Texas Fishing Forum

Marine Raider paddle question

Posted By: TXGARRET

Marine Raider paddle question - 04/29/14 03:33 PM

A friend of mine just bought his first yak and is looking at a Marine Raider paddle. Anybody have anything good or bad to say about this brand?
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/29/14 04:06 PM

I have used one of the MR paddles in a 240cm and it was a great entry level paddle.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/29/14 05:08 PM

there r certainly better paddles out there.
but, i bought two 240cm yrs back. one x 1 got stuck deep in the mud & the blade broke off.
academy replaced it at no charge. so of the 2 bought yrs ago they are all still being used.
good buy for what $ u spend IMO.
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/29/14 06:22 PM

I wish our local Academy's still had them. I need two.
Posted By: JJ4MEL

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/29/14 07:56 PM

No complaints from me on the 2 that I have owned.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/29/14 09:56 PM

I have one I bought 3 yrs ago when I first started and Im still using it today. Paid $25 so Id say Ive gotten my moneys worth. I would like to upgrade though but money is just too tight.
Posted By: AcousticTennis

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/30/14 03:58 AM

I'm going on 4 years with my marine raider. The padding on it saves your hands. Especially on those long paddling days offshore (20+ miles)

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/30/14 03:42 PM

The padding on mine is literally falling apart from use lol
Posted By: Chess101

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/30/14 04:48 PM

Had mine for close to 2 years before it sunk to the bottom of twok.
Posted By: TXGARRET

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/30/14 06:00 PM

Thanks for the input guys. He went ahead and bought it yesterday. $15, couldnt pass on that deal
Posted By: Federale

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/30/14 06:35 PM

I have one as a back up. the blade broke with what I felt was not much force.. Like zombie academey replaced it so I still have the paddle and the old aluminum shaft got repurposed into a 360 light.

However the blades are flimsy IMO and even if you are carefull with them you are going to use a lot more energy to cover the same amount of distance. There is just way to much flex in the blade on your stroke.

Re: Marine Raider paddle question - 04/30/14 08:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Federale
I have one as a back up. the blade broke with what I felt was not much force.. Like zombie academey replaced it so I still have the paddle and the old aluminum shaft got repurposed into a 360 light.

However the blades are flimsy IMO and even if you are carefull with them you are going to use a lot more energy to cover the same amount of distance. There is just way to much flex in the blade on your stroke.

I've had mine for 3 years and use it to push off and do all kinds of other stupid stuff with and my blades havent broke yet. I don't doubt that a much more expnisive paddle is better. But for the money I dont think it can be beat. And im not a light guy either at 6'3" 240lbs. Im honestly surprised I havent broken a blade yet. I guess I got one of the good ones! lol
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum