Texas Fishing Forum

Palestine 6/12/21

Posted By: lconn4

Palestine 6/12/21 - 06/13/21 03:44 AM

Well I decided not to make the 400 mile drive to Corpus Christi and drove 30 minutes instead. roflmao Hadn’t fished Kickapoo in several months, so decided to give it a shot. On the water at 11:00. Lose a good one on 5 inch swimbait when hook gets caught in the 3 feet of trot line cord tied to stump. Start throwing a 5xd in 4 feet of water and just crawling it along bottom and pause to let it slowly rise and feel a light tap. Set the hook and hang a good one.

[Linked Image]

It was long and skinny. Thought it might go eight lbs, thought it might be 24 inches. Realize I didn’t have check it stick, but do have a scale. Just put new batteries in it, was working fine. But not today. Scale read 1 lb 3 oz. bang Decide to drag it back to ramp to get measurement... I want another ShareLunker sticker. banana

[Linked Image]

Paddle back to ramp, 10 minutes tops at slow pace to keep fish breathing.. get tape.. and get it weighed by tournament fisherman that says his Berkeley scale is on the money. I guessed 7.5 to 8 lbs... it weighed 7.6. I’ll take it. Almost loaded up and went home as it’s not going to get any better.

Back to fishing, back to catching.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Lost my 5xd to stump roots. Tied on another one in different color and never got another bite. Tried top water, swimbait, square bill, spinner bait .. nothing.

[Linked Image]

I’m beat.
Posted By: David Newton

Re: Palestine 6/12/21 - 06/13/21 04:26 AM

Nice catch! I imagine a fish that big pulls the kayak all over the place?

Re: Palestine 6/12/21 - 06/14/21 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by David Newton
Nice catch! I imagine a fish that big pulls the kayak all over the place?

This one didn't fight much... guess the water being warmer (85) didn't help.
roflmao
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Palestine 6/12/21 - 06/14/21 11:22 AM

Well done Louis! Did you use the donkey leash?

Re: Palestine 6/12/21 - 06/14/21 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by JPeel
Well done Louis! Did you use the donkey leash?

Absolutely! I'm wearing it out! roflmao Thanks again! cheers

https://www.tacklewarehouse.com/Cal_Coast_Fishing_Donkey_Leash_Fish_Lanyard/descpage-CCFDL.html
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Palestine 6/12/21 - 06/14/21 09:32 PM

Solid post and solid fish. Good job. cheers
Posted By: Patriot7Six

Re: Palestine 6/12/21 - 06/23/21 01:08 PM

Very nice, Palestine has been tough on me this month.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum