was looking for access points from between the Whitney Dam and Gohlson.
Posted By: Txfiremn

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 05/10/18 12:57 PM

Originally Posted By: winchester44
I was told this closed. Anyone heard anything? Was looking for access points from between the Whitney Dam and Gohlson.

I'm there often and I'm sure there is not an access point between the dam and Dick's Canoes unless you know a landowner. But the dam to Dick's is a great day trip. You can also take out at a RV park south of Dick's and I'm not sure, but I believe they charge 10 bucks. The river seems to be fishing tougher than usual.
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 05/10/18 01:12 PM

Originally Posted By: winchester44

Yes, it is closed for now. Spoke with the landowner yesterday. He may or may not reopen it to the public.

There are a few things in the works for below Dick's. Stay tuned.

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 05/11/18 08:04 PM

Thanks All! Very helpful information. Will check out the RV Park. Thanks Jerry for all you do for the sport!!

Re: Brazos River Nature Center north/south - 05/11/18 08:17 PM

RV Park was super nice, it's $10 per boat to take out there. Cautioned that water is pretty low right now.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum