Texas Fishing Forum

Mounting transducer

Posted By: RogerB

Mounting transducer - 05/27/13 02:00 AM

I believe I am going to use the "duct seal" method on my transducer. Any thoughts, experiences, suggestions?
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Mounting transducer - 08/08/13 01:59 AM

There are some good videos on you tube for that. Make sure you get all the bubbles out.
Posted By: flyfishedwhipped

Re: Mounting transducer - 08/08/13 02:33 AM

Plumbers putty works better in my opinion
Posted By: Striper Lifer

Re: Mounting transducer - 08/08/13 04:17 AM

Aggie wrote a miniseries about that back in Feb or so.... Read that first so you know what not to do...

JK Bobby, but it was entertaining!
Posted By: Native Sooner

Re: Mounting transducer - 08/08/13 06:30 AM

I use the duct seal well on mine and it works fine for me. Just add a little water at the dock and you're ready to go.
Posted By: CanadiYak

Re: Mounting transducer - 08/08/13 10:23 AM

+1 on the duct seal
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Mounting transducer - 08/08/13 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: flyfishedwhipped
Plumbers putty works better in my opinion

Duct seal is plumbers putty. I used that method for ahwile. It does work fine but it can become a mess. I finally broke down and paid $60 for a ram mount transducer arm kit from Hook1. Best money I have ever spent rigging my boat(besides the ff itself of course) Puts the transducer directly in the water (accurate readings for everything temp and depth) and it is easily tucked out of the way or removed if I don't need it.
I'm just speaking from experience. Ive gone the cheap route with the duct seal and it worked fine for awhile but it just wasn't cutting it. If you can spare the $60 I highly reccomend getting one of those transducer deployment arm kits. Mine mounts with a ram ball and swings easliy over the side or up and out of the way. love it!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum