Texas Fishing Forum

Registration

Posted By: SAvoltage

Registration - 07/26/21 03:09 PM

Powering my first kayak with a bixpy and understand I will now need to title and register it.
Lucky I bought my kayak new (Shearwater 125) and have all the paperwork that it came with.

Do I just go into the parks and wildlife office with that paperwork and that would be enough? I read somewhere about pictures of the serial number/full kayak? Will I need information from the Bixpy?
What is yalls experience getting this done.

Dont want to drive all the way in just to not have something. Maybe just bring the kayak with me?
Posted By: Fisherman13

Re: Registration - 07/26/21 05:33 PM

You will need 3 forms. You can print them out at home and fill out the easy stuff and anything you are not sure about they will help you with. The 3 forms I had to print out were on TPWD website and they were 143, 504, and 314. You will need a picture of the kayaks serial number which can be found on the kayak and $59.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Registration - 07/26/21 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Fisherman13
You will need 3 forms. You can print them out at home and fill out the easy stuff and anything you are not sure about they will help you with. The 3 forms I had to print out were on TPWD website and they were 143, 504, and 314. You will need a picture of the kayaks serial number which can be found on the kayak and $59.

This and be sure to take the receipt showing tax paid. Don't need anything from the motor.
Posted By: SAvoltage

Re: Registration - 07/27/21 02:01 PM

Thanks. I don't believe I paid tax as it came from out of state. Guess I should be expecting to pay that too. Damn G-Men.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum