Texas Fishing Forum

Quick question

Posted By: T.West

Quick question - 12/30/13 07:26 PM

I went out today and I noticed the drain holes in the back let in a lot of water and it gets the bottom of my gear wet what could I do to fix this
Posted By: Bigdoon817

Re: Quick question - 12/30/13 07:43 PM

Uh scupper plugs
Posted By: Kayak_and_Crossbones

Re: Quick question - 12/30/13 07:53 PM

Scupper plugs are the way to go. Inexpensive for the most part. You can pick up generic ones at Academy, or get something more brand specific at Mariner Sails or a place like it.
Posted By: PayneFish

Re: Quick question - 12/30/13 07:59 PM

if you are getting lots of water you should also see what the weight capacity is on your kayak. may need to lighten the load.
Posted By: Dougy

Re: Quick question - 12/30/13 10:11 PM

can also use foam floats
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Quick question - 12/30/13 11:59 PM

All scupper plugs are not equal and unless you have the ones made for your kayak you can go through several purchases before finding out which work best for your kayak.

http://kayakfishinggear.com/images/products/detail/ScupperHolePlugKit.png
If you have to guess, these work pretty good and are what I'm using now.

http://cdn-products.austinkayak.com/p_12457_700.jpg
These downright ....! If the titanic used scuppers these were the type. rolfmao Every type kayak is different so they might work well for yours, they don't work for me.
Posted By: redshad

Re: Quick question - 12/31/13 12:23 AM

T.West, if you will identify your make and model of kayak, there are several very knowledgeable people on here who can send you in the right direction and maybe even keep you from wasting some dollars.
Posted By: T.West

Re: Quick question - 12/31/13 12:36 AM

Pelican castaway
Posted By: redshad

Re: Quick question - 12/31/13 02:10 PM

T., Pelicans website says 250 pound capacity for your yak. Thats you plus all of gear , they also have a link to the scupper plugs for your yak. Hope this helps. If your like me, I bring way to much tackle and gear, I went with higher capacity kayak to allow for this and I am slowly learning to condense. Good Luck
Posted By: Neumie

Re: Quick question - 12/31/13 03:11 PM

Foam golf balls and string; Small Water.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum