Texas Fishing Forum

Bite was hot...5-25

Posted By: AcousticTennis

Bite was hot...5-25 - 05/26/13 08:16 PM

Launched late yesterday around 8P.M.

The special guest was Jesse Sandoval from Fish-a-holic lures/TV

Around 830 I get to location and set up and it didnt take long to bend a rod

and the drum started to stack up...

Jesse and Joe finally made it out around 10P.M. and I greeted them with a limit of BlackDrum and hooked up on a 28" tournament red...

Soon they get in on the action and I follow suit with another solid red at 29"

around 1:30 we started to hear bait getting busted up so i went to investigate ..when i got closer i saw a 15x15 yard pod of upper slot and oversized redfish...

my first cast got hit and spit causing them to split up...i kept after em hooking up and losing a trout while blind casting...i find another red alone busting up bait ..cast twitch BAM its on...aaand its off...oh well...

I get back to jesse to tell them whats up while hes reeling in his own red....here he i later in the night taking it for a walk...

After a while we found out that the reds were eating small pin fish as they were throwing them up and some pins were washing up dead or dazed...

the flats are LOADED with bait right now we had shrimp jumping in the kayaks most of the night...

We finished the night with another red and called it a successful trip with good friends.....

Fishbites on the bottom in 1-2 feet of water over grass and just outside oyster beds....

Till Next Time...
Life is Good...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum