Texas Fishing Forum

Looking to fish Friday - needing a kayak for my brother

Posted By: RidgeM

Looking to fish Friday - needing a kayak for my brother - 04/17/14 01:31 AM

So my brother wants to fish, I want to as well...but on my yak. Anyone fishing Friday that has a spare to rent? Or would you recommend a body of water that rents? I'm in McKinney and he's in Lewisville, we don't mind driving to get our line wet. Thanks.
Posted By: Coach P

Re: Looking to fish Friday - needing a kayak for my brother - 04/17/14 01:32 AM

you can rent em at paddle point on ray hubbard.
Posted By: RidgeM

Re: Looking to fish Friday - needing a kayak for my brother - 04/17/14 03:48 AM

Thanks coach. Is there a company you'd recommend or just drive out there and I'll see the only one?
Posted By: Native Sooner

Re: Looking to fish Friday - needing a kayak for my brother - 04/17/14 05:54 AM

There's an add for kayak rentals on craigslist.
Posted By: Native Sooner

Re: Looking to fish Friday - needing a kayak for my brother - 04/17/14 07:48 AM

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/bod/4412882412.html
Posted By: Bass Art

Re: Looking to fish Friday - needing a kayak for my brother - 04/17/14 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Native Sooner

We've dealt with this guy before. He's a nice guy, reasonable, and easy to deal with. The kayaks we got from him were Old Town sit in's.

At paddle point park, you'll get a Jackson kayak typically, and it'll cost more.
Posted By: Federale

Re: Looking to fish Friday - needing a kayak for my brother - 04/17/14 12:22 PM

High Trails Canoe in Garland rents fishing yaks for $80 for all week, take it where you want. REI has tarpons and prowlers and you can take those where you want as well and they are pretty cheap.

besides the craigslist guy mentioned above....i am pretty sure everywhere else you will have to paddle/fish at the rental location.

I've personaly used REI in the past and it was really convienient and affordable. Although I do think that high trails offer is a good deal.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum