Texas Fishing Forum

San Marcos River today

Posted By: Just Fish

San Marcos River today - 10/31/11 02:14 AM

Great trip, caught a lot of fish.
I hooked a fish today that pulled me in my kayak upstream turning me twice while diving under the kayak. I fought this fish for a good five minutes trying to keep it out of the trees until it happened and I had to pull free. I had 65lb braid on and could not turn the fish.
After coming loose I inspected my hook and it had a scale larger than a quarter on it so I figured that I must have hooked a huge alligator gar. What a rush.
http://texasflyfishingadventures.blogspot.com/2011/10/san-marcos-river-on-eve-of-halloween.html

Posted By: HERROUTDOORS

Re: San Marcos River today - 10/31/11 02:42 AM

Great report, I have always wanted to fish the san marcos.

Posted By: District Paddle

Re: San Marcos River today - 10/31/11 05:00 AM

Awesome report.

I am planning a quick trip to the hill country sometime this next spring. We should try to meet up. I would love to hit the San Marcos (and possibly some of my old haunts on the Blanco).

Re: San Marcos River today - 10/31/11 08:45 PM

Originally Posted By: District Paddle
Awesome report.

I am planning a quick trip to the hill country sometime this next spring. We should try to meet up. I would love to hit the San Marcos (and possibly some of my old haunts on the Blanco).

Dean, if I'm able to fish when you're in town just let me know and we can hit up the Guad. The Blanco will need a lot of rain before you get on it again.

Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: San Marcos River today - 11/01/11 12:39 AM

Where did you put in at? Was thinking about a
short trip out past town, been years since i have
been.

Re: San Marcos River today - 11/01/11 01:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Hogflyer
Where did you put in at? Was thinking about a
short trip out past town, been years since i have
been.

Spencers Canoe in Martindale

Posted By: Msaxatilis

Re: San Marcos River today - 11/02/11 03:01 AM

Just Fish: Thanks for the report and pics. I find time each week to visit your blog site and look forward to each new entry. Good Job!

M.s

Re: San Marcos River today - 11/02/11 06:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Msaxatilis
Just Fish: Thanks for the report and pics. I find time each week to visit your blog site and look forward to each new entry. Good Job!

M.s

Appreciate you taking the time to read it. Its all new to me and is fun to do. It really makes it a lot easier than doing individual ones for each site that I visit.

Thanks,
Robert

Posted By: Fish ZoMbiE

Re: San Marcos River today - 11/02/11 11:41 PM

thumb

Posted By: Hogflyer

Re: San Marcos River today - 11/03/11 11:46 PM

Thanks for the update, im off next friday, may
hit the river then, weather pending.

cheers!

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum