[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

As bad as the fishing was the first day, it was as good the second. Got my snook, redfish, tarpon slam and tangled with a couple of much bigger tarpon. Visited friends today, back to fishing tomorrow.
Posted By: PowerLizard

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/19/21 02:42 AM

Are you camping in the park or driving in daily?
Are you using the Savage Gear Bait Fish Straight Tail?
Stay safe and avoid those alligator speed bumps.
Posted By: El_Tortuga

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/19/21 02:55 AM

Awesome share. Tight lines!!!
Posted By: lconn4

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/19/21 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by PowerLizard
Are you camping in the park or driving in daily?
Are you using the Savage Gear Bait Fish Straight Tail?
Stay safe and avoid those alligator speed bumps.

I bring a backpack tent every year and never use it. It seems like a good until I get here. Mosquitoes were unbelievable the first morning.. no seeums too. Staying in Homestead/Florida City and making the 50 mile drive to ramp. Haven't used the Savage Gear Bait Fish yet as it is my calm water tarpon bait... been using the DOA Terror Eyez which will work on a 40 lb tarpon. caught 2 small ones and jumped a couple of others Saturday.
Posted By: JohnBo74

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/19/21 07:15 AM

Wow, that is awesome man.

Keep us posted.

ML&R

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/19/21 01:43 PM

[Linked Image]

Late start today

[Linked Image]

About to lose internet, 20 more miles to ramp.
Posted By: Bones72

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/19/21 02:14 PM

Love them spoonbills.
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/19/21 02:45 PM

Nice pictures and fishing report. I recall reading one of your Naconiche reports that you were going to the Everglades. Naconiche is on my trip list and the now the Everglades. Thanks and keep those pictures coming. Be safe!!

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/20/21 02:32 AM

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Bahama Bread for late lunch.

[Linked Image]

Slow day but very little wind... reds, small snook, jacks and lady fish today.. never saw a tarpon. Wind changed directions and bait and fish must have moved somewhere. Birds left as well. Moving to Chokoloskee and fishing the north end of the Everglades for a day or two.

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/21/21 05:23 PM

[Linked Image]

Driving across Tamiami Trail on way to Chokoloskee, I stopped to check out the freshwater canal.. found out there are snook and tarpon in it, and peacocks.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Little guy.. could have gotten him on a frog roflmao

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

First time I’d ever stopped to fish here though it looks so fishy and open to public.. Saw one small bass caught.. Spent half an hour and back on the road.
Posted By: J.P. Greeson

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/21/21 09:24 PM

I see a DOA Bait Buster. Can't go wrong with those.

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/22/21 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
I see a DOA Bait Buster. Can't go wrong with those.

My favorite bait to throw down here! I like the splat sound it makes when it hits the water. Only bait that caught fish today.. Snook, trout, and lady fish. Nothing on spinner bait, top water, or saltwater assassins. Have you fished Chokoloskee before?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/24/21 04:19 AM

[Linked Image]
roflmao

[Linked Image]

Good to be back home.
Posted By: TxDanFishMan

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/24/21 07:36 PM

Great adventure and pics, thanks for taking us along for the paddling. thumb
Posted By: CCTX

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/25/21 06:35 PM

Awesome!!! Merry Christmas!

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/26/21 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by CCTX
Awesome!!! Merry Christmas!

[Linked Image]

Merry Christmas from Monticello today! roflmao
Posted By: Mudshark

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/26/21 01:35 AM

What a great trip! That is awesome.
Posted By: JohnBo74

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/26/21 05:00 PM

Man you need to stow me away in your luggage the next time you go on a trip hahaha.

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/27/21 05:37 AM

For anyone that ever plans to try this place out, try to go during fall mullet run. It is truly incredible to see, or to be right in the middle of it at night! bang Thought I would try Flamingo out at night once upon a time. Got there around midnight, launched by the light of the moon, paddle a ways out of marina and mullet are showering all over the bay. Mosquitoes are swarming with constant drone with full head gear netting. Hear big explosions of mullet getting whacked by tarpon, snook, and sharks. Get hit in the armpit by mullet jumping while I'm paddling that scares me to death, mulllet flying into and over kayak... The explosions are so intense, and so many of them, I'm afraid to cast. There is a distinct difference in sound that a snook makes and there were a lot more of everything else that isn't a snook. I don't want to hook a tarpon or shark as I'm in a month long catch, photo, release tournament and just need a snook to complete my snook, trout, redfish, slam. I paddle to this sand bar that is exposed during lower tide levels and just listen. I can see a huge school of mullet coming right at me... some jump completely over kayak onto bar, some hit directly into kayak, some are wedging themselves in the mud under kayak.. that's when I see a big hump in the water coming at me like a torpedo.. I'll never forget the sharks mouth wide open as it rammed me as it tried to pin those mullet against kayak. It practically knocked my kayak further up bar I was on. Never made a cast that night.. waited about 20 minutes until things quieted down, paddled back to ramp, loaded up and made the 90 minute drive back home.

Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 12/28/21 12:47 AM

Awesome, great pics!

Re: Flamingo Everglades 2021 - 01/03/22 07:55 PM

Found some pictures of an iguana I saw on side of the road in Key Largo. Forgot it was in batch from trip. Almost got run over pulling off the road in traffic. Chased the sucker trying to get pics then went into the woods looking for more. Spent half an our in the most jungle looking trees you can imagine. Will definitely look for more of them next time in the same place.

[Linked Image]

Unusual color for the iguanas I've normally seen. They change colors to match their environment. This one has probably spent a lot of time sunning in the dead looking grass.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Took picture of one above many years ago that lived in the rocks, unusual color as well.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum