Texas Fishing Forum

First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V

Posted By: The Black Hammer

First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 02:13 AM

Here's a video I shot with my new Sony HDR-AS30V. Pretty neat camera at half the cost of GoPro. Very happy to say the least. The other Kayak you see in the background is a Hobie Revolution.

Posted By: Jimbo

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 02:25 AM

I've never peddled a kayak before so this may be a dumb question, but what is causing that growl when you peddle? Is that common or is something in need of lubrication or breaking in?
Posted By: FishRebel

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 02:32 AM

Thanks for posting this. I bought this same camera a few weeks ago and I'm waiting for my mounts to arrive. Can't wait to try it out.
Posted By: rawfish

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 02:52 AM

That's cool! The stats bar at the bottom is by the sony? It tracks speed/distance?
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 03:06 AM

Cool video.

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 03:24 AM

yea, it has built in GPS.

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 03:26 AM

LOL, Jimbo I probably need to grease it. I also need to get better video editing software.
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 01:16 PM

That looks like a sweet camera, how much battery life do you get out of it?

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 01:22 PM

Well, I actually ran out to memory first because I just threw in a 6gb micro sd card I had laying around on my desk. I just got a new 64gb card and will about the battery life on my next trip.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Superman0311
LOL, Jimbo I probably need to grease it. I also need to get better video editing software.

After looking at it I think it's where you have the mast for the camera attached. It's close to the drive so it's magnifying the sound that's reverberating up the mast.

Re: First Video I shot of the Native Slayer Propel using my Sony HDR-AS30V - 06/02/14 02:35 PM

yea, i was thinking that too. I have to adjust and play with where I'm mounting it also, because when I stand up all you get is a crotch shot... LOL.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum