Texas Fishing Forum

South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7

Posted By: mbole11

South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7 - 05/08/13 02:43 PM

Fished South Lake in Farmersville yesterday and did pretty good. 6 fish, 3 keepers. 3 were caught on a topwater Pop-r and 3 were caught on square bill crank bait (SK 1.5). I didn't get to make it out to the NTKBF Benbrook tourney last weekend, but I had planned to so I went ahead and bought a square bill for the lure pot. Never fished with one before, but they are perfect for this shallow lake.

This lake will soon be a Topwater paradise as the fish were exploding on the top from about Sunset to Dark.

Pictures:

Re: South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7 - 05/08/13 03:08 PM

By the way. I know that the bass in pic 4 was not a keeper. That was kind of confusing the way I worded it. I didn't get a pic of my 3rd keeper since I caught it when it was too dark for a good pic on my phone. Also, I didn't actually keep any of these.
Posted By: Rod_763

Re: South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7 - 05/08/13 03:10 PM

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. Looks like it may have lily pads...topwater frog could be fun.
Posted By: jtbgator

Re: South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7 - 05/08/13 03:23 PM

Awesome report!! I love that little lake. I might have to head that way this Sunday. Nice farmers tan in the last pic! rolfmao
Posted By: CanadiYak

Re: South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7 - 05/08/13 03:53 PM

Nice job I love that lake sounds like a great place for a GTG
Posted By: gutcheck

Re: South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7 - 05/08/13 04:35 PM

Nice job... I caught some fish on a frog back in march but top water has been slow for me since.... Looking forward to it picking up like it was for you...

That's a neat little lake...
Posted By: PatchesMark

Re: South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7 - 05/08/13 05:02 PM

So how do we get to South Lake in Farmersville ? My rod & Yak are ready!

Re: South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7 - 05/08/13 06:19 PM

Real easy from McKinney...
Head down 380 until you get to to Farmersville. Go over the 78 Underpass and run right onto Main Street (bridge is currently under construction so be careful). Then left onto CR 648/Old Josephine Road. Go about a mile and it'll be on your left.

http://goo.gl/maps/SG5w9

Re: South Lake, Farmersville - 5/7 - 05/08/13 06:20 PM

Originally Posted By: jtbgator
Nice farmers tan in the last pic! rolfmao

Not bad for the beginning of May!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum