Texas Fishing Forum

Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer

Posted By: hook-line&sinker

Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 10/29/14 06:25 PM

I'm thinking about making a run to Lake Somerville State Park & Trailway (Newmans Bottom) Directions to Newmans Bottom to kayak Yegua creek Saturday November 1st.

The crappie and black bass fishing should be picking up with the cooler temperatures. The creek currently is running clear/green and high enough to paddle all the way to the lake with little trouble. We could even set up a shuttle to/from Nails creek park if enough yakers show up.

Posted By: 3rdGEN Slab Bandit

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 10/30/14 12:51 AM

Man that was a great video!! Thanks for sharing!! Nothing better to me then that right there. Crappie in the yak. Gotta love it! cheers
Posted By: mjmfc

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 10/30/14 12:47 PM

I really enjoyed. Glad yall have plenty of water this fall
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 10/31/14 02:08 AM

thumb keep em comin

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 10/31/14 03:38 AM

We will meet up Saturday at Slovacks in Snook 8:30am get some kolaches and then head to Nails Creek park to "check in" about 9am. From there we will make our way to Newmans Bottom and the Yegua. should be on the water by 10am.. Anyone with a yak can do this trip and sometimes we even catch fish! wink Just be at Nails Creek park around 9am and I'll do my best to get you on the creek and some fish!
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/01/14 12:53 AM

Nice video. Nov 1st sounds like a good time, Ben. Wish I lived closer.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/02/14 01:59 AM

The best crappie day ever!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/02/14 02:00 AM

over a hundred crappie caught today.. the creek is on fire!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/03/14 12:37 AM

A day like this should be shared with friends.. If you are waiting for the whitebass next spring to fish the Yegua you are missing an even better opportunity to catch tons of crappie. Yes we caught a lot of undersize fish but many were legal to keep (10 inches) smile Who wants to join me on the creek next time?

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/03/14 03:07 AM

Posted By: Bluecatkayak

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/03/14 04:43 AM

I would join you later if I lived closer!
Posted By: fishr3

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/03/14 03:51 PM

I feel a sick day coming on strong! Looks like now is the time to go up the creek!
Posted By: Coolshot

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/03/14 04:59 PM

Gotta pay more attention to my TFF!!! Did manage a few kitties at Gibbons! Hope to catch you guys on another small group adventure!,

GIBBONS KITTIES
Posted By: Jay In Somerville

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/04/14 01:45 AM

Awesome vid!! Great catches
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/05/14 01:52 AM

flehan Not only do I love your fish tales, I also enjoy your wildlife photos (and video). And the duck hunters were very cool. Kudos, Ben. I need to get down there.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/05/14 03:03 AM

Originally Posted By: B_Rod
flehan Not only do I love your fish tales, I also enjoy your wildlife photos (and video). And the duck hunters were very cool. Kudos, Ben. I need to get down there.

Yep! We need some LSC coverage at our next Yegua creek adventure! "Birds of a feather" flock together..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/05/14 03:07 AM

One thing about the places I fish is that just about anyone can go and do as I do. This ain't the Pecos or the Devils river but something much more approachable by the average Joe...

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/05/14 03:21 AM

I've talked with the Lake Somerville State park managers and it looks like January 17th (weekend) is the first available date for a whitebass fishing primer for the Yegua. This date is about right for the very beginning of the spring run. On a side note I'd like to do a Yegua crappie fishing weekend too very soon. The creek is loaded with new fish and any rise in the creek will just make it better. There is a real good chance that the whitebass will move up the Yegua very early this year if some haven't already.

Put the third Saturday of January on the calendar and come join me on the Yegua for some fishing and adventure up the creek!
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/05/14 03:19 PM

Thanks for setting this up!!! Keep the videos coming.
Posted By: Dfishn

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/05/14 08:29 PM

Hello HLS,
Long time lurker, first time poster. I’ve always enjoyed your vids, and greatly appreciate the helpful advice you always have. At minimum - great stuff you are putting out there. Many thanks.
Question~ How far do you think the crappie have moved up? Was thinking about trying out mid./east Yegua (124 bridge – up and down – I’m not opposed to walking quite a-ways) this weekend. Have not tromped around that area in a long time. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Thanks again - Dfishn

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/06/14 07:28 PM

The Yegua gets pretty small and creek-like above the trailway bridge at Newmans Bottom. The lake backs up into the Yegua all the way to the low water crossing where we usually launch our kayaks 1/4 mile down from the trailway bridge (Newmans Bottom parking lot) When the lake is near normal pool level of 238 there is not much flow in the Yegua from our launching spot at Newmans downstream but there is flow at the trailway bridge, that is how I know that is the point where the lake backs up to. Crappie do not move as far upstream as the whitebass will because they don't need flowing water to spawn. Crappie prefer deeper water where they will stack up waiting for spawning conditions to get right. The lower Yegua has lots of deep holes that hold fish all year long but not like they are now.. I'd guess that with the rain we are getting now the Yegua will muddy up a bit and bring up even more fish from the lake in the coming weeks. This is going to be the best year ever for fishing the creeks around Lake Somerville.. The lower Yegua is a tough place to fish from the banks but is easy for a guy in a kayak to find and stay on the crappie. We are probably going again on Saturday November 15th for round two of the best crappie fishing yet!
Posted By: Dfishn

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/07/14 12:55 AM

Thanks HLS! Appreciate the feedback!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/07/14 05:42 AM

Awesome video. Thanks for sharing. cheers

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/10/14 05:17 PM

The November 1st kayak fishing trip to the Yegua was about the best it has ever been for those of us that made the journey. The most difficult part of the trip is the ¼ mile yak drag down the trail to the low water crossing to access the creek. The park staff is looking into clearing a launching area just below the trailway bridge (closer to the parking lot) but experience tells me that there is seldom enough water in the creek at that point so for the time being the only option is to drag yak.. BYOW - BRING YOUR OWN WHEELS! Unless you like fighting the yak dragon wink

I’m sending out an open invitation to fish the Yegua with the BVFF this coming Saturday (nov 15). We will launch from Newmans Bottom to avoid the duck hunters around the upper end of the lake and that long paddle to the creek. Bill H. plans to be there very early AM but anytime mid-morning is good to start and it is probably better to stagger launching to keep us all spread out along the creek. This trip has the potential to be the best crappie fishing you will ever experience in the Yegua or at the very least in the last seven years…

We can discuss this trip Thursday evening @ Abuelos during our BVFF monthly meeting 5:45pm to 7:30pm ! Please RSVP to me if you want to meet us at Abuelos in College Station..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/13/14 02:59 PM

I think it's best if we shoot for a very early start Saturday to take advantage of the predicted peak in activity and get ahead of the PM rain.
Don't let the cold weather keep you off the creek early Saturday morning. Dress in layers, wear your waders and stay dry. I've fished and hunted in much worse and being properly prepared is the key to a successful outing.. this type of outing isn't for sissy's or little children.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/14/14 02:09 PM

Weather Forecast looks pretty good for Saturday AM. The cloud cover will keep the crappie active longer but that easterly wind flow turning to the north might kill the bite as the day wares on. I might go chase deer and pigs on Sunday after church if I can get a pass from the boss wink
Posted By: greenyak

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/15/14 01:47 AM

What time you going to get out there ben,are you putting in at the lake or Newman's bottom?

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/15/14 04:56 AM

Sam.. I hope to be there at Newmans very early... 6:30 or so... The duck hunters will be out in force on the lake so Newmans Bottom is a much better option...

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/15/14 11:53 AM

We are rollin' on the river.. well make that the creek wink

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/16/14 03:59 AM

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/16/14 06:37 AM

The November 1 report got me primed, so I headed up the creek on Friday morning, after the duck hunters had pulled out. My GPS waypoint for the mouth of the creek had been cleared out since my last trip so I did a bit of marsh mushing before I found the creek channel. The duck hunters probably would have shot me if I had done that during their hunt. The wind was cold but the fishing was hot. I brought home some fish for the freezer and left them biting.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/16/14 12:55 PM

That's what I like to see! It does take some effort but I've seldom if ever been disappointed with the Yegua!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/16/14 02:20 PM

Nice job Bill!!! Sorry I missed you guys....Again

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/16/14 02:33 PM

Excellent video Greenyak, sorry I missed the fun. Water looks to be up a bit higher than earlier this month.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/16/14 02:38 PM

Great trip Fishr3. Thanks for sharing.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/17/14 04:20 AM

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/21/14 04:09 AM

My paddle-fish-paddle video from Yegua Creek last Friday. No commentary just me and the great outdoors. Crappie and Coots were the featured creatures.
http://youtu.be/NoHFEdrwLq8

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/22/14 02:54 AM

If we get enough rain this weekend it might start the whitebass moving up the creek.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/22/14 05:20 PM

nice job Russ

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/26/14 02:04 AM

Will the gate be open at Newman's on thanksgiving?
Posted By: The reel pro

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/26/14 05:21 AM

Subscribe

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/26/14 05:55 PM

On the following dates in December and January, some areas of the park will be closed....

*The Birch Creek Unit of the park will be closed from 10 p.m. on Dec. 16 until 2 p.m. on Dec. 19, 2014 and from 10 p.m. on Jan. 13 until 2 p.m. on Jan. 16, 2015
*The Trailway will be closed on December 13 and 14, 2014 and on January 10,11,13, 14, and 15, 2015.
The closure is for wildlife management activities. Only drawn permitted hunters will be allowed in these areas during these dates. Contact the park for more information.

I called the park and Newmans is open through the long weekend.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/26/14 08:34 PM

Newmans was open today!! Water about 6" below low water crossing. Water has been over trail to kayak launch, so it is muddy!!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/27/14 08:03 PM

Fished from 7am tell noon and only caught 2 whites and 1 crappie. Water still to muddy from rain.real murky.I saw one other guy fishing said he didn't catch any.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/27/14 08:34 PM

Thanks greenyak. I was thinking about hitting the Yegua tomorrow. I might hit Nails instead. Since it is shorter it should clear up faster.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/29/14 01:01 AM

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/29/14 02:14 AM

Looks like the kind of muddy water that brings up the feeesh!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/29/14 02:44 AM

Nails creek never clears up as well as the Yegua. It tends to be more tanic tea colored at best.. just not enough fresh water flowing in Nails creek to keep it flushed out.

Jerdelle clears up real good and quicker than all the other creeks around the lake. Birch creek is much like Nails as far as water quality and fishing goes.

All of the creeks produce when it floods keeping the lake up for weeks in the late winter and spring.. Two feet or more above pool level (238) and you can take your pick of the creeks. The longer the lake stays up above pool the more fish move into and up the creeks.

The whitebass like the creeks that have better current and the crappie like the slower but fresh slack water areas. Until the water warms up and the days get longer the fish will stack up in the deeper parts of the creek. If you can find crappie in deep water and stay with them, a slow vertical jigging presentation works like magic!

Most fishermen cover only the top half of the water column where they catch most of the bass but crappie are often stacked up well below the halfway point in the water column. What I like best about crappie is that they will tolerate a boat sitting right on top of them. The bass do not stay put when disturbed and will go lock-jawed as soon as they get spooked. Whitebass seem to be hyper sensitive when in the creeks up until the spawn actually begins so a very quiet stealthy approach is required if you expect to catch more than a few.

To consistently catch lots of fish go quietly and move slow.. that's what works for me in the creeks around Somerville..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 11/29/14 11:33 PM

Great information Ben!!! Thanks for sharing.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/01/14 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by greenyak
taco are ready. Wife cooked
Up the crappie [Linked Image]

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/01/14 04:08 AM

ooooo that looks good! fish tacos for dinner!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/01/14 03:53 PM

That jerdelle creek is close by me, does it produce fish very well? Even if it's only decent it would be nice for those quick trips after work

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/02/14 04:00 AM

Jerdelle is productive but only for short periods of time in the spring when there is enough rain to bring the lake up above pool level (238) otherwise there isn't enough water in the creek above the bridge. All that said, below the bridge to the lake has enough water to hold crappie and cats once they move into the creek.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/02/14 04:26 AM

Thank you for the info sir

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/02/14 03:25 PM

Reel Pro, I actually tried fishing it below the bridge a few weeks ago with no luck. It was extremely dirty and I saw no signs of fish. But I did see a man catching a lot of crappie below the bridge in late March / early April. Ben also has some videos of catching white bass above the bridge when the lake is up and water is flowing in the spring. The video is titled something like A special place". I can't recall the exact title. If you haven't already, you should subscribe to his U-tube channel or google The Eagle Fish Tales. He has an incredible number of very informative videos about Lake Somerville and all the creeks.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/02/14 06:03 PM

Ok thanks I'll do that. So pretty much wait till we get some rain to go out there. Well maybe I'll see y'all at yegua till then

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/02/14 10:27 PM

I'm off Friday so I am thinking about a Yegua trip either Friday or Saturday. 50% chance of rain on Friday but the low will be 62 and the high will be 75. I expect the creek should have cleared up some since the rains a couple weeks ago. We had good luck with clear water and a warm day early in November. The water has been murky and the weather has been cold since that day though.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/05/14 10:37 PM

J-Moe sent me a message today saying he is catching whitebass in the Yegua! (Friday, 12-5-2014) consider the dinner bell as being rung!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/06/14 04:05 AM

Well I set out this morning to catch crappie on the Yegua. I fished a couple jigs under a cork. When I was reeling it in something struck the jig. So I repeated the cast and retrieve and ended up catching 2 white bass that way before losing the jigs to the Yegua monster. I had heard that crappie like small bettle spins so I tried throwing that for a while with no luck. I didn't have any road runners so I decided to put a jig body on the beetle spin. I worked my way down to wolf pond and caught 3 more white bass and a small lmb. I didn't get a bite on wolf pond so I worked my way back up the Yegua where I finally caught a crappie off the beetle spin. I switched over to my fly rod and yellow marabou jig and caught another crappie before I had to leave.

I'm not sure how effective a beetle spin actually is for white bass fishing. But, I do know one thing for sure. I fished about 4 miles of the Yegua with that beetle spin and it's still on my pole. I would have lost 100 dollars worth of road runners and rooster tails in that stretch.

Also, I have a box full of different chartreuse colored jigs but everything I have caught has been on a jig with some yellow.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/06/14 12:49 PM

I'm heading to the creek! I'll bet I know what the whitebass will hit wink shhhhh don't wake the wife! wopics

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/07/14 01:51 AM

yep we found a few up the Yegua..
Posted By: sac-alait

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/07/14 01:57 AM

nice job knew you could find them

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/08/14 04:19 AM

Just a little early but the whitebass have made it up the Yegua and in good number.. The Kayakers have a distinct advantage over the bankers when it comes to finding and catching these feisty fighters..

Google map to Nails Creek Unit. http://goo.gl/maps/Pbsc2

6280 FM 180
Ledbetter, Texas 78946

Phone (979) 289-2392
Email Nails.Creek@tpwd.state.tx.us
Website http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/lake-somerville

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/08/14 04:32 PM

Thanks Ben, had a great time!! Still looking for them crappie, but the white bass were on fire.... flame

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/08/14 05:10 PM

Another awesome video, you are the man!!! I'm off Thursday and Friday this week so I intend on gearing up for white bass and hitting the creek again.

I noticed some of the same things y'all did. I caught and lost several small white bass as soon as I left the low water crossing. I caught some 14 inch white bass further down the creek.

Also, the nature was unbelievable. I saw more large flocks of ducks than I have since I was a teenager. The bald eagle flew over me. Deer stood on the bank watching me. Huge turtles and snakes (unfortunately).

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/08/14 05:20 PM

Yes sir!! Wish I had gotten the video of the Hog that was coming over the bank at Ben!!! That one was Huge

Wish my videos were as good as Ben's!! Haha

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/09/14 01:01 PM

Those big female hogs seem to like Ben. It must be a scent he puts off, LOL!!!

Cool video!!! Hope to fish with you soon.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/10/14 04:57 AM

now to find some fish with the fly rod...

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/10/14 03:37 PM

I just bought a new Pflueger Trion reel and TFO fly rod today. I am ready to go.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/10/14 09:37 PM

Water has cleared up considerably!! fished the bank below the Newman's bridge down to just below the low water crossing today, and threw everything i had at them without a bump???

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/10/14 09:58 PM

Thanks for the update Coolshot. I plan on fishing Yegua tomorrow. Maybe the crappie have returned if the white bass disappeared.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/11/14 11:52 PM

I fished the Yegua today. I put in at the low water crossing at around 8:30 AM. I fished down to a point just past the big pipes. I reeled a pair of jigs under a cork and threw a road runner all the way down without a bite. I turned around and headed back fishing with just a pair of jigs without a cork. Finally I caught a white bass. I caught several more small males. While combing the area I caught a crappie as well. So I moved over on them and ended up catching 8 keepers and a lot of unders.

I also met two kayakers who follow Ben's videos and were headed down the Yegua to fish.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/12/14 12:07 AM

Sweet!! Glad you found some!!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/12/14 03:11 AM

I call that tactic "shotgunning" that is casting a pair of jigs to find the fish and then narrowing down where the group is holding. It is a very useful approach when fishing new water and helps me find the fish faster than most other techniques. Usually I have a tandem rig with one jig above and one spinnerbait below as the casting rig and often times if I've found the fish I switch to a single jig for crappie in structure and a double jig rig for whitebass or open water suspended fish.. Any of you who have fished with me know first hand how effective this approach can be and not just in the creek.

In the Yegua there are a few conditions that require a change in the approach. Water clarity and temperature seem to be the most important but for different reasons between crappie and whitebass. Lots of fresh runoff clouds the water and puts the fish at ease to some degree. Couple that with some warm weather and the whitebass get very active. As the water clears the whitebass get spooky and will move away from activity above them on the land or water. The only exception seems to be if you are wade fishing and can approach the fish quietly or get at them from a long casting distance. If you crowd whitebass they will scatter and lockjaw up for a while until things quiet down again.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/12/14 03:17 AM

I think the crappie respond better when they can see the jigs so when the water clouds up too much is gets tough to catch crappie with jigs. Bait fishermen have a serious advantage in murky water when it comes to crappie..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/12/14 04:02 AM

Great information Ben!!
Posted By: reeltherapy

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/12/14 04:25 AM

Hey j-moe i was one of the kayakers that ran into you. Ended up with 9 whitebass + 4 bubba gave me (thanks again!) today was more of a scouting trip (first timer). Randomly throwing tandem rigs till i found them. Paddled a lil pass the large pool. Thank you ben for all the informative videos. You really help me become a better fishermen. Keep it up!
Posted By: MontFD

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/12/14 02:08 PM

Hey I've found you, it was fun fishing yesterday. I'm planning on hitting it up again either Tuesday and/or Wednesday

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/12/14 06:32 PM

It was nice meeting you guys. Glad you found some white bass reeltherapy. I would say that's a successful scouting trip. And I second your comments, Ben has taught me an incredible amount about fishing, fly fishing and tying flies. It sure is more fun when you actually catch fish!!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/12/14 11:14 PM

Gonna try it with the long fly pole next.. but I don't know when! smile

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/12/14 11:54 PM

Reminder, The park is closed this weekend.

On the following dates in December and January, some areas of the park will be closed....

*The Birch Creek Unit of the park will be closed from 10 p.m. on Dec. 16 until 2 p.m. on Dec. 19, 2014 and from 10 p.m. on Jan. 13 until 2 p.m. on Jan. 16, 2015
*The Trailway will be closed on December 13 and 14, 2014 and on January 10,11,13, 14, and 15, 2015.
The closure is for wildlife management activities. Only drawn permitted hunters will be allowed in these areas during these dates. Contact the park for more information.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/13/14 02:25 AM

Thanks J-Moe.. that make my plans to go elsewhere solid.. pigs better be on their toes..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/13/14 06:41 PM

...pigs better be on their toes... I think we already established that you are the one being hunted by the pigs, so you better be on your toes, LOL!!!
Posted By: pineywoods

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/14/14 03:49 PM

A belated report. Last Wednesday (10th) I kayaked from the low water crossing to no more than 1/4 mile downstream. 13 whites to 14" and two 11"-class crappie in two hours. Lots of undersize crappie and "on the line" 10-inch whites that I returned. Whites were all males and already flowing (milt)! Not sure how to explain that.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/15/14 03:27 AM

Two of the 17 whitebass I caught last were already laden with eggs. Nature has many ways to ensure the survival of her creatures.. This far south the fall of the year mimics spring and sometimes favorable conditions continue long enough to make things happen. sunlight/temperature variations make up the basis of those things that we see a unusual. A warm wet winter isn't the norm and something we only see every 7 to 10 years now. Call it what you may but this is part of a much longer cycle of weather/climate.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/15/14 03:59 AM

Guys & Gals.. be sure to mark your calendars for the 17th of January 2015 to be at Nails Creek park. We are putting on a kayak fishing expo that whole weekend.. Come and shoot the breeze, cook, camp and have a good time with us..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/15/14 02:58 PM

If you found large female whites with mature egg sacs then it makes sense to see flowing males. I just didn't catch any females.

I know that fall spawns can be succesful, but one huge problem can be that the invertebrate lower-food chain base necessary for fry to survive and grow through the winter aren't available or are not numerous enough in the dead of winter for fry/fingerlings to make it to warmer more productive weather.

I might go to the creek later this week, or catch some pellet-raised trout at Beuscher State Park from the kayak, just for a change.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/15/14 11:47 PM

Looks like I'm losing another week to be on the creek... got to fill in for everyone on vacation..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/17/14 03:32 AM

This is the new FISH CAMP extraordinaire.

In about one month at the state park, if just the guys and gals I've fished the Yegua with show up on the 17th of January we will have party like no other and this time I'm fishing too! I will work out the details with the park and reserve the pavilion by the boat ramp as headquarters for the Potluck, fishfry, evening social, fly tying, gear and gadgets and BS story telling.

There is a very big fireplace in the pavilion that will be at the center of it all. I envision expeditions to Newmans Bottom leaving every two hours all day Saturday until about 2PM. Any kayaker can either paddle up from the lake or down from Newmans with the option of paddling or shuttle back to the park. I'm encouraging everyone to keep a few fish for a big old time fish fry Saturday evening as we BS about the days adventures.

For those that would like a shorter paddle Nails creek is another option and is easy to find too. Several of you experienced Yegua Yakers can expect to be asked to lead a newbee or two around the creek and to share what you know to be true..
Posted By: reeltherapy

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/18/14 12:13 AM

Fish the creek yesterday, 11 wb and 2 crappie between 3 guys. Gonna need some rain to push more wb through.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/18/14 02:34 AM

I made the trip to the State park Wednesday to confirm details for the January 17th kayak/fishing get together and dropped by the creek to satisfy my curiosity. The Yegua has gone back to clear and clean which means the fish will move back down the creek to deeper pools. Until it rains and brings up the muddy you will need a boat to avoid a very long walk and the skunk...

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/18/14 03:04 PM

Another great video Ben!! I really enjoyed the detailed tour of the creek above the bridge and the information on white bass behavior.

Fred and I plan on hitting the Yegua for a couple hours on Saturday morning. The creek was clear when we caught all the crappie on 11/1/14 and I caught them last time out so hopefully we will have the same results.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/19/14 03:02 AM

I'll bet you will find the crappie and whitebass down around Wolf Pond again just like last year at this time. Conditions are just about the same! It is suppose to rain Friday so keep your fingers crossed..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/19/14 11:03 AM

It's raining today!!!!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/19/14 04:13 PM

Most areas around the lake and Yegua have received between 1.5 and 2 inches of rain in the last 12 hours.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/19/14 11:07 PM

Could be tough fishing in the AM.. let us know if the creek has come up any... I'm going to take advantage of the wet conditions and go shoot a big buck and some pigs..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/20/14 04:08 AM

Got a little hiccup in our 17th of January 2015 kayaking get together at Nails Creek Park. It seems another big group has the pavilion by the boat ramp reserved for that day. Time for Plan B.. We might stage the whole daylong event at Newmans Bottom. I've inquired about renting a big tent and setting it up near the trailway bridge as headquarters for the day. Expeditions up and down the Yegua would originate from there. Shuttles would run to and from the park all day. All of this depends greatly on the weather for that Saturday.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/21/14 03:45 PM

On Saturday the 17th of January 2015 there will be a one day event at Newmans Bottom aimed at showing fellow kayakers around the Yegua and Nails creek. Whether paddling up from the lake or down from Newmans Bottom this is your chance to learn about navigating and fishing the main feeder creeks of Lake Somerville. The rain we just received the week before Christmas will help bring more fish up into the creeks potentially making this the best fishing in seven years or more.. If the weather cooperates it will be a great day at the park and on the creek!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/22/14 05:53 PM

2+ inches of rain last week in the Yegua basin has pushed the lake to nearly pool level. The muddy water flowing into the upper lake will provide enough cover and depth at the mouth of the creek to allow the fish safe passage over the flats and into the creek channel. This is just what we have been hoping for and should make for great creek fishing all season. The Yegua should begin to clear up and by Christmas day through the weekend be producing near limits of bigger whitebass & crappie for those that can get to the section around Wolf pond. It doesn't take long for the forage fish supply in the Yegua to be exhausted by the 1000's of whitebass and crappie moving into the creek but that gives the fisherman a slight advantage over the hungry hoards looking for dinner..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/25/14 02:57 PM

Look for the reports over the next few days to be coming out of the Yegua.. Several guys I know will be fishing the creek and they know what they are doing.. I wish I could go but other things need my attention at the moment.. Maybe Saturday in the rain if I don't go out to the ranch and hunt.. time is getting short for the deer season..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/26/14 05:41 AM

Friday might be the best chance for catching some Yegua fish before the next rain showers move in.. hope to make it out soon..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/27/14 03:02 PM

It's raining heavy again!!!!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/28/14 04:08 AM

fished and few hours friday afternoon and early saturday morning.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/28/14 04:55 PM

I was out in the deer woods Saturday morning and when the wind shifted and temperature dropped it was brutal. Glad I wasn't on the water!
Posted By: John_B_1

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/29/14 03:32 AM

Greenyak, my nephew and I saw you out there friday. We were loading the jackson cuda's as you pulled up. We were wondering if it's easier to launch from the lake or from Newman's?

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/29/14 04:06 AM

Newman's

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/30/14 01:50 AM

Hard to find but when we did it was ON! Actually Daniel found the fish in places I usually skip over.. it's always good to take guys that don't know where they are suppose to fish wink

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/30/14 01:59 AM

If I've learned anything about the whitebass in the Yegua, it is that they move alot! Found them in two places, neither of which I would have spent much effort fishing before today. The last spot Daniel found was the best with both whitebass and crappie but it was after five o'clock and we needed to be off the water before dark and had fish to clean.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/30/14 04:47 AM

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/30/14 09:35 PM

On the following dates in January, some areas of the park will be closed....

*The Birch Creek Unit of the park will be closed from 5 p.m. on Jan. 13 until 2 p.m. on Jan. 16, 2015
*The Trailway will be closed from 5 p.m. January 9 through January 11, 2015, and from 5 p.m. January 13 through January 15, 2015.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/30/14 10:34 PM

Ben, Do you know if the "Trailway" include Newmans Bottom?Or access to the low water crossing?

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/31/14 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Coolshot
Ben, Do you know if the "Trailway" include Newmans Bottom?Or access to the low water crossing?

Yes Newmans is smack-dab in the middle of the trailway and will be closed for those hunts

*The Trailway will be closed from 5 p.m. January 9 through January 11, 2015, and from 5 p.m. January 13 through January 15, 2015.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/31/14 05:27 PM

If you are thinking about joining us kayak fishers on the 17th of January down at Newmans you will need a kart for your yak or the Yak Dragon will eat the bottom of your yak..

Necessity is the mother of invention..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 12/31/14 05:39 PM

Nice job!!!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/01/15 02:22 AM

Anyone interested in joining the Brazos Valley Fly Fishers is welcome to meet us at C & J's Barbecue on Texas Ave in Bryan Thursday January 8th 5:45pm until about 8pm. We have reserved the POW WOW room for our meeting where the topic of discussion will be the kayak fishing trip on the 17th to Yegua creek. We will be tying flies for the upcoming spring fishing and talking lots of smack. You can keep up with the club on Facebook in addition to meetings and outings. 2014 has seen a revitalization of the BVFF after acquiring a great club lake to fish and several successful events and outings. 2015 is looking even better starting with the crappie & whitebass run up the Yegua and springtime bass fishing at the ranch.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/02/15 06:11 PM

Let's go kayak fish the Yegua Saturday!

Saturday's weather forecast

the last few days have been crappy weather days so lets see if Saturday is another good crappie day...

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/02/15 07:15 PM

I'm gonna try to be there by about 8am and fish until I have enough fish (those I'm willing to clean). I'm going to fish hard on the way down because the fish have been found several times near where we launch but not necessarily where I've caught them before! There doesn't seem to be a sound reason why the fish are hanging where we have been finding them.. almost seems like we are pushing them up and down the creek.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/03/15 01:50 PM

With the rain we received last night and all day Thursday/Friday I'll bet the creeks are a mess.. the lake just hit pool level early this AM http://somerville.lakesonline.com/Level.asp

I'm going anyway if just to spend the day outdoors.. It will be just a walk / hike photo/video kind of day to update all my friends.. the duck hunters should be happy wink
Posted By: bayoubob

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/03/15 03:42 PM

Here is a website you should watch. It will give you an indicator of how high the water is before you drive there to be disappointed.

http://river-depth.com/graphs/08109800

Gives you daily read info for the yegua at dime box.
Posted By: ben_beyer

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/03/15 06:14 PM

Man I miss living in that area!

Our lakes here are still in poor shape even after a very wet summer.

Meredith:
http://meredith.uslakes.info/Level.asp

And I have no clue why MacKenzie is in such bad shape:
http://mackenzie.lakesonline.com/Level.asp

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/04/15 02:44 AM

Took the tour and I like what I saw.. Lots of water flowing towards the lake..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/04/15 03:34 PM

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/04/15 04:43 PM

Sat
Jan 17
Mostly Cloudy
66°F
59°F
SSW 7 MPH

The 17th is looking like a good day as of now. Hopefully this forecast will hold true.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/04/15 07:52 PM

The kayak event on the 17th is just that .. a kayak fishing day on Yegua creek staged at Newmans Bottom. Unfortunately the pavilion at Nails Creek park was reserved in advance of this event and without the pavilion I can't really do much else... Having the whole Saturday event down at Newman's is probably easier as we can stagger launch times to suit the number of kayakers as they show up.. We might arrange shuttles if need be to help spread out paddlers all along the creek. Another consideration is that the lake is high enough now for regular boat traffic coming up from the lake. Most of the recent history the lake has been too low for anything other then paddlers to cross the shallow upper end of the lake where the Yegua enters so us kayakers have had the whole creek to ourselves. We will have to share the creek this year with the many banker and boaters that will be looking for their share of the whitebass bounty..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/06/15 07:14 PM

Anyone in the Bryan/College Station area that would like to learn more about the upcoming kayaking event on the Yegua or fly fishing/tying is invited to the BVFF January club meeting at C & J's Barbecue on Texas ave. in Bryan, Texas on Thursday January 8th starting at 5:45pm. We have reserved the Pow Wow room for our meeting and fly tying class/demo. This group of know-it-all's will answer any question one might have about anything.. it might not be the right answer but it will be an answer none the less.. wink

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/08/15 08:53 PM

reminder..
We (BVFF) will be meeting at C & J's Barbecue on Texas Ave in Bryan Thursday January 8th 5:45pm until about 8pm. We have reserved the POW WOW room for our meeting where the main topic of discussion will be the kayak fishing trip on the 17th to Yegua creek and we will be tying flies for the upcoming spring fishing .

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/09/15 04:16 PM

OK here's the full creek report on 1/8/15 in less than 2 min..... Remember the trailway closed dates!!!
Gate at Newmans was closed today!,
The Birch Creek Unit of the park will be closed from 5 p.m. on Jan. 13 until 2 p.m. on Jan. 16, 2015

Birch, Yegua, Nails, Cedar, McCain, and Jerdelle

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/09/15 08:32 PM

Not necessarily Yegua related, but which of the creeks at Somerville are white bass creeks and which ones are crappie creeks?

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/09/15 10:27 PM

Ben, they all have crappie and white bass in them at certain times of year if the lake and creeks are up at that time.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/11/15 03:00 PM

Yakers,
I'll be watching the weather closely but this doesn't look promising for the short term we are setting up for a wash-out come Saturday.. any more rain on fully saturated ground will flood the Yegua and soak the road to Newmans which they will close to preserve.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/11/15 09:07 PM

We kayakers were planning on meeting up around 8am down at Newmans but the Yegua is climbing fast and is probably going to flood with all the rain we have received lately. The creek was already running good before this last rain came down. We might just shift gears and have a meet-up at the open air pavilion at Nails Creek park and decide what to do from there.

It is very likely that if the Yegua floods they will close the gate leading to Newmans which leaves us out. All this rain is good for the long term but it does shut down our activities up the creek. I know of several other creeks on the lake that we could safely kayak if we can't do so up the Yegua..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/13/15 01:16 AM

New details for the Yegua creek Kayaking event Saturday the 17th!

All the rain has our access to the Newmans Bottom area in question so I decided that it will be better to gather up at the open air pavilion nearest the Nails Creek State Park headquarters/gate beforehand to assess the situation and come up with a new game plan.

There are three creeks accessible from Nails Creek Park, those being Nails and Yegua from the boat ramp, and Cedar creek from the camping area in the back.

Depending on how many kayakers we have we might break into three groups and fish all three creeks. With the lake rising like it is there should be plenty of water to explore and fish.

If anyone wants to lead an expedition to Birch creek that is another option too.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/13/15 11:54 PM

I suspect the Yegua up around Newmans is a big muddy mess and not safe for kayakers or bankers. We can and will still kayak and fish but will do so safely in the lower parts of the creeks around the park.. We lost a fellow fisherman to drowning on one of our kayaking trips to the Brazos and I nor anyone else want to have that happen ever again..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/14/15 12:06 AM

When the lake is high like it is currently all the creeks feeding the lake are accessible and will hold fish. We could spread out all over the lake and go up into Birch, Cedar, Nails, Yegua and Jerdelle. There is a couple of creeks on the north shore that I've not fished in many years but they might be worth exploring too.. We can discuss all of this on Saturday morning at the park and go from there..
Posted By: surfguy

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/14/15 01:35 AM

I look forward in meeting some yak fisherman in the area. I rarely fish lake Somerville but I've been wanting to explore the creeks and fish. Really enjoy the videos and ready to learn some new areas to fish

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/14/15 03:12 AM

The kayaking event for Saturday begins at the Nails Creek Park open air pavilion at 8am. Hope to see you all there!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/14/15 01:34 PM

I'll be there ben what time are we meeting up?

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/14/15 02:36 PM

Originally Posted By: greenyak
I'll be there ben what time are we meeting up?

We will begin the day at the Nails Creek Park open air Pavilion @ 8am and figure out then what we can do and where we can go..
Posted By: John_B_1

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/15/15 12:59 PM

Has anyone been up to the creek? http://river-depth.com/graphs/08109800 This is showing its close to normal, but it's a 2 hour drive for me.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/15/15 03:25 PM

That gauge is about 15 miles above the lake near Dimebox. That is only one of the three branches of the Yegua but up that far all of them have probably receded back to near normal. At last report from my contacts at the park the Yegua is out of its banks at the lower end (Newmans Bottom on down to the lake). If you plan on boating up the Yegua from the park I'd say "go for it!" but if you are thinking about working the banks upstream on the Yegua you better know what you are getting into.. big old muddy mess would be my guess...

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/16/15 12:05 AM

Trying to help as much as possible!!! Good luck this weekend!!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/16/15 01:13 AM

Thanks Coolshot! That tells me exactly what I needed to know..

For those that plan to fish Saturday we will launch from the park and fish Nails and Yegua.

Cedar creek is a big question mark for me but if we have enough experienced kayakers to lead newbees up Nails and the Yegua I might lead a smaller group up into Cedar.

My thinking at this point is that the fish will be easier to find (if they are there) in the shorter creeks (Nails & Cedar). There is a ton of water in the Yegua and it is very muddy but it should hold a lot more fish than the smaller creeks. The problem will be finding the fish no matter where we go.. be prepared to enjoy the day paddling and fishing but not so much catching.. I could be wrong about the catching but only you can prove it wink

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/16/15 01:41 AM

I'd love to come to the event this weekend but living 9 hours away makes it a little difficult. I've been on your trips before and I had some good fun.

I'm planning on being down there around Easter weekend. Assuming the white bass are still in the creeks and not out on the main lake, are there any creeks where there will be less bank fisherman to contend with?

Even though I lived there for 5 years, the only time I really fished the lake was in 2011 (no creek fishing) and 2012.

Also, I will be in a kayak so I won't be on the bank.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/16/15 03:37 PM

Everything is in motion and looking great for our kayaking adventure this Saturday at the state park.

We will gather up at the open air pavilion just inside the entrance of Nails Creek park at 8AM.

There will be a safety meeting to start the day and time to discuss the “where, what and how” of the days event .

I am expecting 20+ plus kayakers most of which know about me and us (BVFF) through the Texas Fishing Forum and my blog on theeagle.com.

I will need help throughout the day from those of you who have any experience with fishing, kayaking in the area. (Nails & Yegua). If you have fished the creeks at Somerville than you already know what most new kayaking fishermen want to learn.. Really all that is required of you is to be friendly and open to other kayakers and fishermen. Share what you know to be true…

This is not a competition for limited resources or between “us and them” this is about sharing what the state park and you have to offer the visitor and watching out for one another while we are on the water.

I honestly do not expect the fishing to be very good but the time spent on the water up a creek is always rewarding enough for me…
Posted By: fishytx

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/16/15 09:59 PM

Just being in the elements of Mother Nature in and around this area is worth the trip. Not to mention the folks you will have the opportunity to meet.
I too believe the bite will be slow. Not so much towards the muddy water issue, but leaning more towards the water temperature. Most fish in Texas become very sluggish during the cold weather months. But here lately, the bite has been strange on all bodies of water, so who knows, it could turn out be a great time for all.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/17/15 03:58 AM

The Yegua/Nails creek whitebass bite seems to be best around the 3-4pm time frame or at least it has been for me.. It seems I finally find the fish about the time we need to head out..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/18/15 04:01 AM

After the last two weeks+ of cold gray wet weather it was very nice to have that Texas sunshine back and for it to line up on a Saturday was golden.. My goal for the Yegua yak attack was to show those dozen or so yakkers where the Yegua comes into the lake. Many folks who know the general area where the creek dumps into the upper lake have gone looking for it but either they miss the opening or don't go far enough up. Nails creek is pretty easy to find and about half of our group took that route on Saturday while the rest continued up the lake to find the Yegua. After going up about 4 miles into the Yegua and catching nothing we made a bee-line to Nails creek. The fishing was just as tough up Nails but we did manage 4 fish between the 8 of us... the paddle out was easy as the wind helped push us home. all in all it was a good day on the creek..

the video will be here in a bit..

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/18/15 02:06 PM

Thanks Ben,

Great video and great learning event!!!!
Posted By: surfguy

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/18/15 05:17 PM

Thanks for showing us around the creeks. Had a blasts and met some cool fisherman. Looking forward to doing some more fishing in the creeks

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/19/15 03:40 AM

The music sucks but here is a video of the event. [video:youtube]camping nails creek: http://youtu.be/UZ1MuUdZSRI[/video]
Posted By: Wadefishing

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/19/15 05:20 AM

Nice video. Enjoyed it!

Thanks

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/19/15 02:11 PM

Very good video Sam and it was great meeting you at the event.

I liked the Native American theme music. You should experiment with that sound. It fits with the Yegua, fishing, kayaking and the great outdoors.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/19/15 02:47 PM

Google map to Nails Creek Unit. http://goo.gl/maps/Pbsc2

6280 FM 180
Ledbetter, Texas 78946

Phone (979) 289-2392
Email Nails.Creek@tpwd.state.tx.us
Website http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/lake-somerville

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/23/15 02:40 PM

I went to Newman's on Wednesday, the last day of decent weather before the rains returned, and fished with another Yaker (Greg). We fished about 4 hrs with only my 4 keepers and 3 undersized. On the other hand, I spoke with two bank fishermen that walked upstream and fished holes above the bridge and both had limits of nice sized fish. The main difference I saw was that they were fishing much faster flowing water. I know we were in fish, they would bump the many lures I tried, but were reluctant to take the bait. We will see what develops late next week when the creek settles back down from this 2+inch rainfall.

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/25/15 01:46 PM

all or nothing kind of fishing.. that's the Yegua.. and now that it is flooded reel good the whitebass will move way upstream where the bankers can get at them.. you don't need a yak now..
Posted By: Gungle

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/26/15 04:35 AM

Nice video hook-line&sinker! But slow down on those parking lot pans, wow, I almost barfed in my coffee! barf

Cheers,

George

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 01/27/15 02:07 AM

Sorry about that George.. I usually remove anything that shaky and am always working on methods to reduce the bad motion shots.. it ain't easy doing everything freehand!

Re: Yegua Creek Fall Fishing primer - 02/22/15 03:23 AM

Kayaked yegua today didn't catch nothing. [video:youtube]caught nothing: http://youtu.be/OFQGsRL5b9I[/video]
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum