Texas Fishing Forum

Why is it?

Posted By: pelican

Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:15 AM

Why is it every time I go to the tackle store, I buy things I didn't go there for, I forget things I went for and always spend more than I thought I would?
Posted By: Kayak_and_Crossbones

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:22 AM

Its the angler version of bright shiny lights.
Posted By: ETBA

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:25 AM

I have the same problem.
I then go back for the things I forgot and buy more stuff I don't "need".
hammer
Posted By: Holdem1

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:37 AM

I blame it on old-timers condition, but it's fun.
Posted By: Allen Ehlers

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:39 AM

You have to make a list and stick to it. It's hard to do! Trust me.
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:42 AM

I thought I was the only one that did that. I cant tell you how many times I have to put down what I came for because I found something better. I hate going to APT because I see new great looking lures there each time I go.
Posted By: joebeasley

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:47 AM

Sounds normal to me.
Posted By: mjmfc

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 01:00 AM

Just did the same thing this evening .
Posted By: pelican

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Allen Ehlers

OMG a list OMG
Posted By: B_Rod

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 01:36 AM

Because it's better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have. At least that's what I tell myself.
Posted By: a lo109

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 01:37 AM

I think lures attract us more than fish.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: a lo109
I think lures attract us more than fish.
Posted By: Txwhitacre

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 02:20 AM

Well when I go into tech stores, home depot, or tackle stores, I loose all control of all my bodily functions, so maybe it has something to do with that.
Posted By: Robbie Milam

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 02:24 AM

Originally Posted By: Txwhitacre
Well when I go into tech stores, home depot, or tackle stores, I loose all control of all my bodily functions, so maybe it has something to do with that.

flush rolfmao
Posted By: onebaddj

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 10:13 AM

thats natural pelican. it will eventually stop happening when you walk into a store and you realize you have more stuff than they do. thats when you know your collection is complete for a little while anyway. my wife calls it hoarding, i call it being prepared.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:00 PM

Because when the flesh eating zombies come you will need all the fishing gear you can get.
Posted By: Txwhitacre

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:34 PM

Originally Posted By: christian myrick
Because when the flesh eating zombies come you will need all the fishing gear you can get.

Thats a good one. I use that for multiple things
Posted By: PayneFish

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:44 PM

Originally Posted By: pelican
Originally Posted By: Allen Ehlers

OMG a list OMG

NO WRITTEN EVIDENCE! Can't leave proof around for others to see your addiction. If my wife got this in her hands I'd be a goner.
Posted By: RogerB

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: pelican

Why is it every time I go to the tackle store, I buy things I didn't go there for, I forget things I went for and always spend more than I thought I would?

And if you go back through all the lures you have bought over the years, you will realize there are many that should have no problem catching fish - if you were to use them.....but you probably never will. I wonder what will happen to all these unused lures when I am gone or where they will go when I am no longer able to potentially use them. I expect another angler will end up with them and never use them as well....and so on and so on. But I also expect that same angler will be in the store buying his own stock that will never get used. This is how we roll.

Chris - my wife doesn't understand but she has become accepting of "the issue".
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 12:53 PM

It's the way of the world!!! loco_2
Posted By: Todd™

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 02:38 PM

Subliminal messages.

Deric, buy Todd some new fishing gear.
Posted By: ZeroHour

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 07:39 PM

Can some of you just come over and start shopping on my pegboard and rod racks? Yall could leave with some big discounts LOL. I did this for 5-6 years and fished the opens etc...if you heard it worked once for a cousins brother you boght 10 of em....

I have a 100lb BOX of unopened softplastics that i dont think ill ever use... THESE are just the ones i cant fathom using now in this part of the country.

I have an 8x10 pegboard of unopened [censored] that I use.

40+ rods

Its a sickness...

and the sad part is i cant seem to sell the used rods at less than a third of retail lol
Posted By: Blakehock

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 08:49 PM

I feel your pain sir! I feel your pain....
Posted By: rawfish

Re: Why is it? - 04/10/14 09:33 PM

I've been all disciplined about not spending $5 on the new shiny lure. But then I saw that Hobie and discipline went out the window. Blew all those good savings and then some!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Why is it? - 04/11/14 03:38 PM

I'm going through massive spring cleaning and reorganization program with every lure I own displayed. Not spending a dime on stuff until I find out for sure I don't already have it somewhere. Not taking anything on kayak that I don't absolutely need. Getting back to more fishing and less shopping.

I do wish I'd bought more of the Riverside Mystic Minnows when Bass Pro was discontinuing them a few years ago. Down to just a couple of packs these days and have been saving them for special occasions. The snook would eat em when noting else worked.
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Why is it? - 04/12/14 01:51 AM

Anyone who feels they have too much gear, i have space at my facility. I wont charge you anything to drop it off hrer. fish
Posted By: Nutrarat

Re: Why is it? - 04/12/14 08:52 PM

It's just the remanence of woman in us.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum