Texas Fishing Forum

Naconiche 8/6/22

Posted By: lconn4

Naconiche 8/6/22 - 08/07/22 05:54 PM

Nice day to be on the water for a change.. partly cloudy with a breeze and water temps 87.

[Linked Image]

Pleasant surprise to see the kayak launch area has been improved tremendously! Before it had no gravel and the bank had the muckiest bottom with the nastiest black slimey stuff that you had to wade through to launch.. Much wider to launch from, drive down to unload, and deep enough at edge of gravel that I got in kayak without even getting my shoes wet! cheers

[Linked Image]

Tough day of fishing as it’s been for me the last few times out. Caught 7 on 7 bites all day.. nothing over three pounds.. caught 4 on 5xd, 1 on 6xd, 1 on square bill, and one on senko type bait. Must of paddled 6 or 7 miles.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Never got bit on swimbait, topwater, jackhammer, spinnerbait .. only two fish caught shallow.. 4 feet of water, the rest were in 12 to 15 on steep banks that dropped off to 20. Never saw any schooling bass which was a first.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Naconiche 8/6/22 - 08/07/22 06:55 PM

Nice! Really like the new and improved launch area.
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Naconiche 8/6/22 - 08/07/22 08:08 PM

really great photos
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Naconiche 8/6/22 - 08/08/22 03:42 AM

coolphotos Solid post and fish. Thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: blackNblue_NTX

Re: Naconiche 8/6/22 - 08/08/22 02:09 PM

Nice!

Re: Naconiche 8/6/22 - 08/28/22 02:25 PM

Went back to Naconiche yesterday, 8/27.. same old story. Set alarm for 3:00 a.m. turn off alarm and go back to sleep. bang woke back up around 5:30 and hit the road.

[Linked Image]
Parking lot was full,

Figured it was going to be tough with no wind.. fished my way to the bridge and catch a few small ones on small savage gear 3 d baitfish.. the tiny one. No bites on 5xd or square bill.. lots of small schools of fish coming through all headed south.. nothing under them.

[Linked Image]
Water much more stained than the south end and hardly any birds. Wishing I’d gone the other way but already committed.

[image]https://texasfishingforum.com/forum...ec7b2c2_2449_4328_b6e1_8e27a261548b.jpeg[/img]

Had planned to hop the floating boom but there was so many logs up against it that I worried I might get stuck.. this one didn’t look like anyone had been over it.. much higher in the water than most. I checked from one end to the other.

[Linked Image]

Damn that other side looked good! roflmao

Went to a senko and started tearing them up.

[Linked Image]

All small but caught a lot and gained new respect for the bait.. hate fishing them, especially when they have to be dead sticked. Went though a whole bag of them and then whatever piece of plastic I had handy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Glad the dog days of august are almost over.
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Naconiche 8/6/22 - 08/28/22 06:04 PM

Beautiful Scenery & very informative post! Good Job Captn! thumb
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Naconiche 8/6/22 - 08/29/22 11:19 PM

0300 comes early now a daze

Re: Naconiche 8/6/22 - 08/30/22 03:16 AM

Originally Posted by butch sanders
0300 comes early now a daze

I wanted to see what fishing is like before the sun comes up... haven't done it in years. Just can't get up that early when I stay up until 1 a.m. every night.
bang
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum