Texas Fishing Forum

in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand)

Posted By: General Jigs

in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand) - 04/30/13 06:12 PM

as the title states. i am finding tons of it in 100' rolls for 45 bucks but i only need 15' so maybe someone has some leftovers they can sell me or knows where to buy locally by the foot.

like this

http://www.amazon.com/Ancor-Marine-Electrical-Tinned-2-Cable/dp/B000QD7MU2/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_3
Posted By: firedog79

Re: in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand) - 04/30/13 09:34 PM

check out http://genuinedealz.com/

I just rewired my jon boat and ordered all the wire from them. Best prices I could find and got it pretty quick. I have no connection with them just used them once and had a good experience. Hope that helps.
Posted By: Fishgutz

Re: in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand) - 04/30/13 10:36 PM

Have you tried a boat dealership or boat repair shop? No idea if they would have that but worth a shot. Good luck!

Re: in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand) - 04/30/13 11:23 PM

went up to a marine shop on the north side of lake worth today to buy some 'tinned 16 gauge wire' they sold 14g copper wire. not to happy about that because they told me over the phone they had 'tinned 16 gauge 2 strand wire' but i guess it will do for now.

Re: in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand) - 04/30/13 11:36 PM

Electrical supply shop maybe? Glad you got something to work for now at least.

Re: in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand) - 04/30/13 11:42 PM

yeah hope to get it all put together by saturday. another issue is the dry box i received in the mail today is missing one of the clips to lock the lid :-( time to look for a replacement and send it back.

Re: in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand) - 05/01/13 12:48 AM

If the box is for the battery you can put it in a small dry bag for the time being. I did that for a while and it worked fine. I used bungees inside the hull to secure it. Also you can set it in a tupperware container to help
Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand) - 05/01/13 01:12 AM

nuts and bolts hardware or ace hardware in arlington sells by the foot.

Re: in need of 16 gauge tinned wire (2 strand) - 05/01/13 12:59 PM

btw that genuindealz site has some great prices!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum