Texas Fishing Forum

Kayak Colors

Posted By: lconn4

Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 02:53 PM

How much emphasis do you guys put in the color that a particular kayak comes in when choosing your kayak? Its always been important to me and is a dealbreaker in some instances. Glad to see so many new colors coming out and the way they are blending the colors gets better and better every year. Can't wait to see who is first to add glitter. One of the first colors that I was really impressed with was when Wildy made them in slate and before that Ocean Kayak had an aqua/white blend on its Scupper Pro.
Posted By: RealBigReel

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 03:25 PM

Everybody knows Yellow kayaks are the fastest.
Posted By: H.Town_paddler

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 03:34 PM

It's not that big of a deal to me. I don't really care for bright red but other than that I'm fine with any color. I agree that the new colors coming out are pretty cool.
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 03:42 PM

Deal breaker for me as well. While I'm aware of the safety issues by avoiding them, I'm not a fan of the solid bright colors. I really like some of the "camo" patterns, such as that new orange blend on the Lure that's coming out.

I went with Olive for my Outback so that duck hunting would be an option.

Gotta be paddling in style for the videos!! rolfmao
Posted By: g.a.gonzales

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 03:48 PM

Yellow kayaks don't absorb heat like other colors
Posted By: Aggroman

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 04:15 PM

I originally didn't want the normal colors for my sons new yak, but got a deal I couldn't pass on a new OK. So now we have another to add to the banana army. I do believe the yellow is a bit faster. laugh

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 04:29 PM

I like the blended yellows! rolfmao
Posted By: jboy

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 07:50 PM

Im too old to be swimmin and to young to die so Ill stick with what they can see. And my choice is yeller to.
Posted By: Texas River Yak

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 07:56 PM

White

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 07:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Texas River Yak
White

Me too! thumb
Posted By: Federale

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 08:24 PM

Wilderness Systems new Camo is just sick... A new T140 in Camo (not desert camo) is about the coolest looking boat I can think of. Can't imagine buying a new one in blue or some other solid when that is an option.
Posted By: Kayak_and_Crossbones

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 08:25 PM

When I picked up the Coosa, I had the choice between two used ones...both Black Widow color. The 2012 was literally going to be driving down the highway, a quarter mile from my house, on the way south and was 100.00 cheaper. The 2013 was in Austin. The color pattern on the '13 was a lot nicer....so I made the drive and paid the extra.

Now, when I pick up the Nucanoe this spring, it will be either bright green or bright yellow. I'd probably risk the lower visibility if it was just going to be me on the water, but the plan is to take the kiddo out with me. I want the higher vis.
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 08:30 PM

I really really like the "stone" or whatever the white Hobies are. My buddy Rex has an awesome white KC 12. While I think they look super clean... I can't imagine trying to keep those things looking reasonably clean.
Posted By: Dougy

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 10:22 PM

Its a big deal for me. Im waiting for Jim Martin to build a lime green SOT Raptor! might be waiting a while. Oh well, just the way I am!!
Posted By: PayneFish

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/21/13 10:27 PM

I have two lime colored Malibus and a yellow Cobra Tandem. Had a Blue Outback, Red Ultimate, Sand Fisherman Pro, Yellow Pelican, Pink OK Venus, Yellow Navigator and a Yellow Jacket Coosa. Color isn't that important to me I guess.

It does appear I have an addiction to kayaks though.
Posted By: Daveg99

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 02:29 AM

Yellow or or orange or a mixture of both is my favorite.
Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 02:36 AM

Yellow = barf

Green/Blue thumb
Posted By: Brady S

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 05:04 AM

Color is big for me. I love Jackson's color combos. You can even design your own and order it direct from the factory for an added cost. I actually designed their Black Widow color 3-4 years ago when the Coosa first came out because I wanted a black/red Texas Tech kayak!
Posted By: readtrio

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 06:59 AM

Yellow Jacket and Black Widow on our Cudas.
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: PayneFish
I have two lime colored Malibus and a yellow Cobra Tandem. Had a Blue Outback, Red Ultimate, Sand Fisherman Pro, Yellow Pelican, Pink OK Venus, Yellow Navigator and a Yellow Jacket Coosa. Color isn't that important to me I guess.

It does appear I have an addiction to kayaks though.

lol you don't say... rolfmao

But do you have a favorite Payne?

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Brady S
Color is big for me. I love Jackson's color combos. You can even design your own and order it direct from the factory for an added cost. I actually designed their Black Widow color 3-4 years ago when the Coosa first came out because I wanted a black/red Texas Tech kayak!

I saw that color on the Big Tuna when it first came out and was really blown away by the kayak and the color. thumb
Posted By: Neumie

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 04:00 PM

I have two blue and one mango. Color doesn't really matter to me, unless I ever planned on duck hunting from one then I'd want more neutral colors.

Question for you guys with white kayaks, is it not somewhat blinding when in the sunlight?
Posted By: soapy

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 06:22 PM

I have a white Perception Swing and have never noticed a "blinding" issue. I bought white because I felt it would be cooler.
Posted By: BKT

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 09:18 PM

I have to solid red ones cause that was the only color the store had
Posted By: RogerB

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/22/13 10:36 PM

Originally Posted By: RealBigReel
Everybody knows Yellow kayaks are the fastest.

I thought yellow was for distance.....not speed.
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/23/13 12:07 AM

If only Red/White/Blue with white star you'd be a BOSS

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/23/13 06:25 AM

Originally Posted By: soapy
I have a white Perception Swing and have never noticed a "blinding" issue. I bought white because I felt it would be cooler.

White kayaks are cooler, and they don't get as hot either! cheers rolfmao

This was the last time mine was white...about a year ago.
Posted By: Striper Lifer

Re: Kayak Colors - 11/23/13 12:09 PM

I like white too. Yours is sharp Lois. So is that KC that Joe has. I really like that one. My PA is "Dune"... Or at least part of it is... I like the bright white better.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum