Texas Fishing Forum

Kayak fishing Guide?

Posted By: Joseph Starr

Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/04/13 04:43 AM

Hey there, Looking to try out some Kayak fishing. Maybe kayak, to wade fishing, or deeper water kayak fishing? Either way, are their kayak fishing guides out there? My brother and I are interested in trying out some kayak fishing, before committing to purchasing kayaks. Thanks!

Posted By: Mark Ray

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/04/13 05:00 AM

where are you located?
Posted By: Federale

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/04/13 05:06 AM

Good recommendations on this thread a couple of days ago...

http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8778199/kayak_fishing_guides#Post8778199

Shane Davies is the go to River guide. As M@R mentioned it depends we're you are located. More options on the coast. Don't know of any reputable guides operating on a lake.
Posted By: yakintime

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/04/13 04:26 PM

Shane is a great option if you're in his area
shane@shanedaviesguide.com

FYI - He's on a guide trip this weekend.
Posted By: Shaun Russell

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/04/13 04:38 PM

Where are y'all located?
Posted By: TenTex

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/04/13 11:34 PM

If you want to try the Coastal Area especially Aransas Pass then try Slowride Guide Services. Dean Thomas is the man there and his wife Jennifer is great also. Dean was voted #3 in the states by a fishing service this past year. He also runs the Texas Kayak fishing school. It is a 3 day school that also gives you 2 days with him on the water. He also rents Kayaks. I took his class last Oct. and it is great.
Posted By: haleisback

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/05/13 12:35 AM

i asked this question a few days ago,heres the link
http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/8778199/kayak_fishing_guides#Post8778199

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/05/13 04:46 AM

sorry for that, I thought my profile had said Houston, but obviously not. Houston area though. TenTex, thanks for the tip, thats a bit out of my area, but might be worth a trip for a couples days.

Thanks rmiller and haleiback, I will review those, I probably should of searched better first. Dont use the kayak forum a lot.

Anyway though to clarify, Looking for Houston area, but that can easily include any bays by Galveston, Surfside, even down to Matagorda I wouldn't mind.

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/05/13 04:49 AM

Thanks for the Shane Davies tip too, I pulled up his webpage. Great looking page!

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/05/13 04:54 AM

haleisback, did you choose a guide?
Posted By: haleisback

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/06/13 03:02 AM

for now i'm going with rick spillman,he's close and i've never fished saltwater before so maybe i'll learn a few things.
i'm going to wait untill i get my own kayak though.

Re: Kayak fishing Guide? - 04/08/13 12:19 PM

I think that is who we are going to go with as well, I just shot him an email this morning. Just curious and maybe I will find out soon in a reply, does the price not include the yak? Or do you just want to wait to have your own to use? Anyway, enjoy, thanks for the tips!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum