Texas Fishing Forum

I know this is asking alot

Posted By: Aquiles

I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 01:27 AM

My first kayak , I want something I can use in creeks and lakes but also in the bay on South Padre . I want something that can carry at least two rods preferably lying down so they wont get caught up in low branches or bridges , somthing stable for a newby but still cool. Oh and not too expensive .suggestions please.
Posted By: CudaHawg12

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 02:07 AM

diablo paddles sports ADIOS. kinda expensive, but 10% off for TKFers at ACK. they also have a new one out, can't remember the name right now, its less expensive. perfect for creeks and rivers. even better for the marsh IMO. i have the adios for rivers and the bay. i use my jackson cuda for lakes and open water salt
Posted By: Bigdoon817

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 02:42 AM

I take my jackson cuda up creeks it has a lot of rod storage add a crate even more best yak I have ever owned people have said the cuda 12 is the Swiss army knif of kayaks but I like the 14
Posted By: readtrio

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 02:57 AM

I love my Cuda 14 too.
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 04:07 AM

Cuda 12 is where it's at maneuverable in tight spaces and throw a 250 paddle at it you can almost keep up with a 14 on open water
Posted By: Bass Art

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 06:05 AM

Perception Pescador. Great first kayak, paddles well, maneuverable enough for rivers and creeks, well made and well priced. The only drawback is it's only rated for about 350 lbs. I weigh 265, and with a crate and some gear I'm a pretty good load for it. If you weigh 210 or less, you should definitely check it out.
Posted By: Mark Ray

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 06:14 AM

cobra fishndive grin
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 10:51 AM

This sounds like its time for a santa cruz raptor. Its lighter and faster than most of the stable yaks and still is a standing yak. They start at $1100.
Posted By: Mark Ray

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 11:32 AM

of course the first thing to consider in the words of ol' Roy D: How big a boy are ya?
Posted By: JOED214

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 11:46 AM

^^^true story^^^
Posted By: redsoxnation

Re: I know this is asking alot - 02/26/14 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: readtrio
I love my Cuda 14 too.

X2 cheers
Posted By: formula462

Re: I know this is asking alot - 03/01/14 02:37 AM

Kinda disappointed that the Ride115 wasn't mentioned, prob what im going to buy tomorrow for same reasons as poster
Posted By: spiny norman

Re: I know this is asking alot - 03/01/14 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: formula462
Kinda disappointed that the Ride115 wasn't mentioned, prob what im going to buy tomorrow for same reasons as poster

If the OP is average size or bigger, the RIDE135 would be the better choice IMO.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: I know this is asking alot - 03/01/14 11:03 PM

and now there is the NEW Ocean Big Game II popcorn
Posted By: Big redneck

Re: I know this is asking alot - 03/04/14 06:01 AM

Originally Posted By: atx bassin
Cuda 12 is where it's at maneuverable in tight spaces and throw a 250 paddle at it you can almost keep up with a 14 on open water

Ha! Almost is the key word LOL!
But yes the Cuda 12 is great for the creeks and open water. I use the Cuda 14 and really had no issues in the creeks, it sure is sweet on the open water.
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: I know this is asking alot - 03/04/14 12:15 PM

Originally Posted By: Big redneck
Originally Posted By: atx bassin

Ha! Almost is the key word LOL!
But yes the Cuda 12 is great for the creeks and open water. I use the Cuda 14 and really had no issues in the creeks, it sure is sweet on the open water.
This guy is the almost keep up I was referring to,spent a lot of time studying the back of his Cuda 14
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum