Texas Fishing Forum

Feelfree Moken 10

Posted By: Kevin R.

Feelfree Moken 10 - 07/07/22 04:53 PM

Does anyone have one of these? I'm thinking of getting one but looking for real world input.
Posted By: Will.i.am

Re: Feelfree Moken 10 - 07/08/22 06:44 PM

I sale more 12's than 10's but very nice boats for the price.. What concerns did ya have?

Re: Feelfree Moken 10 - 07/09/22 01:00 AM

Main thing is stability while standing and casting. I have bad knees and I'm afraid that sitting down for long times may hurt me. I have watched many videos on different ones and now have a few I want to look at. One is the feel free lure, it seems like the seat will raise up pretty good. Also the bonafide ss107, but it just above what I wanted to spend at $1500. I know most say the 12fts are better but my space is limited and I plan on just smaller state park lakes and such.
Posted By: Mike@972

Re: Feelfree Moken 10 - 07/10/22 04:04 AM

If standing is a deal-breaker, you should stay away from 10' kayaks. I'm sure they are convenient to haul and launch, but they will not track well and will not be stable enough to stand on anything other than "glass" water.
Posted By: BigLeslie

Re: Feelfree Moken 10 - 07/10/22 04:07 PM

I have leg issues too, thought the wheel on the keel these have would make it a little easier to manage at least loading and unloading. Didn’t realize it was still too heavy and cumbersome for me to manage alone and the wheel makes them slide away when unloading on hard surfaces e,g. boat ramps, so I didn’t keep it. Never got it on the water. That was just the 10ft. I went back to a pond raider.

Re: Feelfree Moken 10 - 08/28/22 09:43 PM

Well after weeks of searching and tons of review videos, looking and trying I picked up my new feelfree lure 10V2 in Ocean blue from the shop in Dallas. I went out today and spent 2 hrs just paddling and then trying differnt ways of getting back in after a fall, turning the boat over while in deep water and differnt sitting positions and setups with rods and such. Then I spent a few hours fishing from it. I can stand and fish but you have to have good balance with it. I need to spend more time and get more accessories for it. It was pretty windy today and I got a heck of a workout!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Feelfree Moken 10 - 08/28/22 11:21 PM

Now that's the proper way to start out on a new kayak! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum