Texas Fishing Forum

Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing

Posted By: Yak FinAddic

Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 08:37 PM

I will be available to wet a line most of the time between 8/2-8/11. Anybody have plans? Anyone want to get into some action? Let me know if you want to split a cabin or maybe the cost of fuel on a salty outing... At this point I am not opposed to anything, so let's get something going ;-)
Posted By: a lo109

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 08:51 PM

Lucky you. My wife is going to have me painting the interior of our house for vacation..fun,fun. Hope you get into some good fish.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 09:03 PM

Originally Posted By: a lo109
Lucky you. My wife is going to have me painting the interior of our house for vacation..fun,fun. Hope you get into some good fish.

Ouch!! wife Gotta keep Mama happy. Well give me a hollar if you get anytime away to wet a line. Maybe a little night time drifting for some Lavon kitties
Posted By: AeroAgg06

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 09:14 PM

If you end up at cooper or something I may join you for a weekend. Second half of that may be better for me though

Would be bringing the rib with me

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 09:22 PM

Ribs?? Heck yeah ;-)

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 09:27 PM

Really though If we do head out to Cooper I want to go ahead and make reservations ASAP so let me know if you are interested. We all had a great time last time so lets do it again...

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 09:47 PM

Looks like Lee and I are in for 8/2-8/4 at Cooper. Let us know if you want to room with us. We are aiming for Cabin #1 again bc that was a sweet setup with easy access to the water.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 10:14 PM

Dang it!! Looks like there is another Greenie Tourney on that day. This time it will be at Fork. That one would be a blast as a first tourney. Great chance to get on some hawgs and meet a whole bunch of great kayakers... Decisions, decisions...
Posted By: TexanClay

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 10:39 PM

I will be out at cooper 8/2-8/4. If y'all decide to go Holler at me would love to meet up with a couple more kayakers

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: TexanClay
I will be out at cooper 8/2-8/4. If y'all decide to go Holler at me would love to meet up with a couple more kayakers

Cool man. Are you guys staying in the cabins?
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 11:09 PM

Dang man I need a gig like that! If I had any vacation it would be at the beach. Great luck on what ever adventure you get.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 11:15 PM

Well originally it s just going to be me, I was just going to tent it... but If you are interested I certainly wouldn't mind splitting the cost to soak in some nice A/C. Looks like they still had some cabins available when i checked yesterday.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: christian myrick
Dang man I need a gig like that! If I had any vacation it would be at the beach. Great luck on what ever adventure you get.

I don't know Christian, retail has some perks but I bet it is a pita that most would pass on. If I didn't have a family that depended on me I sure would like a change. My wife and some of her family are headed to Galveston for a girl's weekend but I sure am considering inviting myself and the yak ;-) Thanks for the well wishes and let me know if you guys get any plans going that week or following weekend.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/25/13 11:41 PM

Well originally it s just going to be me, I was just going to tent it... but If you are interested I certainly wouldn't mind splitting the cost to soak in some nice A/C. Looks like they still had some cabins available when i checked yesterday.
I might be down for that. I called earlier and they said 7 of the 12 cabins were still free. If we can get a couple more sure roomies I could setup the reservations in the morning.
Posted By: APynckel

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 12:06 AM

I am tempted, but I would have to cast aside the Fork tournament.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 12:11 AM

I'm really hoping for my first hybrid this trip! I've been out a couple times but only managed sandies and cats

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: APynckel
I am tempted, but I would have to cast aside the Fork tournament.
you know you want to. It would be possible to do both...

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 12:28 AM

I'm really hoping for my first hybrid this trip! I've been out a couple times but only managed sandies and cats
First Hybie ever, or out of Cooper?

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 12:41 AM

Sadly.... Ever! I would go to fork tournament but I would feel terrible for whoever drew my name.... Still have so much to learn.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 12:55 AM

Sadly.... Ever! I would go to fork tournament but I would feel terrible for whoever drew my name.... Still have so much to learn.

+1
I have been out of the greenie game too long. I don't care how much I have invested in my yak and electronics, I would not want to cause someone else to fail just bc I wasn't on my game.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 12:57 AM

Sadly.... Ever!

Isn't LL in your back yard? That is some good hybie water right there

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 01:03 AM

I might have to come back to cooper again then.
Posted By: shadboy

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 01:06 AM

Texan

When you go to coop find a hump. Slab it and if there are any sandies stay there.
Put a 1/2 or 3/4 ounce jig head like Moe has and put a 4 inch sassy shad on. Mark the hump and back off 50-60 ft. Throw the sassy to hump and let sink to bottom on open bail.

Then do a lift and drop technique like Dennis Christian does with Mepps. Work the top and all sides of humps and you got a pretty good shot of catching a hib.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 01:12 AM

I've never caught one either frown

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 01:14 AM

Yea I'm all of 2 minutes from lew... I really need to fish it more often

Thanks for the advice shad... Ill definitely use it!

My cousin runs the Cooper Lake WMA and he has given me some solid tips as well, hoping I can pull one in this trip!
Posted By: a lo109

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 01:23 AM

8/2 - 8/4 I might be able to join you guys. Let me do some checking.
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 01:39 AM

You should come fish the Bluewater Kayak Classic man... next weekend.

If not, that's my finals week, but 8/11 I'm down to go anywhere.
Posted By: AeroAgg06

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 11:34 AM

8/9-8/11 i would be 100% down for Cooper (still gotta talk to the wife to make suer whe didn't have plans already, but i can't think of any)

8/2-8/4 I would be a maybe. It will depend on when i get back from Alabama. If i don't get back until Friday evening, it would kinda ruin that weekend for me

lemme know what y'all are thinking

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 05:04 PM

So who is in for sure?
8/2-8/4 Cooper Lake...

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 05:28 PM

If you can delay this, Adrian, I would be down for 8/9-8/11 as well. Gives us time to plan the trip a bit more too.
Posted By: lipjerk

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 05:57 PM

I may be, never fished Cooper but did a search on here about it. Seems to be a good sandie/cat lake with the occasional hybrid. I was actually thinking of going to Texoma to chase striper that weekend. I dunno what I will do just yet, but I will be on the water somewhere.
Posted By: YakFishField

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 06:01 PM

I'll meet up with y'all wherever you are on 8/11. I have an exam on 8/10.

Yes, you read that right. My professor schedule a graduate Private Equity Valuations exam on a SATURDAY NIGHT at 8:00 PM. This class is being taught by Satan himself, apparently.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 06:16 PM

I will definitely be at cooper 8/2-8/4

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 07:22 PM

Ok so looks like right now it is just myself, Lee and TexanClay for 8/2-8/4. I am hesitant on booking bc I would prefer to at least split the cost into 4. Please let me know ASAP...
Posted By: awdieee

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 07:32 PM

I'm good to go. Can't make it next weekend though. Finalize the details and shoot me a text.

Maybe less drinking and more fishing this time. wink

Lee

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 07:38 PM

Don't they have screened shelters with ac for $35 plus tax a night?

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 07:50 PM

Do the shelters have a/c?

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/26/13 07:56 PM

Yea I believe some do... Ill call here in a little bit an find out

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/27/13 04:10 PM

I have reserved a screened shelter with A/C at th doctors creek unit. It looks like most shelters are waterfront. There are 2 bunk beds so 4 people would have a bed, and I think they may all already be accounted for. However, it says you an have up to 8 people in the site. So anyone else that wants to come there is room, they would just have to bring a cot or sleep on floor. Should be a lot of fun guys, looking forward to it

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/27/13 11:48 PM

I am leaning more towards joining yall.

Re: Gotta burn some more Vacation, lets go fishing - 07/28/13 12:37 AM

Sounds good Andy. I am going to start a separate thread to clean up all the details for the Cooper trip...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum