Texas Fishing Forum

Coleto Creek

Posted By: Lmgreeri

Coleto Creek - 05/10/22 03:18 AM

Hadn't been in a long time (I don't go much since they killed the grass in the lake) but decided to go see how it's shaping up.
Got there about 9am, had camp up by 10 and on the water. Beautiful camp area.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Mild wind but growing stronger. Started catching fish right away and it just kept on going. Caught over 20 bass by 2pm and decided to catch some shade.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Popped out for some night fishing.

[Linked Image]

Got up early Sunday and picked up right where we left off with a hot bite. Today we fished mainly timber in 3-9 feet with YUM Wooly Hawgtails and 6th Sense square bills.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Wind really started picking up after noon hour so we decided to head back. Found a cute hognose swimming across the cove as we were leaving and said hello. He did his best Texas cobra impersonation.

[Linked Image]

I can't wait to go back again soon. bannana2
Posted By: Bayou Burner

Re: Coleto Creek - 05/16/22 05:50 PM

Thanks for posting-I’ve been thinking about heading out there to camp soon, and bring the yaks.
Posted By: Jezreel

Re: Coleto Creek - 05/16/22 10:59 PM

Why the heck are you holding that copperhead?!?!? You daft or somethin’? ? ? scared scared scared I run the opposite direction when I see those.
Posted By: Lmgreeri

Re: Coleto Creek - 05/16/22 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jezreel
Why the heck are you holding that copperhead?!?!? You daft or somethin’? ? ? scared scared scared I run the opposite direction when I see those.

It's not a copperhead. I thought it was a juvenile cottonmouth when I first saw it swimming across the cove. As I peddled closer though I realized it was a harmless (unless you are a toad) hognose snake.
Posted By: Jezreel

Re: Coleto Creek - 05/21/22 02:07 AM

Whew! ! ! I thought you were another Steve Irwin. Un-afraid of all the scary animals. Great pic.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum