Texas Fishing Forum

Finally installed my anchor trolley

Posted By: jippedgenes

Finally installed my anchor trolley - 08/22/21 01:19 PM

Why did I not do this sooner! I guess I was scared to put holes in my Crescent UL. I also installed a paddle holder. Fishing offshore is WAY easier and more comfortable. Boat positioning is easier, the anchor stays put better and I do not have to worry about my paddle falling in the water and floating away when fighting a fish. (Not that the dinks I caught put up much fight.) Yeah I should use a paddle leash but I always got it tangled up when I did.

If you have not done this mod it is AWESOME!
Posted By: TXanalogkd

Re: Finally installed my anchor trolley - 08/22/21 02:33 PM

I agree; it took me years to install mine and I always wondered what took me so long. Not sure what type of paddle holder you have, but I put cord around my taco holder. This secures the paddle because it will pop off at times.

Re: Finally installed my anchor trolley - 08/22/21 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by TXanalogkd
I agree; it took me years to install mine and I always wondered what took me so long. Not sure what type of paddle holder you have, but I put cord around my taco holder. This secures the paddle because it will pop off at times.

Yak attack, It has the elastic cord and was only $11 on amazon.
Posted By: Dougfresh

Re: Finally installed my anchor trolley - 08/28/21 01:41 AM

Took me a while before I installed one as well. Finally got to try it with my new yak gadget line manager and it worked great. Easy down, easy up. For half the the cost of the yak attack anchor wizard it’s a helluva bargain. Highly recommend them. They’ve got several trak mount accessories and anchoring systems.
[Linked Image]

Re: Finally installed my anchor trolley - 08/31/21 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by Dougfresh
Took me a while before I installed one as well. Finally got to try it with my new yak gadget line manager and it worked great. Easy down, easy up. For half the the cost of the yak attack anchor wizard it’s a helluva bargain. Highly recommend them. They’ve got several trak mount accessories and anchoring systems.
[Linked Image]

That is awesome! Thanks I will look for one.
Posted By: fshng84

Re: Finally installed my anchor trolley - 09/11/21 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by jippedgenes
Why did I not do this sooner! I guess I was scared to put holes in my Crescent UL. I also installed a paddle holder. Fishing offshore is WAY easier and more comfortable. Boat positioning is easier, the anchor stays put better and I do not have to worry about my paddle falling in the water and floating away when fighting a fish. (Not that the dinks I caught put up much fight.) Yeah I should use a paddle leash but I always got it tangled up when I did.

If you have not done this mod it is AWESOME!

Hate putting holes in a kayak but wanted an anchor trolley plus was short on funds. Was ten plus years ago. Luckily, my kayak had deck rigging that I could use to make a paracord anchor trolley. Has worked for years without issue. My fishing buddy bought a kayak that did not have the same deck rigging but figured out a way to make the paracord work... here is a video snippet.
Posted By: Nekro

Re: Finally installed my anchor trolley - 10/01/21 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dougfresh
[Linked Image]

I am definitely going to look into that yak line manager
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum