Texas Fishing Forum

Paddle Me!

Posted By: Bine

Paddle Me! - 06/26/14 11:40 PM

I've a Lifetime Adventure Excel Adjustable paddle. I bought it because:

1. Adjustable length. I didn't know what length I was going to want, so I bought one that could be all the lengths.
2. Rigid. I've dug small holes in the sand looking for bait with this paddle. Didn't find any, but I dug holes with this paddle. It doesn't fold up on itself when I paddle. It'd make a decent push pole if need be. That's why I chose rigid, long, straight canoe paddles. A push pole comes in handy.
3. Straight. See above. Also, it can be adjusted on the fly to have the blades off kilter, or feathered. I never used feathered or angled blades, but hey, I've the option here.
4. The blades are cupped, like a your hand when you swim. It just made sense that would be a good shape for a blade.
5. It floats.
6. Price. $50 for a quality kayak paddle is a great price.
7. They come apart. I don't know why I'd want them to, but they do. I like multi function stuff.

What are you paddling with and why?
Posted By: Bine

Re: Paddle Me! - 07/05/14 12:45 AM

Okay then. 132 of you paddle with old fence boards. crazy
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Paddle Me! - 07/05/14 12:58 AM

Werner corryvreckin. I love it. Huge powerfull blades.
Posted By: BKT

Re: Paddle Me! - 07/05/14 01:11 AM

Some $25 paddle from academy. Why? Cause it was $25.
Posted By: weklfrog

Re: Paddle Me! - 07/05/14 01:14 AM

Hobie paddle for the few times I'm not peddlin....

cause it came with the yak.
Posted By: PayneFish

Re: Paddle Me! - 07/05/14 03:10 AM

Bending Branches Angler Pro because it's awesome and hi-vis.
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Paddle Me! - 07/05/14 03:38 AM

I use a Bending Branches Slice Hybrid Plus. For $179, it has a carbon shaft, is fairly light, and has an adjustable shaft length. I have my eye on an AquaBound Manta Ray Carbon Kayak Paddle, the blade is a tad bigger and I could use the BB paddle for my other kayak.
Posted By: formula462

Re: Paddle Me! - 07/06/14 05:56 PM

The larger tourney pingpong paddles lashed with paracord to a cypress branch with carved handholds..no cost
Posted By: Tallgrass05

Re: Paddle Me! - 07/06/14 06:48 PM

MacGyver!
Posted By: biggerD

Re: Paddle Me! - 07/06/14 08:25 PM

Lol good idea
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum