Texas Fishing Forum

Another Great Day Fishing

Posted By: Aggroman

Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 05:32 AM

I had an amazing day on the water. Went down to the South Concho near San Angelo and dropped in about 8:30 this morning. The colors were amazing, the fishing was awesome, and there was absolutely no wind for once. It seemed the fall colors around here were going to be green through the rest of the year, but they finally started to turn.

The bass were tearing it up today. In total was well over 20 in just a few hours. I think part of the reason was I was able to fish a lot of the stretches harder because I wasn't trying to battle the wind the whole time. I usually skip the big, wide sections while in the yak. There isn't a whole lot of things that gets my blood boiling like...cast, adjust, adjust, cast, [censored], adjust, birdnest, [censored], adjust, tree, ADJUST. Story of my life.

Of course not all were worthy of fist bumping into the sunset, but they were fun none the less, even the itty bitty ones.

Just another great day on the water. It's only been a week since the Pecos River and i'm already out yakkin' again. My poor muscles think i've gone crazy.
Here are a couple more from today...

Thanks for coming along,
Scott

If you get bored I have the full trip report and a lot more photos here.....http://www.scentofafisherman.com/2013/11/a-change-of-seasons.html
Posted By: Grease Bath

Re: Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 05:54 AM

Great pics, thanks for sharing!
Posted By: District Paddle

Re: Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 06:48 AM

Proper report.

Thanks for sharing. Really great pics.
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 11:09 AM

Great looking area.
Posted By: JOED214

Re: Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 11:49 AM

Nice pics! cheers
Posted By: CanadiYak

Re: Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 12:29 PM

Very cool that place looks beautiful
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 04:17 PM

cheers Haven't seen the Concho in 35 years! Lots of great pictures. I love that first one! thumb
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 04:46 PM

Enjoyed it. thumb
Posted By: Aggroman

Re: Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 05:00 PM

Thanks guys. In the first pic you can see why I put the fly rod down. I caught just about every limb and lost 3 flies in about 10 minutes. eek laugh
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Another Great Day Fishing - 11/19/13 05:03 PM

Excellent stuff man. Gorgeous place.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum