Texas Fishing Forum

does this storage method look good to you?

Posted By: Federale

does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 04:07 PM

Suggestions for improvement are welcome. I like the idea of just being able to lower it right onto my vehicles roof rack, strap and go. The pulleys are attached to studs with lag screws.

Posted By: Neumie

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 04:09 PM

Yup.
Posted By: RogerB

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 04:18 PM

Nice design. I like the 4 pulley set up so each end lowers/raises at the same rate and since you are car-topping, you've cut your loading/unloading by 50%. excellent work.

That front strap isn't deforming your bow hatch is it? CUrious - what do the ends tie off to?

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 04:36 PM

the front strap runs behind the lip of the bow hatch so it isn't going over it. I think the harness strap and the hatch strap kind of run together in the pic making it look like the same strap.

The line starts tied off to a lag screw eye, runs through the five pulles and then i tie it off to a cleat screwed into the wall.
Posted By: wh2004

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 04:38 PM

I like it.

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 04:44 PM

I was storing the yak hull down on a couple of styrofoam ice chests but as it got hot i noticed the hull start to concave a bit were it was resting on the styrofoam. That spot popped itself out pretty quickly once I rectified the problem. THis method seems like even less support but everything I have read says as long as it is upside down it should be fine. I dont have the room right now for J hooks or I may have went that route.
Posted By: PatchesMark

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 04:49 PM

Looks like you have a good system, gets you ready to go in short time !
Posted By: APynckel

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 04:50 PM

That's fantastic. I'm going to copy you laugh
Posted By: Slingbait

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 04:51 PM

I like it. I may try to do the same. Thanks
Posted By: TeamHeineken

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 06:26 PM

Have been considering the same set up, but could never find the right pulleys. Where did you find the flush mount pulleys on the ceiling?
Posted By: AeroAgg06

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 08:08 PM

As long as you are in studs on the pulleys it is a great design.

Only have to lift half the weight, plus an even pull on both sides make it a big plus

Re: does this storage method look good to you? - 06/14/13 09:19 PM

You can get these pulleys at lowes. They work perfect with a 1/4" rope. I like the flush mounts to. I needed it to hug the ceiling as close ad it could so that my garage door clears it when opened.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum