Texas Fishing Forum

Hey Jackson Guys - Coosa Or Cuda For Saltwater Inshore

Posted By: Will Norvell

Hey Jackson Guys - Coosa Or Cuda For Saltwater Inshore - 07/31/12 03:51 AM

Will one be as good as the other? I'm assuming the normal stuff applies....

Cuda = Faster and better tracking

Coosa = More stable

I'm leaning towards the Cuda because of the way the wind pushes the Coosa around, but wanted to hear input.

Posted By: Brady S

Re: Hey Jackson Guys - Coosa Or Cuda For Saltwater Inshore - 07/31/12 04:36 AM

The new Cuda 12 might turn out to be a great boat. You get all the fishing features of the Cuda 14 but in a shorter boat, sounds like a great deal to me, can't wait to test drive one in a month or so when they come out.

As far as stability goes, I guess you really have to evaluate your fishing style and think about how much you are actually going to stand and fish.

Brady

Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: Hey Jackson Guys - Coosa Or Cuda For Saltwater Inshore - 07/31/12 05:14 PM

Cuda hands down. The Coosa is just not the yak for any wind. You'll have all the stability plus the length and tracking. You have both just take one of each!!!

Posted By: TheCraftsman

Re: Hey Jackson Guys - Coosa Or Cuda For Saltwater Inshore - 07/31/12 06:22 PM

I would say Cuda for sure, but that's just my opinion. Brady is right, the Cuda 12 might be more versatile for you, but also think about the Big Tuna. It is very stable and relatively fast. Plus you have to option of adding a seat if anyone ever wants to go out with you.

Posted By: Palovik

Re: Hey Jackson Guys - Coosa Or Cuda For Saltwater Inshore - 07/31/12 06:27 PM

The Big Tuna, is growing on me a lot, this boat paddles really nice, has a lot of room and I mean a lot. But would need a little more information

How far are you going to paddle greater than 1 - 2 miles would go wtih the Cuda, less than a mile Coosa or Tuna.

Would also agree on the Cuda 12, want to see this kayak for myself but this may be a good fit for a lot of things.

Posted By: RoadBlock

Re: Hey Jackson Guys - Coosa Or Cuda For Saltwater Inshore - 07/31/12 07:52 PM

Tuna, all the way, even on a long paddle she's a beaut.

Posted By: Will Norvell

Re: Hey Jackson Guys - Coosa Or Cuda For Saltwater Inshore - 07/31/12 09:06 PM

You boys are SOOOO ahead of me. cool

I was talking about for this weekend. I'm going to the coast and was trying to decide which of my boats to take.

Once I get a Tuna, I'll be using it primarily on the coast (unless I like the Cuda 12 better!)

Thanks for all the input. Think I'm giving the Cuda the nod for this trip.

Posted By: Nocona Brian

Re: Hey Jackson Guys - Coosa Or Cuda For Saltwater Inshore - 08/01/12 02:31 AM

I want one of those new Cudas so bad, I think that will fix my "problem" the wind has on the Coosa, if you can call it a problem.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum