Texas Fishing Forum

First time in Texoma in my kayak

Posted By: Jonathan_Zambrano

First time in Texoma in my kayak - 06/20/21 05:13 PM

Went to the dam and didn't catch a thing! Was hoping for a smallie but got skunked. Would I have been better off launching from and fishing Eisonhower? I need a redemption trip! Lol
Posted By: Jerry Hamon

Re: First time in Texoma in my kayak - 06/20/21 11:12 PM

I generally launch from East or West Burns Run. Less boat traffic and the fishing is better.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: First time in Texoma in my kayak - 06/20/21 11:43 PM

I normally caught the smallies along the cliff and in the coves around Little Mineral on Preston Peninsula....
Posted By: glen6131

Re: First time in Texoma in my kayak - 06/21/21 12:09 AM

Fished Texoma with both my boat and kayak. Try the coves between Eisenhower and the Dam with swimbaits and cranks or suspending jerkbaits. If u have a graph on your kayak try vertically fishing a dropshot on the big boulders u see on the points in the same area. U can see the smallmouth sitting by the boulders. Fish the back of the marina on the left going out if Eisenhower. Smallmouth and some stripers there with largemouth. Fish topwater real early on the points near the park for smallmouth also. Good luck
Posted By: christian myrick

Re: First time in Texoma in my kayak - 06/21/21 09:15 AM

Learning any new water is going to come with some challenges. Personally, I would spend some time looking at navionics and Google earth to pinpoint areas your target species will be most likely to hang out. Texoma can be a tough lake to go to blind.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum